Metlife Atmosphere on Sunday

kevinc855

Just now, Adoni Beast said:

This exactly. The offense looked bad against Buffalo too but the shock of Rodgers' injury has worn off and the disaster in Dallas happened so the Jets need to come out firing or it will turn ugly in the stands pretty quickly.

Yup.  Then all the boo birds will be on JN rushing to the Defcon 4 thread to post what they had to endure.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Insanity = doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Douglas/Saleh/Zach Wilson.  Its been an abject failure for 3 years now.

The team should be booed mercissley from the opening whistle.  That is what they deserve.

But.................I am willing to hold off until quarter 2.  If this offense goes, punt, punt, punt, the boos should reign down like never before in that stadium.  This in unacceptable and they have to know we will not be quiet about it.

1 quarter fellas.  That is all they have left.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 6
  • More Ugh 1
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

We have been hanging our heads after that ass whoooping from the Cowboys but as its own thread acknoledges, NE is the season.

With that said, we truly had a home advatage MNF against the Bills and it reflected on the field. This is my call to rock out Metlife on Sunday just as much. This game is HUGE. 

Time to rally behind the team at home and get to 2-1. GET LOUD 

Game 3 is the season?  Really? I can easily mark this game down as a loss and still find 9 more wins (Broncos, Giants, Chargers, Raiders, Dolphins, Falcons, Texans, Commanders, Browns)

And how do you expect fans to read this board and hear how everything sucks, from the QB to the coaches to the GM to the OL and then get motivated to come out and get behind this team of supposed misfits and bums?  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Game 3 is the season?  Really? I can easily mark this game down as a loss and still find 9 more wins (Broncos, Giants, Chargers, Raiders, Dolphins, Falcons, Texans, Commanders, Browns)

And how do you expect fans to read this board and hear how everything sucks, from the QB to the coaches to the GM to the OL and then get motivated to come out and get behind this team of supposed misfits and bums?  

HAHAHAHAAHAHA.

Man will you be reluctantly attending the Defcon 4 thread on Sunday,  It will cure you of these fantasies.

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, Alex G said:

I'm sure there will be a decent amount of excitement from the fanbase, but all bets are off if Zach does something incredibly stupid and then in classic Zach fashion, lets that completely snowball.

Fans will be raucous and supportive at the start.  However, I’m sure most of the fanbase has similar opinions of ZW to posters here - and will quickly turn on him if he starts out in very shaky fashion.

This is a coaches game.  Will Hackett seriously limit ZW and try to win with him as just a ‘game manager’..vs a stacked front designed to cut off the run game and short passing game?   Have to trust ZW..(and the offensive line)..so there can be several attempts to complete medium range passes..with a few deep shots mixed in.  
Individual performances aside, this will be a coaching chess match. Our D obviously needs to show up and limit the Pats to under 20 points - possibly well under.  Just can’t operate with short fields..due to turnovers and several 3 and outs.

Sink or swim with Zach.  Can’t play scared with an ultra-conservative offensive game plan ..leaving it all up to the D to win the game, imo.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The team should be booed mercissley from the opening whistle.  That is what they deserve.

But.................I am willing to hold off until quarter 2.  If this offense goes, punt, punt, punt, the boos should reign down like never before in that stadium.  This in unacceptable and they have to know we will not be quiet about it.

Zach doesn’t deserve to be booed IMO. Dude shouldn’t even be in the position he’s in. If they wanted to truly “reset” him, he should not have seen the field this season, Rodgers injury or not. 

Blame the cheerleader HC and the GM who can’t bag a winning season to save his life.

• Post of the Week 1

24 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

So you are operating under the assumption they are actually going to win 7 of those 9 games? Because otherwise, its hard to see a path to the playoffs unless they steal at least a game vs. PHI, vs. KC, @ MIA, @ BUF, and @ NE, where they will be extremely heavy underdogs.

57 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Please bring your poms poms, just in case! 

F1CL.gif.e7c42e78c926f0cec25ea031d8b987c1.gif

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

It's likely going to get very ugly on Sunday. Losing to the Patriots, yet again, is going to be unacceptable and I expect the boo birds to be out early in the game if Zach Wilson and the offense can't move the football. 

I think you may be right here. If the offense is inept again, fans will be frustrated, and with every right to be. This be year 3 of watching a Jets offense under Zach have no success. It would be madening for sure. 

• Upvote 1

The tenor of the crowd will be entirely based on the performance of the Jets.

We teeter on the brink.  The crowd will know and feel that.  And react to that if we tilt one side or the other.

If Zach poops the bed as he's done against Belichick now several times.....the crowd will not be pretty.  Home crowd or not.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

If we cannot beat the Pats, will we beat KC, Philly or Denver, all better teams (thus far) than the Pats?

At 1-5, would you still be optimistic?

I don't see how Denver is better than New England, but I agree with you that, if we can't beat NE at home, we aren't a good team. 

Good teams win divisional games at home. Losing to a divisional opponent for 7 straight years is completely inexcusable (I don't care how good their dynasty was). Losing to this Pats team again after the ass-beating we just got in Dallas will tell me everything I need to know about this team. 

MUST WIN

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Warfish said:

If we cannot beat the Pats, will we beat KC, Philly or Denver, all better teams (thus far) than the Pats?

At 1-5, would you still be optimistic?

The NFL is a week to week sport. What happens in one week means very little for the following week.  How did the 2020 Jets beat the Rams and cost us a franchise QB? The Jets can win 9 more games without beating the Pats on Sunday.  There are 14 more games after this  one.  Injuries, adjustments, and other things changes from week to week.

So, no, I would not be optimistic at 1-5.  But that would make the Denver game more of a must win than this game.  There are no must win games in week 3 of a 17 game season.  End of discussion.  The drama on this board is so over the top it's absurd.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1