Theory on why Zach

Integrity28

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I cannot process any of the logic around this team right now.

Saleh was clearly overridden last year when he wanted to go to MW. White had horrible luck with injuries and was run out of town. They made fools of themselves with Rodgers, but it was the ONLY real play they could make that would make benching Zach acceptable. Now, here we are again, Zach or die trying.

To me, this feels like a Woody thing. Not sure if Woody insisted they draft Zach, but given the JetBlue angle and Woody being a beta bitch… I could easily see this being his mandate to win points in his gross social circle. The coach just putting Zach on the field as an “I told you so” makes way more sense than “we believe in him”. 

Might seem implausible to you all, but just remind yourselves that Woody was smarmy enough to make Belichik hate the Jets for eternity. 

alex-jones-tin-foil-hat.gif

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

To what end? 

How does Woody profit/gain from it, from being an embarrassment?

Seems more like some fans who like JD and/or Saleh just want to find a way to not blame then for this fiasco, honestly. 

House needs cleaned at year's end.  It's really that simple.

Woody plays in a political arena that we can’t even fathom as peasants. The football team is just a toy to him. I mean he had the players larping with Ukraine flags on yesterday. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

To what end? 

Seems more like some fans who like JD and/or Saleh just want to find a way to not blame then for this fiasco, honestly. 

Woody has always put impressing more important rich people over winning. 

Has nothing to do with making excuses. It’s just piecing together known factors to try making sense of the non-sensible.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Woody plays in a political arena that we can’t even fathom as peasants.

Politics isn't actually that hard if you have half a brain and don't think everything that happens is part of a massive conspiracy theory.....

The football team is just a toy to him.

True.  But there is no scenario where losing is more profitable or enjoyable than winning.

I mean he had the players larping with Ukraine flags on yesterday. 

Because he stands in support with Ukraine against the scum that runs Russia.

You a big Russia/Putin fan?  

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Politics isn't actually that hard if you have half a brain and don't think everything that happens is part of a massive conspiracy theory.....

True.  But there is no scenario where losing is more profitable or enjoyable than winning.

Because he stands in support with Ukraine against the scum that runs Russia.

You a big Russia/Putin fan?  

Good lord what a bizzare are post . Our fanbase deserves this.

I can't say with 100% certainty but I don't believe Woody is behind this.  He was 100% behind Rodgers taking over this team and I think he wants to win now.  There is really no real evidence for your theory.  

This is squarely on Joe Douglas for not having a back up plan at QB and on Saleh for not making a move to bench Zach during the game.  

• Upvote 2

Just now, Warfish said:

@ Mike Brown cc: Bengals for decades

Many owners in many sports have decidedly enjoyed the profits of losing with minimal investment vs. more profits of winning with maximum investment.

Being family wealth rich =/= good businessman. 

1 minute ago, BallinPB said:

I can't say with 100% certainty but I don't believe Woody is behind this.  He was 100% behind Rodgers taking over this team and I think he wants to win now.  There is really no real evidence for your theory.  

This is squarely on Joe Douglas for not having a back up plan at QB and on Saleh for not making a move to bench Zach during the game.  

All fair points.

I can see Woody already having told them that they get a pass this season. They all agree to stick with Zach. we fans know he’s not going to amount to anything, he’s gone after this year. and then they take a quarterback real high to sit behind Rodgers for a season maybe two. They could be tanking here is what I’m saying, and are fine with it.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

So why haven’t they brought in anyone yet?

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

How does losing impress people more than winning?

You’re not understanding what I’m saying. By impressing, I mean “impressing upon, showing favor to, pleasing”… an in, Zach is still the QB because Woody values favoring the JetBlue fam fam.

Has nothing to do with winning. It has to do with a low-influence rich dude constantly playing favors to those he wants in with. 

I 100% believe that Kraft had Trump boot Woody to the UK just to get a laugh at him. 

Just now, Matt39 said:

So why haven’t they brought in anyone yet?

Incompetence is the only thing I can think of.  Even if you wanted to stick with Zach to see if he improved, you still bring in a vet right away when Rodgers went down so I don't know what their play is here.  

Just now, BallinPB said:

Incompetence is the only thing I can think of.  Even if you wanted to stick with Zach to see if he improved, you still bring in a vet right away when Rodgers went down so I don't know what their play is here.  

Yeah. I can’t imagine pro level people are this incompetent. There’s no doubt to me that they have their hands tied, and the arrangement to keep Zach on as the backup was greenlit at the ownership level. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

@ Mike Brown cc: Bengals for decades

Many owners in many sports have decidedly enjoyed the profits of losing with minimal investment vs. more profits of winning with maximum investment.

Being family wealth rich =/= good businessman. 

------------------------------

You’re not understanding what I’m saying. By impressing, I mean “impressing upon, showing favor to, pleasing”… an in, Zach is still the QB because Woody values favoring the JetBlue fam fam.

Has nothing to do with winning. It has to do with a low-influence rich dude constantly playing favors to those he wants in with. 

I 100% believe that Kraft had Trump boot Woody to the UK just to get a laugh at him. 

I'll repeat, losing is neither more profitable, nor more impressive, than winning. 

Can some lazy/bad/cheap/poor owners still profit when they lose, absolutely.  The NFL is a printing press for money, just ask Dan Snyder.

But losing on purpose as you seemed to claim, in some kind of "it's better/more impressive than winning" situation?  Lol, no.

And I understand exactly what you're saying.  I expect this level of tin-foil-hattery from our usual resident mouth-breathing homers, not a truly smart guy like you Ape. 

There is no Jet Blue conspiracy here, or anything else. 

