Has the best hands of any TE on the team

hmhertz

Uzomah has been a bust as a Jet.  He needs to be the 3rd string TE at best.  Ruckert needs a much bigger role.  I think I heard that Ruckert only had a handful of snaps (under 10) against Dallas too.  If that's true, I can't imagine what Hackett was thinking.  Our best TE blocker and we don't play him against Dallas' devastating pass rush?!

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

Backup QB syndrome.  Guy had like 2 targets last season and one was a blatant drop.  I really like him, but the idea that he is head and shoulders better than the others is a joke.  

From a pure blocking perspective, he is better than any TE we currently have on the roster.  Uzomah hasn't caught a ball all season so what are we losing by giving his snaps to Ruckert?

• Upvote 1

There's a disconnect on the OL and a disconnect between the QB and OC. I'm guessing a lot of packages were cut out of the playbook and others were simplified once Rodgers went down. When the offense can't stay on the field and has no fluidity, you can't really expect anyone to be utilized efficiently but I agree he should be on the field more and get some targets.

15 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Backup QB syndrome.  Guy had like 2 targets last season and one was a blatant drop.  I really like him, but the idea that he is head and shoulders better than the others is a joke.  

Definitely this. He became a random darling around here in the offseason before camp even started, so was based on hope, and then got the most action of them all in preseason, but really did nothing with it. We heard the same narrative about Mims for years and yet now he's out of the league.

CJ is useless so I'd be more than fine Ruckert jumping up ahead of him, but he still hasn't shown much of anything as a receiver.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

He had a career at Ohio State where he showed superlative hands in clutch situations.

I've seen Fatso's free agent TEs drop multiple passes as a Jet, hands down Ruck is

a better receiver. If you don't watch college foot ball, which apparently you don't

check the reports on JR

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, hmhertz said:

besides being a great blocker.

Why isn't Jeremy Ruckert our most used TE?

Coaches love veterans.  More than they should.

Cook, Cobb, Uzomah, Conklin, likely none of them should see the field again this season, we have superior, younger, long-term-pieces, Izzy, Gipson, Ruckert, maybe even Kunt, but more likely Yeboah, who should be getting those reps, now that Rodgers is gone.

Same for the O-line.  Dump the old ass Vets underperforming, let the kids play.  Worst they can do is suck equally to the Vets already sucking.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Coaches love veterans.  More than they should.

Cook, Cobb, Uzomah, Conklin, likely none of them should see the field again this season, we have superior, younger, long-term-pieces, Izzy, Gipson, Ruckert, maybe even Kunt, but more likely Yeboah, who should be getting those reps, now that Rodgers is gone.

Same for the O-line.  Dump the old ass Vets underperforming, let the kids play.  Worst they can do is suck equally to the Vets already sucking.

I think the touchy-feely coaches are more likely to stick with a veteran, even to a fault, and give them longer leashes to turn themselves around. The stricter disciplinarians (read: douchebags) are less likely to gaf if the older guy is insulted one bit. Or anyway, that's how it's handled at least until it's accepted the season's already over despite a month or two left to play.

Agree he'd be behind Yeboah this whole season at a minimum, but still you get points for typing Kunt and submitting your reply. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Honestly, Ruckert looks slow and he looks like he cannot separate to save his life. I know that's not extremely important for a TE but if LBs have no issue keeping up with you, you're not going to get a lot of targets. I don't care how soft your hands are. He is a good blocker though and that will keep him on the team long enough to carve out a role. Probably as a red zone target. But the guy needs to learn how to get open- in the NFL, not college. 

Oh and he also has two consummate pros ahead of him on the depth chart. 

56 minutes ago, hmhertz said:

He had a career at Ohio State where he showed superlative hands in clutch situations.

I've seen Fatso's free agent TEs drop multiple passes as a Jet, hands down Ruck is

a better receiver. If you don't watch college foot ball, which apparently you don't

check the reports on JR

An NFL player was good in college?  Alert the media!  I'm sure that you don't know any more about Ruckert than I do.  Let him earn his snaps. Don't give me this bullsh*t that he automatically should be handed a job because you liked him in college. 

PS: Conklin was considerably more prolific in college.  

2 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

An NFL player was good in college?  Alert the media!  I'm sure that you don't know any more about Ruckert than I do.  Let him earn his snaps. Don't give me this bullsh*t that he automatically should be handed a job because you liked him in college. 

PS: Conklin was considerably more prolific in college.  

Conklin made his catches on a big time MAC program, Ruckert came up with Clutch

grabs on a team fighting  for a National Championship

• Upvote 1

I started this thread by saying Ruck had the best hands of any TE on our team.

Here's his stats  at one of the biggest programs in the country 71 targets

1 drop 12 TDs.  I wanted to draft both Ruckert &  Furguson in the 21 draft.

Would have been interesting to see how Jeremy would be performing

on a Dallas team that knows how to develop and use TEs