So.....

More Cowbell

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You're not competing with Carr in the AFC, either.  You're just not.  Rodgers was a worthwhile gamble.

I was ok with the move but was not in love with it. It was always going to be a short term fix and leave us nowhere in the QB dept. With Carr we would have had a real solution. Carr is a competent  QB and a lot of people here said with this team, that was all we need. Also the Achilles  injury is not just something that happens. It gets more brittle as you age. 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, chirorob said:

I honestly think this was on JD.

But, we'll never really know.

Well it does seem like Woody insisted on Rodgers and forced this, but I'm more frustrated right now, that there was (as usual, year-after-year) no plan for a good backup QB if and when our QB goes down.

And don't get me started on how JD doesn't address the OL.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

No he isn't.  My God, can you stop already. You are either over the top positive or you poop on everything. It's  like talking to a manic-depressive 

Carr is the worst type of qb there is.  Hes not bad enough to get benched but not good enough to win any real meaningful games.

We are in a better position now with Zach then having Carr and being mediocre the next 5 years.

• Thumb Down 2
  • Ugh 1

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

Carr is the worst type of qb there is.  Hes not bad enough to get benched but not good enough to win any real meaningful games.

We are in a better position now with Zach then having Carr and being mediocre the next 5 years.

Ok, you have to be off your meds. Better positioned with Zach as our QB. You really said that? I'd rather have Baker Mayfield.  At least he doesn't  totally suck. 

17 minutes ago, Wit said:

No. Rodgers was the right move. Injuries happen. It could have happened to Carr too. 

Rodgers legitimately put the team in the contender conversation, and he was the only available QB who could’ve done that. Carr has a career losing record and lost the only playoff game he was ever in. They made the right move, it just didn’t work out. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

i was in favor of signing carr (say at the deal he got from the saints) and using the resources given up for rodgers to build around carr.  but i completely understood the decision to go after rodgers and fully jumped on the bandwagon once it was apparent this was the direction they were going.  

that said, it's a leap to assume we are 2-0 with carr.  the saints played (and barely beat) the titans and the panthers.  not exactly the same as playing the bills and cowboys.  i think a carr-led jets team would do better than a zach-led team, but i think the upside of rodgers was greater than the upside of carr.  obviously they took a risk on the upside and it just blew up in their faces, probably to the surprise of very few - this being the jets and all.

18 minutes ago, slats said:

Rodgers legitimately put the team in the contender conversation, and he was the only available QB who could’ve done that. Carr has a career losing record and lost the only playoff game he was ever in. They made the right move, it just didn’t work out. 

Rodgers was the right move for us for the reason you stated. Teams win and lose games, not QB's. Carr has never been on a team with a defense as good as the Saints. I think the Saints will win a decent amount of games this year and be a playoff team.

I also think the Cowboys would kill them if healthy.

47 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

They won 2 very ugly games over the Titans and Panthers.  Pump the brakes on the Carr train my man.

They've got games @ GB, vs TB and @ New England next week.  I'm thinking they only win 1 of those at most.

I was gonna wait until after 4 or 6 games before trotting out the comparisons.

28 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Ok, you have to be off your meds. Better positioned with Zach as our QB. You really said that? I'd rather have Baker Mayfield.  At least he doesn't  totally suck. 

Yes, becasue with Wilson, we know he sucks and can cut bait right away.  Carr your locked into his mediocrity for years now.

When Derek Carr is your qb, you have guaranteed that your season will not end in a Super Bowl.  He is the worst type of qb you can have.

36 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

No he isn't.  My God, can you stop already. You are either over the top positive or you poop on everything. It's  like talking to a manic-depressive 

He throw for about 4000 a season.

Completes 65% of his throws.

Better than 2:1 TD to Int ratio.   He'd be the best qb we've had since 1970

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Anyone else thinking if Woody would have not butted in we would have taken Carr and been 2-0 like the Saints.  

I wish woody really hated drafting qb. Not let JD waste 2nd overall on zach, 3rd overall on darnold, the THREE 2nd rounders used to trade up for darnold, the 2nd round hackenberg, the geno 2nd. Use all those picks on Offense line. Instead of having 1 of worst OLs, have 1 of the best and still have a HOF qb ha

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

1) Carr sucks on the road.

2) No, you wouldn't.  No one should ever expect a Zach Wilson-QB'd team to beat the Pats.  Packers and TB are much, much better than expected too.

Yes.  Yes, I would.  Your expectations and mine might be different.

7 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

You literally expect Zach Wilson Jets to beat a pissed off BB? 

I don't expect Zach Wilson do anything much.  I mean other than suck.  Thing is BB is not on the field.  Mac Jones is.  If this D can't stop Mac Jones, I will jump on the **** all these losers bandwagon.

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Anyone else thinking if Woody would have not butted in we would have taken Carr and been 2-0 like the Saints.  

No.  I think the move was 100% Joe Douglas.

As I said at the time, and is coming true now, if this move worked out, this forum would have given all the credit to JD.

Now that it hasn't worked out, alot of folks are claiming it "was all Woody".

Same old same old, fans are going to try and save a GM they seem to like, despite his deep losing record, and his consistent fails at QB, O-line and building a decent NFL offense.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Hate to say it but I'm with Joe Dubya on this one. 

Much rather the gamble on Rodgers then mediocracy with Carr. 

3 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Yes, becasue with Wilson, we know he sucks and can cut bait right away.  Carr your locked into his mediocrity for years now.

When Derek Carr is your qb, you have guaranteed that your season will not end in a Super Bowl.  He is the worst type of qb you can have.

With Zach as QB, even if we cut him, we are left with an aging Rogers that nobody knows if he can play at the same level again, who looked pretty strange holding the ball as long as he did in the 4 short snaps he took, and after next season if Rogers actually plays, guess who is still here? Boyle. That is what we have. Now maybe you are hoping we totally suck and get a top 5 pick to take a QB. Is JD actually the guy you want choosing a QB again? Even if we have the first overall pick, we still need to play a different QB the first season unless you want to ruin another QB putting him behind this OL. Oh yeah, JD hasn’t  fixed that either. The Rogers play has failed in spectacular fashion. I have heard time and time again that all we need is competent QB play and this team makes the playoffs. I will take that. It is a step in the right direction. Carr would give you that. 

45 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

1 year of mediocre QB sounds like a dream to me, let alone 5.