JD stuck with his guy Zach as the backup because he's prideful, can't admit he was wrong on his big pick, and is a bad GM.  He went for Rodgers at great risk hoping for great reward.  It failed (#4plays).  He failed to plan for it failing.  He failed to build a decent-enough O-line because he was too busy drafting more edges for Saleh.  Saleh, like most D-focused head coaches, sucks at O, sucks at making changes to the O, and lets his OCo run the O entirely.  And without Rodgers, Hackett is a pretty sh*t OCo over his career, who was only here to placate Rodgers, same as Cobb, Lazard, etc.  JD built this, no one else.  It's his to own.  

Conspiracy theories of pro-losing Owner cabals will not, and should not, save him.  There is no "losers conspiracy" here, just an incompetent GM and an incompetent Head Coach.   

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Saleh was clearly overridden last year when he wanted to go to MW. White had horrible luck with injuries and was run out of town. They made fools of themselves with Rodgers, but it was the ONLY real play they could make that would make benching Zach acceptable. Now, here we are again, Zach or die trying.

To me, this feels like a Woody thing. Not sure if Woody insisted they draft Zach, but given the JetBlue angle and Woody being a beta bitch… I could easily see this being his mandate to win points in his gross social circle. The coach just putting Zach on the field as an “I told you so” makes way more sense than “we believe in him”. 

Might seem implausible to you all, but just remind yourselves that Woody was smarmy enough to make Belichik hate the Jets for eternity. 

or they coudl just cut zach. or bench him or let boyle take over.

22 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

There has to be a connection to Zach still playing and his relationship to JetBlue...

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I'll repeat, losing is neither more profitable, nor more impressive, than winning. 

Can some lazy/bad/cheap/poor owners still profit when they lose, absolutely.  The NFL is a printing press for money, just ask Dan Snyder.

But losing on purpose as you seemed to claim, in some kind of "it's better/more impressive than winning" situation?  Lol, no.

I expect this level of tin-foil-hattery from our usual resident mouth-breathing homers, not a truly smart guy like you Ape. 

There is no Jet Blue conspiracy here, or anything else. 

JD stuck with his guy Zach as the backup because he's prideful, can't admit he was wrong on his big pick, and is a bad GM.  He went for Rodgers at great risk hoping for great reward.  It failed (#4plays).  He failed to plan for it failing.  He failed to build a decent-enough O-line because he was too busy drafting more edges for Saleh.  Saleh, like most D-focused head coaches, sucks at O, sucks at making changes to the O, and lets his OCo run the O entirely.  And without Rodgers, Hackett is a pretty sh*t OCo over his career, who was only here to placate Rodgers, same as Cobb, Lazard, etc.  JD built this, no one else.  It's his to own.  

Conspiracy theories of pro-losing Owner cabals will not, and should not, save him.  There is no "losers conspiracy" here, just an incompetent GM and an incompetent Head Coach.   

Your argument dies immediately when you pin it to profitability. The Jets, regardless of a legacy of failure, are one of the most valuable sports franchises in America. It is a purely pedestrian view to think the only thing the owners get out of it is profit. Profit happens regardless. For billionaires the real currency is influence. This is why Woody went to the UK, he thought it would garner him political influence.

Woody has a long history of trying to play the rich guy game + putting gaining influence over the team.

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, Warfish said:

To what end? 

you watch the games, we all do. Zach Wilson is the worst QB in the NFL again. do you think JD and Saleh dont see this? why keep going with Zach.? they cant be that stupid. it has to be Woody pushing this.

hell we wont even get a warm body for QB 3. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Your argument dies immediately when you pin it to profitability. The Jets, regardless of a legacy of failure, are one of the most valuable sports franchises in America. It is a purely pedestrian view to think the only thing the owners get out of it is profit. Profit happens regardless. For billionaires the real currency is influence. This is why Woody went to the UK, he thought it would garner him political influence.

Woody has a long history of trying to play the rich guy game + putting gaining influence over the team.

And your argument is typical modern-American tin foil idiocy of the most simplistic and ill informed kind.  

Fans hate Owners.  Especially incompetent owners like Woody, Snyder, etc. 

This is just that, translated through the lens of today's conspiracy-theory-obsessed culture.

JD and Saleh, the true causes, do not deserve such illogical and fantastical defense.

2 minutes ago, doitny said:

you watch the games, we all do. Zach Wilson is the worst QB in the NFL again. do you think JD and Saleh dont see this?

I think JD refused to accept it, absolutely.  I think JD thought he was golden because of Rodgers.  I think JD thought he could salvage "his pick" Zach, and the entire thing blew up in his face.  I think he was praying to whatever God he believes in that Zach would redeem that faith these past two weeks. 

All very normal stuff, nothing conspiratorial required, just bad decisions by a generally bad GM when the worst case (Rodgers, #4plays) come to happen.

why keep going with Zach.? they cant be that stupid.

Sure they can.  Bad NFL GM's do it all the time.

hell we wont even get a warm body for QB 3. 

We'll see.  I expect we absolutely will, after another week or so.

If I turn on the game and Zach Wilson is still the starting QB I will be finished with football for the year. Nothing can affect my general disposition more than the stupidity of this team. How any person, in their right mind can justify trotting out the worst QB in professional football week after week after week after week is beyond me. How every single person whether it's here or on X (Twitter)or in the comment sections on most of the Jets YouTube sites , can see the one biggest glaring weakness  but not the owner, the GM or especially not the head coach with all of his inane and unoriginal proverbial musings, is beyond my ability to comprehend. I'm at a loss-it has to be Woody Johnson and politics-nothing else makes any sense.

• Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Enough reading around about Zach’s background and family and you can piece together it goes way beyond a JetBlue sponsor.  

• Thumb Down 1
  • More Ugh 1

50 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

there is a rumor floating around that on the sidelines Saleh was reported by a source to be asking "higher ups" if he should be pulling Zach