The Puzzling Moves of Joe Douglas 23

kevinc855

As we look at this roster and its development, it is without a doubt a mixed bag over the last 4 years. But this year was the most puzzling. I point out 5 troubling moves. 

1) Sign Mecole Hardman for six million to replace Berrios then do not use him.

2) Draft an edge at 15 in a position of depth and keep him inactive 

3) Bring back a clearly hurt, old, and completely washed up Brown at one of the most critical positions on the line.

4) Keep ZW as primary backup to a 39 year old Rodgers knowing he cant play as evidence the last 2 years.

5) Depth at Oline is complete trash. 

6) Dalvin Cook signing? This is very very TBD

These 5 points are why the team is in trouble today. Many of us screamed about them (O line and backup QB) all offseason but neither seem to be addressed. Yes, he brought in Garret Wilson and Sauce but you have to look past this and question the complete body of work. 

• Upvote 1

As we look at this roster and its development, it is without a doubt a mixed bag over the last 4 years. But this year was the most puzzling. I point out 5 troubling moves. 
3) Bring back a clearly hurt, old, and completely washed up Brown at one of the most critical positions on the line.
4) Keep ZW as primary backup to a 39 year old Rodgers knowing he cant play as evidence the last 2 years.
These 5 points are why the team is in trouble today. Many of us screamed about them (O line and backup QB) all offseason but neither seem to be addressed. Yes, he brought in Garret Wilson and Sauce but you have to look past this and question the complete body of work. 

These are all fair and correct points. I still don’t want to fire him but I don’t like it.
  • Upvote 1

Very good points. For 1, 2, and 6 I'm willing to let them play out more. For 1, you have Zach as qb and for that reason the WRs will be limited in what they can do if they can't get the ball. For 2, I mean, it's only 2 games let's wait and see. For 6, I think the Cook being bad talk is a bit overblown. He was one of the better players for us in week 1. Bit of a dud in week 2 but cmon that entire game was a big joke for the O. 

Most egregious is the QB and oline. I don't need to expand on how bad that's been during his tenure. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Since you couldn’t keep it to five I’ll add keeping Tomlinson and moving his cap hit to 2024 instead of considering upgrading at LG.

9 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Oh you don't think it is because Aaron Rodgers got injured for the season on snap 4 hmmm. That is an interesting take

46 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

JD’s grand plan for success is falling apart like a house of cards, and the collapse started when he decided the Jets were one 39-year-old QB away from being a Super Bowl contender. 

Building a champion ship roster doesn't seem like a bad move. You either lucky at QB or you don't. Sadly