Sauce Wants To Guard Opposing Teams' Top WR

TuscanyTile2

It NEEDS to happen now. McCarthy just showed how to game plan this CS. They knew the Jets play a lot of zone and they lined up their best WR away from our best DB. It's not rocket science. Our CS was outcoached big time yesterday. The guys on SNY post game railed against them. They said this loss was MOSTLY on the CS.

Saleh and Ulbrich are idiots.

With Cooks out, Lamb was the only legit threat in the passing game.

Lamb was given free access the line in what looked like predominantly zone coverage where he was running free through open swaths of grass.

And once he caught the ball the tackling was pisspoor.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Pac said:

Saleh quickly shut down the idea of Sauce shadowing when Kay asked about it earlier today.  Said it would change the entire defense and left it at that. 

Ain't happening even if I wish it did. 

Well that’s not very encouraging. I understand you have to play to a person’s strength but that’s a bit of a stretch. 

49 minutes ago, Pac said:

Saleh quickly shut down the idea of Sauce shadowing when Kay asked about it earlier today.  Said it would change the entire defense and left it at that. 

At first glance I hate this answer. Historically this wide 9 \ zone stuff I haven't been a fan of. But last year changed me. They ran a tight zone and it was impressive.

What happened on Sunday can't happen again. So sure, stick with the base defense and yes, that makes sense, you can't slide Sauce around in man on a zone D. Sure.  But you better start shutting people down and making the Dallas game an outlier.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

9 hours ago, Pac said:

this will be his downfall and it will cost him his job.  have to make adjustments.  so he's playing checkers and the rest of the league is playing chess...as good as DJ Reed is, he's not Sauce.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, DeerPark said:

this will be his downfall and it will cost him his job.  have to make adjustments.  so he's playing checkers and the rest of the league is playing chess...as good as DJ Reed is, he's not Sauce.

It’s not about an individual player, it’s that we played zone and Dallas took advantage of that.  Especially in the short to mid zone.  Essentially lb’s and safeties covering lamb and it was a soft zone from the looks of it.

a defensive genius can't scheme up a defense that uses his best player to his fullest potential.. makes total sense. 

Sure he can ... but it's a team game and he's got to scheme up a way to get ALL 11 playing to their full potential. Not just 1 (#1).

Props to sauce for trying to show leadership. And also, lead by making that pick six so we take a lead and can start running rather than trying to play catch up the whole game.

Dallas is a tough out this year. Live with it. Get better. Move on. Channel the frustration into patriot stomping. Remind ol BB what's it's like to be little bill.

There no such thing as a winner in a twitter fight.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • WTF? 1

1 minute ago, Jerichoholic said:

Sure he can ... but it's a team game and he's got to scheme up a way to get ALL 11 playing to their full potential. Not just 1 (#1).

Props to sauce for trying to show leadership. And also, lead by making that pick six so we take a lead and can start running rather than trying to play catch up the whole game.

Dallas is a tough out this year. Live with it. Get better. Move on. Channel the frustration into patriot stomping. Remind ol BB what's it's like to be little bill.

There no such thing as a winner in a twitter fight.

All this is irrelevant for this weekend as there is no wrs or even players worth shadowing

Did they even have a db assigned to just lamb?  Sauce is both right and wrong. He should be covering the best wrs but that still wouldn’t make up for QBs exploiting other players. Carter played slot and was shaken up. Echols came in and they did do a fair job in the second half.  But it’s still tough to go against a qb who had a hot hand and a receiver who was taking advantage of the area between the dline and dbs.  If players start to free lance then there can be loads of busted plays or chunk plays. I think the thing is for all players to get the system down and then they can take chances.

All this is irrelevant for this weekend as there is no wrs or even players worth shadowing

Of course it's irrelevant when you miss the point.

Point is get better at what we do. Stop beating ourselves up with knee jerk reactions reactions and the suggestions of scrapping a defensive scheme that works in San Fran and Seattle and that we've spent three years building after 1 disappointing outcome in week 2.

I think that's pretty damn relevant for week 3.

• WTF? 1

13 minutes ago, Jerichoholic said:

Of course it's irrelevant when you miss the point.

Point is get better at what we do. Stop beating ourselves up with knee jerk reactions reactions and the suggestions of scrapping a defensive scheme that works in San Fran and Seattle and that we've spent three years building after 1 disappointing outcome in week 2.

I think that's pretty damn relevant for week 3.

Not sure why the harsh response... I agree with you... 

24 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

Sounds like a whole lot of ME-sauce for someone who has missed a lot of tackles in the last 2 games at inopportune times.

Dude needs to STFU right now and wrap up them legs. Dont let that one good season go to your head son. 

Pretty soon he's gonna be saying we need more dawgs. 

• Haha 1