LenDale Speaks

Green Jets & Ham

All I have in my arsenal is what Lendale White did in college which was alot (averaging over 1,000 yds and 17 td's a year) while taking a relatively low amount of abuse. All you White haters have in your arsenal is that he showed up 6 lbs overweight at a pro-day workout and didn't run the 40.

It's your moment in the sun now. Because of the pro-day you can sit back, relax and pretend to act like you know what you're talking about. Enjoy it because when September rolls around, and White is once again notching touchdowns on whatever team he is on, we can again have the pleasure of watching Derrick Blaylock and Cedric Houston getting 3 yds a carry.

What is it about the Jets current FO that has you so convinced that they will not address the RB position at some point in the draft or second round of FA?

All I have on Eric Mangini is that he got where he is through hard work, and supposedly likes players with a similar work ethic. If the experts are wrong and Mangini doesn't mind guys that only work most of the time then you and Ham could not be more right. No way in hell Eric Mangini passes on Lendale White if he's willing to live with a guy who gets a bit lazy from time to time. And if they do make that pick, I will cheer my ass off for him every time the Jets give him the ball.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My friend AJF asked the same question and I haven't answered it yet, but here goes ... NO

I don't believe Mangini would draft LenDale White .. I think that's a big mistake, cause this kid is like a Great thoroughbred and that would be Grand larceny at 29, but I don't believe Mangini will pull the trigger

Thanks for answering the question honestly Ham

Hey, Ham, I didn't bash you.... I just wondered if Mangini would draft a guy who has a rep as a lazy player (and an admitted work ethic problem, that he promises to fix). I'd be thrilled with White at 29..... he's a kid, like all of these players are. Some are a little slower to mature and grow up. They've been pretty spoiled so far in their short lives, and they've been romanced and recruited. I was a real idiot out of high school, but the USAF and the Vietnam war made me grow up pretty fast after that.

Some kids need a wake up call.... like I did. Others, like Mangini never went through that. He might not understand that and may not think the risk is acceptable.

So, it's not like I didn't like the pick, I just wonder if it's one Mangini would make, given his commentary on what he wants in players.

I know that TBird, you're my main man ... I'm Just teasing, I actually welcome the debate and I think it's a debate worth having because there's now a chance White can slide to 29 ... but that aside I agree {to my shagrin} that Mangini is very unlikely to draft LenDale White, even if he can be heisted at 29

PS. I darkened that one area for a reason, Just to say THANK YOU .. God Bless and thank you, my friend

All I have in my arsenal is what Lendale White did in college which was alot (averaging over 1,000 yds and 17 td's a year) while taking a relatively low amount of abuse. All you White haters have in your arsenal is that he showed up 6 lbs overweight at a pro-day workout and didn't run the 40.

It's your moment in the sun now. Because of the pro-day you can sit back, relax and pretend to act like you know what you're talking about. Enjoy it because when September rolls around, and White is once again notching touchdowns on whatever team he is on, we can again have the pleasure of watching Derrick Blaylock and Cedric Houston getting 3 yds a carry.

i like you pete ,your all right in my book.and your right blaylock sucks a$$ and houston is only going to hurt himself running like that,but may have an upside,but I doubt it.All I know is I'd rather white than both of these scrubs

i like you pete ,your all right in my book.and your right blaylock sucks a$$ and houston is only going to hurt himself running like that,but may have an upside,but I doubt it.All I know is I'd rather white than both of these scrubs

What is it about Cedric Houston that makes you doubt he has any upside?

I'd rather have Laurence Maroney at #29 anyway.

I'd have no problem with that...I've read a lot of good press on him and they say he's a hell of a back thats being a bit overlooked because of all the talent in this draft.

What is it about Cedric Houston that makes you doubt he has any upside?
his running style is reckless, I just think he's going to hurt himself like the RB from the lions did running into the holes like that without be patient thats all.he might need to watch some film on curtis or something b/c he won't last all season running like that trust me

THe one thing Lendel is is a Gamer. He has losey practice habits and I am sure he is a prima donna in the clubhouse but when he straps it on he is there to play. He could be the modern rendition of Sam Bam Cunningham. He is not Eric dickerson but the man will move the pile in the NFL. I do agree with GJ&H that he is a steal at 29 but he may too muck of a flake for mangini to tolerate.

his running style is reckless, I just think he's going to hurt himself like the RB from the lions did running into the holes like that without be patient thats all.he might need to watch some film on curtis or something b/c he won't last all season running like that trust me

Fair enough, I like the players who run hard all day. I like the throw back guys who fight for yards as opposed to running out of bounds. I'm not saying I'd hand him the starting job or anything, but I do think there is some upside to his game and he can be a solid back. We shall see.

Did you guys watch the rose bowl?

Lendale White was the best player (for either team) that day.

And he was playing at 250+lbs, and still dominated whether it be breaking tackles or running past linebackers.

He has dropped a good 10lbs since the rosebowl, working out with Pennington in Orlando etc etc. The guy is a beast of a running back, and at this point in their careers, LenDale White is much quicker and faster than Jamal Lewis, runs with more power too.

LenDale is 6'1 and should probably play at 240, he's very much like Larry Johnson.

He'd be an great pick at 29, but I dont see him slipping that far. He's just way too good of a player for that. And if he has a work ethic problem, who better to be his teacher than Curtis Martin, who btw really likes LenDale.

EB, do you not think Ron Dayne, Curtis Ennis, and Tyrone Wheatley were damn good in college?

