Zach Wilson by the #'s thru Week 2

Jetsfan80

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

How dare he present the statistics of the starting quarterback of the New York Jets on a New York Jets message board.

The "you're beating a dead horse" crowd showed up even earlier than they did during the Darnold era.

Hell, they were saying it all Summer because Zach was "the backup".  Yet look at where we are....

• Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Here's how Zach ranks for each of these key categories, (out of 32 qualifying QBs for the Rate stats):

• QB Rating:  53.3 (32nd)
  • QBR:  37.4 (26th)
  • Completion %:  54.2 (32nd)
  • Expected Comp % (per Next Gen):  58.5 (32nd)
  • Yards:  310 (29th)
  • Yards per Game:  155.0 (29th)
  • YPA:  6.5 (22nd)
  • TDs:  2 (t-14th)
  • INTs:  4 (39th)
  • TD %:  4.2 (t-12th)
  • INT %:  8.3 (32nd)
  • 1st Down success rate:  34.0 % (30th)
  • Sack %:  9.4 (23rd)
  • On Target %:  65.1 (28th)
  • Bad Throw %:  20.9 (30th)
  • Completed Air Yards per PA:  2.6 (28th)
  • Pressured %:  29.3 (28th)
  • Pocket Time:  2.7 (5th)
  • Time to Throw (per Next Gen):  3.22 (1st)
  • Play Action Passing yardage:  70 (23rd)
  • Play Action Pass Attempts:  5 (t-26th)

As always, this is misleading. It isn't a full two games. He didn't play the first series in the opener.  :)

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I have no idea why Douglas seems to insist on dying on the Zach hill.  Hopefully he's smart enough to realize he needs to make a move to avoid this disaster.

I think he is. The best (for us) hope at this point is he legitimately thought Zach would have two years to rehab and learn. They never banked on dusting him off in essentially the first game. It isn't an excuse for Douglas, I thought there should have been another better choice on the roster. And if you wanted to make Zach a project, make him the 3rd string inactive guy.

• Post of the Week 1

I think he is. The best (for us) hope at this point is he legitimately thought Zach would have two years to rehab and learn. They never banked on dusting him off in essentially the first game. It isn't an excuse for Douglas, I thought there should have been another better choice on the roster. And if you wanted to make Zach a project, make him the 3rd string inactive guy.
Seems like they are going burn and turn... Zach figures it out ... or Zach is outta here in two years.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Is it unreasonable to expect Zach to outproduce a castoff journeyman 4th round QB that Arizona is putting out there specifically to tank their season?

Dobbs (admittedly against slightly weaker competition, that 'Ders D is as legit as our own was supposed to be), is throwing at a near 70% completion rate, for more yards, way less INT's and an 89.5 QB rating so far.

I feel like it's crazy town that I cannot expect similar from Zach at this point.  

• Upvote 2