Jump to content

Robert Saleh Press Conference


Smashmouth

Recommended Posts

We were very happy with Zach's resolve 

I think he played a hell of a game protecting the football giving us a chance to win with a hailmary at the end. I mean that was like the 3rd time in his career he actually sustained a drive and scored

What a job by Becton stepping in for Duane Brown.

Anyone still care to question what I saw in preseason with Becton ? vs real pass rushers that are not off the street he once again got exposed .

laugh.gif

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

Are JD and Saleh really willing to die on the Zach Wilson hill?

 

seems impossible - but here we are 

We all knew deep down what was coming when Rodgers got hurt . We heard it yet again from the Jets and Robert Saleh how they had faith in Wilson and he was turning the corner . I'm not sure this decision is coming from Saleh and he's in a really bad situation . if we don't get a QB soon this season will be over

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

We all knew deep down what was coming when Rodgers got hurt . We heard it yet again from the Jets and Robert Saleh how they had faith in Wilson and he was turning the corner . I'm not sure this decision is coming from Saleh and he's in a really bad situation . if we don't get a QB soon this season will be over

I think it’s probably already over - looking at the schedule, this was a huge swing game for a variety of reasons 

which is why it was crazy to not bring someone else in right away who could at least compete with Wilson and replace him when he inevitably crapped the bed. It was always going to take a new QB more than one week to really be ready to start, so not bringing a guy in on the day after the Rodgers injury was a decisive mistake 

Maybe Saleh and JD have a get out to jail free card from Woody because of the Rodgers injury, but Mangini supposedly had the same thing from Woody when they twisted his arm into trading for Favre. It didn’t stop Woody from firing him when things went south and the perception was that Mangini choked the season away. Woody listens to the noise.

 

IMO, JD and Saleh will get fired if they die on the Wilson hill. They already basically blew it 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

I think it’s probably already over - looking at the schedule, this was a huge swing game for a variety of reasons 

which is why it was crazy to not bring someone else in right away who could at least compete with Wilson and replace him when he inevitably crapped the bed. It was always going to take a new QB more than one week to really be ready to start, so not bringing a guy in on the day after the Rodgers injury was a decisive mistake 

Maybe Saleh and JD have a get out to jail free card from Woody because of the Rodgers injury, but Mangini supposedly had the same thing from Woody when they twisted his arm into trading for Favre. It didn’t stop Woody from hiring him when things went south and the perception was that Mangini choked the season away. Woody listens to the noise.

 

IMO, JD and Saleh will get fired if they die on the Wilson hill. They already basically blew it 

JD does a lot of very good things then he makes a Huge Mistake with White and by not replacing Rodgers ...Its maddening .

Saleh seemed to do just fine when White was lighting it up before getting 5 broken ribs. 

Mike Lefluer was the scape goat and it was all on Zach I think Rodgers would have come here with Lefleur at OC I think the Jets hired Hackett to potentially seal the deal in their minds but I think Rodgers would have come anyway TBH. The Jets Hired Hackett before they were even given permission to talk to Rodgers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

JD does a lot of very good things then he makes a Huge Mistake with White and by not replacing Rodgers ...Its maddening .

Saleh seemed to do just fine when White was lighting it up before getting 5 broken ribs. 

Mike Lefluer was the scape goat and it was all on Zach I think Rodgers would have come here with Lefleur at OC I think the Jets hired Hackett to potentially seal the deal in their minds but I think Rodgers would have come anyway TBH. The Jets Hired Hackett before they were even given permission to talk to Rodgers

My sense is they hired Hackett because they thought that definitely tipped the scales in favor of Rodgers coming here and they were right. They are paying the price for going all in on Rodgers with no viable backup. And they deserve it.

it’s sad because I think the team would have been solid with good QB play and a little luck in one score games. 

but the worst case scenario happened and didn’t prepare for that 

it is what it is 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I think it’s probably already over - looking at the schedule, this was a huge swing game for a variety of reasons 

which is why it was crazy to not bring someone else in right away who could at least compete with Wilson and replace him when he inevitably crapped the bed. It was always going to take a new QB more than one week to really be ready to start, so not bringing a guy in on the day after the Rodgers injury was a decisive mistake 

Maybe Saleh and JD have a get out to jail free card from Woody because of the Rodgers injury, but Mangini supposedly had the same thing from Woody when they twisted his arm into trading for Favre. It didn’t stop Woody from firing him when things went south and the perception was that Mangini choked the season away. Woody listens to the noise.

 

IMO, JD and Saleh will get fired if they die on the Wilson hill. They already basically blew it 

woody is really gonna listen as the ticket prices continue to tank and the team is roasted again and again by the analysts on prime time tv

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

JD does a lot of very good things then he makes a Huge Mistake with White and by not replacing Rodgers ...Its maddening .

Saleh seemed to do just fine when White was lighting it up before getting 5 broken ribs. 

Mike Lefluer was the scape goat and it was all on Zach I think Rodgers would have come here with Lefleur at OC I think the Jets hired Hackett to potentially seal the deal in their minds but I think Rodgers would have come anyway TBH. The Jets Hired Hackett before they were even given permission to talk to Rodgers

mike white isn't all that great either. better than zach, sure. but mike white sucks also

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I think it’s probably already over - looking at the schedule, this was a huge swing game for a variety of reasons 

which is why it was crazy to not bring someone else in right away who could at least compete with Wilson and replace him when he inevitably crapped the bed. It was always going to take a new QB more than one week to really be ready to start, so not bringing a guy in on the day after the Rodgers injury was a decisive mistake 

Maybe Saleh and JD have a get out to jail free card from Woody because of the Rodgers injury, but Mangini supposedly had the same thing from Woody when they twisted his arm into trading for Favre. It didn’t stop Woody from firing him when things went south and the perception was that Mangini choked the season away. Woody listens to the noise.

 

IMO, JD and Saleh will get fired if they die on the Wilson hill. They already basically blew it 

Boomer who’s literally had a inside ear down at OJD said last week “if things so south and you know how the fans are, Woody will listen to the noise”

the ball bastard and fat man days are numbered 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

We were very happy with Zach's resolve 

I think he played a hell of a game protecting the football giving us a chance to win with a hailmary at the end. I mean that was like the 3rd time in his career he actually sustained a drive and scored

What a job by Becton stepping in for Duane Brown.

Anyone still care to question what I saw in preseason with Becton ? vs real pass rushers that are not off the street he once again got exposed .

laugh.gif

 

 

I get the positive spin, but this isnt Adam gass he knows Zach sucked. If they let Zach start next week we literally are going to have our 🧠 s explode

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Are JD and Saleh really willing to die on the Zach Wilson hill?

 

seems impossible - but here we are 

I simply don't understand the loyalty at this point. This is great if it's a middle school team, not so much in professional football with a championship defense. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...