Of course they were. On field-performance is very important, but when every other aspect about the player is a huge red flag, I will take a pass.

Did you guys watch the rose bowl?

Lendale White was the best player (for either team) that day.

And he was playing at 250+lbs, and still dominated whether it be breaking tackles or running past linebackers.

He has dropped a good 10lbs since the rosebowl, working out with Pennington in Orlando etc etc. The guy is a beast of a running back, and at this point in their careers, LenDale White is much quicker and faster than Jamal Lewis, runs with more power too.

LenDale is 6'1 and should probably play at 240, he's very much like Larry Johnson.

He'd be an great pick at 29, but I dont see him slipping that far. He's just way too good of a player for that. And if he has a work ethic problem, who better to be his teacher than Curtis Martin, who btw really likes LenDale.

Lendale White weighed 260 lbs and, outside of that bad 4th and 1 play, he had an excellent Rose Bowl. Obviously the weight doesn't negatively affect his game - if anything it helps him. He would be the steal of the draft if we got him at #29.

Curtis Martin thinks White is going to be great in the nfl, but hey, what does Curtis Martin know about being an nfl running back?

EB, do you not think Ron Dayne, Curtis Ennis, and Tyrone Wheatley were damn good in college?

Of course they were. On field-performance is very important, but when every other aspect about the player is a huge red flag, I will take a pass.

I'll only comment on Dayne as I never saw the others play.

Dayne never had the speed, agility and burst LenDale white has shown.

Cmon troll, I remember you used to like LenDale White, what happened?

I'll only comment on Dayne as I never saw the others play.

Dayne never had the speed, agility and burst LenDale white has shown.

Cmon troll, I remember you used to like LenDale White, what happened?

I liked White until he showed up at the combine overweight. After that, I said for a while that his pro day would be HUGE for him. And, of course, said pro day was worse than anyone could ever imagine.

THAT is why I no longer like LenDale White. I don't care what he did on the field in COLLEGE. If he comes into the pros with this lazy attitude, he will be out of the league in five years. A guy with White's talent and Curtis Martin's work ethic would be a top ten pick. A guy with White's talent that has the work ethic of Tonui Fonoti, let someone else waste a pick on him.

And give up a couple guaranteed million in the process?

Are you really sure you passed the Series 7?

:eek:

But it could get him into a better situation. Look at Lamont Jordan - I thinked getting picked later worked out well for him.

You guys are acting like someone's work ethic can't be worked on. Its ridiculous. He himself has said that its the #1 thing he has to work on. If we are lucky enough to draft this guy at #29, he is going to come into camp and will be shown what hard work really is. He's going to work out with Curtis, its going to become habit, and its going to pay off.

You guys are acting like someone's work ethic can't be worked on. Its ridiculous. He himself has said that its the #1 thing he has to work on. If we are lucky enough to draft this guy at #29, he is going to come into camp and will be shown what hard work really is. He's going to work out with Curtis, its going to become habit, and its going to pay off.

You're forgetting that half the people on this site live in a dream world where the Jets are better off stocking up on linemen they have never seen play but not a guy who averaged 1000 yds and 17 td's a season in college.

Who needs this?

Or_Bowl2.jpg

When we already have this as our future RB -

6vike122103w.l.jpg

You're forgetting that half the people on this site live in a dream world where the Jets are better off stocking up on linemen they have never seen play but not a guy who averaged 1000 yds and 17 td's a season in college.

MY WORSE NIGHTMARE?

#21 Overall - New England Patriots Select, RB LenDale White

And then the Patriots spend the next however many years laughing at all of the suckers who made that heist possible ... and that kid steamrolls the Jets ala Willis McGahee

I can't think of a more depressing scenario on draft day

i have no problem with taking landale at 29 but for me it all depends on (and this is a bold statement) who else is there at the time. id much rather have someone like mangold or deuce lutui at that spot than a gamble like lendale. plus how big of a need is rb for us versus o line for THIS year? we do have curtis who can run for 1000 and those other two muppets should be good for 500 each. plus id rather take an elite rb next year after our (hopefully young) line has a year to develop and gel. seems this would be the safer way to go.

TX, you think Belly woud draft Lendale knowing what he knows about his work ethic and needing a bra and all that??? Seriously.

He traded for Corey Dillon, didn't he?

You just can't over look White's production on the football field.

Alot of 22 year old kids make mistakes (getting arrested, guns, etc), White made one by showing up at Pro Day the way he did.

Hopefully, he learned from it.

He traded for Corey Dillon, didn't he?

You just can't over look White's production on the football field.

Alot of 22 year old kids make mistakes (getting arrested, guns, etc), White made one by showing up at Pro Day the way he did.

Hopefully, he learned from it.

Fast forward to draft day after the Jets take White at #29

PatsFanTx: What a bunch of dumbasses, picking a RB with bigger knockers than Dolly Parton. This is why the Jets are the laughingstock of the NFL.

Fast forward to draft day after the Jets take White at #29

PatsFanTx: What a bunch of dumbasses, picking a RB with bigger knockers than Dolly Parton. This is why the Jets are the laughingstock of the NFL.

I can just imagine. We'll have an offense that consists of Noodle Arm and Man-t!ts.

Let me offer one piece of advice to you casual and/or neophyte draftniks who buy into the media hysteria about every sore hammy, every missed forty, and every five pounds gained, cause this is not my first rodeo

If LenDale White slides to 29, you run that pick to the podium while wearing a mask and carrying a gun

absolutely correct!

Archived