In all the years (2005) I've belonged to Jet Nation...I've never seen it this pissed

14 minutes ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

And the answer is simple why.  Almost all of us bought into how great this team was supposed to be...even the players bought in including Aaron Rodgers.  He said as much and hence the reason he wanted to come here.  I have no idea how to fix it...yes, it was only one game but they looked bad on both sides of the ball.  You want to blame it all on ZW, that's fine.  I really don't see big improvements from him.  You want to blame coaching, that's fine too.  You want to blame JD for not getting this O line game ready, because they're not.  So much blame to go around is the bottom line and Belichick will feast on all this crapola.  No need to get personal with other members because I think most of us are just in shock since AR went down and even though we won that game, reality of our season went out the door with all the Fing hype.

I agree on not needing to eat our own. 

This was just maybe the most hope filled preseason we've ever had and for that to be gone in the first 4 plays of the season is ridiculous. I get the anger. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

17 minutes ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

And the answer is simple why.  Almost all of us bought into how great this team was supposed to be...even the players bought in including Aaron Rodgers.  He said as much and hence the reason he wanted to come here.  I have no idea how to fix it...yes, it was only one game but they looked bad on both sides of the ball.  You want to blame it all on ZW, that's fine.  I really don't see big improvements from him.  You want to blame coaching, that's fine too.  You want to blame JD for not getting this O line game ready, because they're not.  So much blame to go around is the bottom line and Belichick will feast on all this crapola.  No need to get personal with other members because I think most of us are just in shock since AR went down and even though we won that game, reality of our season went out the door with all the Fing hype.

**** you!!  Piece of sh*t!!

;)

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

The angriest reactions around here happen when the fanbase has talked itself into believing that the latest stupid, short-sighted, self-defeating move the Jets have pulled is actually brilliant, and then has to confront irrefutable evidence that said move was in fact stupid, short-sighted, and self-defeating.

Very accurate.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

16 minutes ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

Yeah, you're right!!  I will be at the Pats game on Sunday, and I have serious doubts.  We lost the last 14 games against the Pats, and I'm afraid we will be watching the 15th version of Groundhog Day, starring Bill Murray.  

I've already watched Groundhog Day with Bill Murray, about 10 times now, and I have no desire to watch it again at MetLife stadium on Sunday.

6 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

The angriest reactions around here happen when the fanbase has talked itself into believing that the latest stupid, short-sighted, self-defeating move the Jets have pulled is actually brilliant, and then has to confront irrefutable evidence that said move was in fact stupid, short-sighted, and self-defeating.

How do you know that? We never had the opportunity to see what an elite QB could do, even with the shaky OL we clearly have. It's easy to say now that Rodgers is out, but it seems all too easy to pile on after the fact. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, doitny said:

i said this in another thread but i will say it again here.

Woody, JD and Saleh all told us last year they were bringing in a QB cause the one we had was so bad they could not bring him back to start this year. and they did get a QB but 4 plays into the season the guy they said is so bad we need a new QB is now our starter for the rest of the year.

Rodgers is 40 yrs old and we were all in on the SB, they had to have a better option than the worst QB in the NFL for the last 2 years to be backup. 

and now its Tuesday and not even a peep as to who they are bringing in as QB. it looks like a wait to see what Zach does against NE. we all know either this week or a week or 2 later Zach is going to have a few real bad games and it will be too late to get anyone, the season will truly be over.

this is why were all mad. we are done with Zach and now looks like we are going to be forced to see him for the next few games.

There's a definite contigent of fans who are at that point.  Could be a huge majority, I don't know.  But to say there is some universal truth that the entire fan base is digusted with Wilson to the point of never seeing him take another snap is simply not the case.  There are plenty of fans who were fine with him being the back up on the basis that Rodgers has been, for the majority of his career, reasonably durable.  It's two games into a long season.  Wilson was just one of many problems that appeared in Dallas...

6 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

There's a definite contigent of fans who are at that point.  Could be a huge majority, I don't know.  But to say there is some universal truth that the entire fan base is digusted with Wilson to the point of never seeing him take another snap is simply not the case.  There are plenty of fans who were fine with him being the back up on the basis that Rodgers has been, for the majority of his career, reasonably durable.  It's two games into a long season.  Wilson was just one of many problems that appeared in Dallas...

If Wilson had to be on the team for political reasons or whatever, he should have been 3rd on the depth chart. Let him figure out what he wants to be when he grows up on his own time. The Jets could have easily drafted another QB or brought in a real backup. Rogers year 1 needed an actual backup behind him. Not a charity case.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

fine with being the backup. not the starter. and now he is the starter and thats incompetence on JDs part.

and most of us were not fine with him as the backup. not being an injury away from starting. QB3 would have been fine but not QB2. 

even if you believe that Rodgers can turn Zach around nobody believed Zach would have learned enough to be a backup this year after a few months with Rodgers. it would have taken at least this year at the earliest to just sit on the bench and be QB2 next year if at all.

are you mad yet or do you need a couple of more 45% completion 3 INT games before you get mad that JD did not get a better backup in FA and is waiting to get one now.?

7 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

If Wilson had to be on the team for political reasons or whatever, he should have been 3rd on the depth chart. Let him figure out what he wants to be when he grows up on his own time. The Jets could have easily drafted another QB or brought in a real backup. Rogers year 1 needed an actual backup behind him. Not a charity case.

Again, there are many fans who feel as you do.  No issue.  There are also many fans that didn't need to see Minshew or a similar level back up signed just to keep Wilson off the field. 

3 minutes ago, doitny said:

fine with being the backup. not the starter. and now he is the starter and thats incompetence on JDs part.

and most of us were not fine with him as the backup. not being an injury away from starting. QB3 would have been fine but not QB2. 

even if you believe that Rodgers can turn Zach around nobody believed Zach would have learned enough to be a backup this year after a few months with Rodgers. it would have taken at least this year at the earliest to just sit on the bench and be QB2 next year if at all.

are you mad yet or do you need a couple of more 45% completion 3 INT games before you get mad that JD did not get a better backup in FA and is waiting to get one now.?

I'm not trying to mince words with you.  Just be a bit careful with these assumptions.  No doubt the most vocal fans have been anti-Wilson. But there are also a quite a few who were fine with the plan.  Specific to your question, I don't believe signing Minshew, Brissett, Mike White, etc. was a game changer vs. what we're dealing with now.  

58 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

This is why I won’t trust the Jets until proven otherwise. Too many blunders. Too much losing. Too many excuses. You gotta earn back the trust. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

I think it all depends on how weeks 3 and even 4 go. I feel like the Dallas game was gonna be a loss even with Rodgers.

The road map here is beating NE and Denver. Getting to 3-3 at that bye is critical because as bad as the Jets looked Sunday, the Chargers, giants and raiders all look worse. The longer this team can tread water the better the chance the offense can figure out a way just to be serviceable. 

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

That was never going to happen with the current management. You have every right to be pissed, but they could not have been clearer that they still believe in Wilson...

Exactly why no one should believe in this team as it’s currently constituted. 

1 minute ago, DireJet said:

Exactly why no one should believe in this team as it’s currently constituted. 

No issue with you on alot of this.  JD has never gotten the OL right, and had his 1st round pick inactive last weekend.  Do disagree on Wilson.  He was mishandled badly his first two years.  Poor coaching and he never should have seen the field.  Hard to know if he's 100% unfixable as many people believe or can be salvaged.  He might be a different guy right now if he sat and learned behind a competent starter with a better coaching staff.

• Upvote 1