I can't wait for Sunday nights thread...

7 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

The boards attitude towards the team is a reflection of the team’s play on the field. We wouldn’t be whining if the Jets showed us they were actually good.

The optimism of the fans was sky high in the offseason. Then Rodgers got hurt and we saw Zach play. The poor play came first.

I still say the Dallas game wasn't ZW's fault.   I've seen a bunch of media figures (both professional and amateur) agree with that statement too. 

Though that has no relevance on what happens against the Pats on Sunday.  I'm hoping ZW can prove everyone wrong but I have Belichick PTSD.

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I still say the Dallas game wasn't ZW's fault.   I've seen a bunch of media figures (both professional and amateur) agree with that statement too. 

Though that has no relevance on what happens against the Pats on Sunday.  I'm hoping ZW can prove everyone wrong but I have Belichick PTSD.

That game was instructive as it proved the defense, the coaching and the rest of the team suck as much as Zach does. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

37 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

When is Zach going to win a game for the team?  All he's done is either lose games on his own or just hop on for the ride when the rest of the team wins one for him.  

It's easy to play the blame game and point a lot of fingers whenever there's a loss.  But the "its a team game" argument goes out the window when we win.  In those instances "Zach is 5-2!!!"  And it simply has never been true.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

When is Zach going to win a game for the team?  All he's done is either lose games on his own or just hop on for the ride when the rest of the team wins one for him.  

It's easy to play the blame game and point a lot of fingers whenever there's a loss.  But the "its a team game" argument goes out the window when we win.  In those instances "Zach is 5-2!!!"  And it simply has never been true.

The Pittsburgh game last year is the only one that I can think of so far that might qualify.  And he played poorly for 3 quarters in that game, IIRC.

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He definitely WON the Pittsburgh game. He outplayed Rodgers in the 4th quarter last year. He won the TEN game. He has 4 game winning drives so it is not zero

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The Pittsburgh game last year is the only one that I can think of so far that might qualify.  And he played poorly for 3 quarters in that game, IIRC.

Exactly.  So, no, it doesn't qualify.  

He's never been a top-5 reason the Jets have won a game in his career to date.  Sanchez, Geno and Darnold all had games like that at least once.

• WTF? 1
  • More Ugh 1

47 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

The boards attitude towards the team is a reflection of the team’s play on the field. We wouldn’t be whining if the Jets showed us they were actually good.

The optimism of the fans was sky high in the offseason. Then Rodgers got hurt and we saw Zach play. The poor play came first.

In one six day period, we went from the '86 Bears defense and Aaron Rodgers to an unbearable defense and a QB who should be 86'ed.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, JohnnyLV said:

Andrew Luck and Dak Prescott have made a living off of it.

They've all had numerous games where they were a top-5 reason they won a game for a team.

Zach hasn't.  Maybe I'll give him the Titans game even though the defense recorded 7 sacks in that one AND Zach had an INT and a fumble (recovered by the offense).  

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, JohnnyLV said:

And why does previous Zach matter that much, Lawrence sucked until he got better coaching. Let's see how he does Sunday. It will be a huge indicator

Because previous Zach isn't much different from current Zach.  He just had a game with 3 INT's and four 3-and-outs, dude.  This supposed "improvement" he's making isn't moving the needle.  And it was completely unsustainable circumstances that won us the Bills game as well.  Same as usual.

If he looks the same against the Pats he always has I don't want to hear about this "improved Zach" ever again.  

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Exactly.  So, no, it doesn't qualify.  

He's never been a top-5 reason the Jets have won a game in his career to date.  Sanchez, Geno and Darnold all had games like that at least once.

Is ZW looked at as the savior anymore though?  I think there are people (myself included) who are hoping against hope that he can figure things out.

And while ZW is our current QB1, we all know that JD can pull the plug at any time by signing a guy like Wentz.

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

Is ZW looked at as the savior anymore though?  I think there are people (myself included) who are hoping against hope that he can figure things out.  While ZW is our current QB1, we all know that JD can pull the plug at any time by signing a guy like Wentz.

He should have pulled the plug over the f**king summer.  Zach should have been the QB3 from the jump.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1