The Jets Are Toast. Will You Adopt A Team ???

THE BARON

I'm used to the Jets being toast before October.  Nothing new this year.   To make the season interesting, I usually "adopt" a team.  I think this season I will be pulling for the Dolphins.  I like their HC and they are fun to watch.  

Any others in here have a favorite to follow now that the Jets 2023 flight has ditched in the toilet ???

• Thumb Down 6
  • Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

I'm used to the Jets being toast before October.  Nothing new this year.   To make the season interesting, I usually "adopt" a team.  I think this season I will be pulling for the Dolphins.  I like their HC and they are fun to watch.  

Any others in here have a favorite to follow now that the Jets 2023 flight has ditched in the toilet ???

Coach Bowels at Tampa, 2-0 start, keeping an eye on this story, 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Green Bay, young team, hungry. 

• Upvote 1

I'll always have a soft spot for the 49ers because my Mom grew up in the bay area, and I've visited family there my whole life. Absolutely love the city. Mom was a Raiders fan, but uh ya know they abandoned the area. So 49ers it is.

Shoutout to the Colts. Liked watching them a bit because I loved Manning and Luck. Also really like Richardson too so I might watch a bit.

Still gonna be watching the Jets more often though, even if we suck. I just find it amusing at this point. Plus it's something my Dad and I will always be able to talk about.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Grandy said:

I'll always have a soft spot for the 49ers because my Mom grew up in the bay area, and I've visited family there my whole life. Absolutely love the city. Mom was a Raiders fan, but uh....

Can you believe they draft Mr. Irrelevant and he winds up being a jackpot ???  The Jets take #2 overall and wind up with jacksh*t.  Smart GM in SF.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, THE BARON said:

Can you believe they draft Mr. Irrelevant and he winds up being a jackpot ???  The Jets take #2 overall and wind up with jacksh*t.  Smart GM in SF.  

The same GM in SF took Trey Lance one pick after we took ZW.  And reports were that they badly wanted ZW.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The same GM in SF took Trey Lance one pick after we took ZW.  And reports were that they badly wanted ZW.

True that.  Two things to consider.  The 9'ers were in a good spot to take a chance on a luxury pick with Lance.   And we cant be sure what they really thought of ZW.  Could have been a smoke screen.  Still have to acknowledge the sum of it all.   The 9'ers have a starting QB and the Jets have not sniffed anything approximating a starting QB since Chadwick. 

I never understood how someone can randomly decide to root for another team.  I am a Jet fan.  I always will be.  Another tough season coming up, but I am not quitting on my team. 

It doesn't hurt that I already have another team that plays on Saturday.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

32 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Pulling for the Dolphins?  That’s disgusting.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Lith said:

I never understood how someone can randomly decide to root for another team.  I am a Jet fan.  I always will be.  Another tough season coming up, but I am not quitting on my team. 

It doesn't hurt that I already have another team that plays on Saturday.

I'm still a Jets fan.  I remember when Kurt Warner was with the Cardinals.  I loved that team.  Was pulling hard for them in the playoffs.   It's not unusual for fans to like other teams.  Think if it this way.  If the souffle falls, there's always the second course.  No need to leave the dinner table. 

13 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

True that.  Two things to consider.  The 9'ers were in a good spot to take a chance on a luxury pick with Lance.   And we cant be sure what they really thought of ZW.  Could have been a smoke screen.  Still have to acknowledge the sum of it all.   The 9'ers have a starting QB and the Jets have not sniffed anything approximating a starting QB since Chadwick. 

The 49'ers traded 3 #1's to get Trey Lance too, btw.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I mean, they got lucky with Mr. Irrelevant.

and the jags got lucky that the jets handed them trevor lawrence. and the eagles got lucky when they drafted tanner mckee who the jets had a chance to draft in round 4 or 5.  If the Jets drafted him he could be a starter.  at the very least, a world better than dennis the menace 

9 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

I'm still a Jets fan.  I remember when Kurt Warner was with the Cardinals.  I loved that team.  Was pulling hard for them in the playoffs.   It's not unusual for fans to like other teams.  Think if it this way.  If the souffle falls, there's always the second course.  No need to leave the dinner table. 

I watch other games.  There are some teams I like more than others, and will root for in individual games, but I don't actively root for any other team over the course of a season.

• Upvote 4