Let's face facts...

This team was vastly overrated. Even if Rodgers didn't get hurt.

Zach is terrible, yes. No doubt about that. But there are holes everywhere on this team.

The OL can't block. Period. There were no holes open yesterday and while the pass protection was marginally better, there was still lots of pressure. While lots of people want to blame Becton, it looked to me like the AVT was getting beat like a drum.

Even if there were holes, the RBs all look slow to me. Breece hasn't fully recovered yet, I think that's clear. Cook is done, and Carter is just another guy at this stage.

The biggest problem to me is that they have no one to stretch the field. Garrett is a great WR, but no one is worried about him running by a DB. Without the burner, the safeties can play within 10-12 yards of the LOS, jamming everything up. IMHO, if you're not going to play Hardeman, release him (with Cobb right behind him) and start playing Gipson or anyone else with some breakaway speed.

The defense is good, but I still don't see any consistent pressure on the passer. Moseley and Quincy have been good at LB, the rest of them are meh.  I would say that Will McDonald looks like a bust, but I can't since he never plays. Corners are good (even if Sauce doesn't tackle enough) and safeties are ho-hum at best.

Let's not be totally negative. The special teams have been fabulous.

As for coaching.... has there been any?  I have been behind Saleh, but I am not seeing any improvement in these players. Hackett is awful. There are never any changes or adjustments during the game.  Same for JD. The previous draft was fabulous, but this last one looks like a total zero so far. And we don't even have to discuss his FAs... brutal.

Please no more about Wentz or Ryan. Ryan looked like he was 80 years old last year and Wentz is not any better than Zach.

There are no quick fixes here. I can't see them winning more than 3-4 games and that might get everyone fired. Without a miracle punt return and a tremendous outlier game from Whitehead, they would be winless with no light at the end of the tunnel. As it is, it's pretty damn bleak, IMHO

• Sympathy 1
  • More Ugh 1

4 minutes ago, NorthCoastJetsFan said:

This team was vastly overrated. Even if Rodgers didn't get hurt.

Zach is terrible, yes. No doubt about that. But there are holes everywhere on this team.

The OL can't block. Period. There were no holes open yesterday and while the pass protection was marginally better, there was still lots of pressure. While lots of people want to blame Becton, it looked to me like the AVT was getting beat like a drum.

Even if there were holes, the RBs all look slow to me. Breece hasn't fully recovered yet, I think that's clear. Cook is done, and Carter is just another guy at this stage.

The biggest problem to me is that they have no one to stretch the field. Garrett is a great WR, but no one is worried about him running by a DB. Without the burner, the safeties can play within 10-12 yards of the LOS, jamming everything up. IMHO, if you're not going to play Hardeman, release him (with Cobb right behind him) and start playing Gipson or anyone else with some breakaway speed.

The defense is good, but I still don't see any consistent pressure on the passer. Moseley and Quincy have been good at LB, the rest of them are meh.  I would say that Will McDonald looks like a bust, but I can't since he never plays. Corners are good (even if Sauce doesn't tackle enough) and safeties are ho-hum at best.

Let's not be totally negative. The special teams have been fabulous.

As for coaching.... has there been any?  I have been behind Saleh, but I am not seeing any improvement in these players. Hackett is awful. There are never any changes or adjustments during the game.  Same for JD. The previous draft was fabulous, but this last one looks like a total zero so far. And we don't even have to discuss his FAs... brutal.

Please no more about Wentz or Ryan. Ryan looked like he was 80 years old last year and Wentz is not any better than Zach.

There are no quick fixes here. I can't see them winning more than 3-4 games and that might get everyone fired. Without a miracle punt return and a tremendous outlier game from Whitehead, they would be winless with no light at the end of the tunnel. As it is, it's pretty damn bleak, IMHO

It's the QB. Zach is so bad it totally changes how teams attack us. He holds the ball for too long, he turns around and runs backwards when blitzed, he doesn't check down on 1st -> 3rd down then does on 4th.

It's the QB.

100%

It's Zach Wilson.

We went from one of the best QBs to the absolute worst guy who shouldn't even be a backup.

It's the QB. It's Zach Wilson.

• Upvote 2

Couple of points to consider:

36 minutes ago, NorthCoastJetsFan said:

this is already the 3rd line change up we’ve seen. I actually thought the pass blocking was better than it has been at any point, but it seems to have come at the expense of the run blocking

I agree, Cook has lost a step. But he showed he can still run over guys at times. I think he needs fewer touches, and should be used more later in the game. Hall is fine. But it seems that when he’s in, everybody and their brother know the ball is going to him. The Jets NEED to find a way make teams pay for stacking the box

GW has plays where he was one on one with a safety and virtually no safety coverage over the top. He needs to win that one on one and Zach needs to put the ball where he can catch it. Yesterday was the first time I truly missed Corey Davis. I think that was a game he could have been extremely effective in. Instead Wilson had to rely on Tyler Conklin, who is slow and can’t run people over any more.

Also, why did the Jets receivers have trouble catching the ball yesterday? I didn’t see the Pats having the same issues. There were at least 2-3 throws that went right through the hands of receivers who were open. I get that the conditions were bad, but if they were that bad both teams should have had the same issues

How many times did the Jets rush more than 4? But it seems like when they did Mac Jones turned into the real Mac Jones and make horrible passes. The Jets have a good secondary and linebackers who aren’t terrible at defending the pass. When are the coaches going to trust their pass coverage and send extra pass rushers. I think Rex Ryan needs to sit down and have a heart to heart with Ulbrich

Also in every game there were opportunities for interceptions. The Jets defenders need to practice catching for a day with the WRs