Jump to content

Rapid descent: from 6 to 19 in just 3 weeks


Bronx

Recommended Posts

Preseason

6. NEW YORK JETS

  • Biggest impact player from the draft: EDGE Will McDonald IV
  • Pre-Draft Ranking: 17

The Jets made major moves this offseason, signing quarterback Aaron Rodgers and constructing a new-look receiving corps that includes Randall Cobb, Allen Lazard and Mecole Hardman. They also signed Billy Turner and drafted Carter Warren and Joe Tippmann for offensive line depth to protect their new quarterback.

Current

19
8
 

New York Jets

Two humbling outings have washed away any thoughts that Zach Wilson could pick up where he left off in Week 1, when he put forth a semi-encouraging performance following Aaron Rodgers' Achilles tear. There were a lot of plays from Sunday's loss to New England that Wilson would absolutely want back. But I also came away from that game thinking the Jets almost outsmarted themselves by being too cautious until it was too late. Yes, it's tough to trust Wilson and that offensive line to a significant degree going forward. But what do the Jets have to lose, except games? They're already down their starting quarterback, and they're 1-2. Fortune favors the bold, and New York can't keep trying not to get beaten.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Bronx said:

There were a lot of plays from Sunday's loss to New England that Wilson would absolutely want back. But I also came away from that game thinking the Jets almost outsmarted themselves by being too cautious until it was too late. Yes, it's tough to trust Wilson and that offensive line to a significant degree going forward. But what do the Jets have to lose, except games

Season 9 Idk GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Yeah, the claim that Wilson is “over-coached” is silly in that he hasn’t shown any capacity whatsoever to diagnose what’s coming at him on defense and work through progressions, so the natural response is to “simplify” the offense by limiting his options and telling where to throw it on any given play. Ironically, these media and fan boneheads calling for Hackett to run the two minute all the time, that’s exactly what happens in the two minute—your reads are all predetermined.

The play where Zach throws the late crosser to G. Wilson who was uncovered when he started his break, is indicative of why there is no tailor made offense for Zach Wilson.  He cant see the easiest reads on the field.  This was too his strong side, his best player, wide ass open immediately, directly in front of his face, so the "first read" narrative is even inaccurate.  And there are all these other narratives about how's he's good in certain scenarios.  Nope.  He's not.  It's all bad.  1st down?  2 minutes?  2.5 seconds?   Nope.  Bad, bad, bad.

  Passing Rushing
Split Value Cmp Att Inc Cmp% Yds TD 1D Int Rate Sk Yds Y/A AY/A Att Yds Y/A TD 1D
Down & Yards to Go 1st & 10 18 30 12 60.00 223 1 7 2 66.4 3 -24 7.4 5.10 5 31 6.2 0 2
  Trailing, < 2 min to go 2 7 5 28.57 31 0 1 0 45.5 0 0 4.4 4.43 0 0   0 0
  Trailing, < 4 min to go 4 14 10 28.57 47 0 2 1 11.3 1 -5 3.4 .14 0 0   0 0
Time in Pocket < 2.5 seconds 24 39 15 61.54 254 2 11 0 97.6 0 0 6.5 7.54 0 0   0 0

 

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Gibby said:

Number will start with a 3 real soon and will most definitely finish the season last. I foresee an absolute train wreck coming and the number 1 overall pick.

I think I’d sign up for the number 1 pick right now. It’d be nice to end the playoff drought, but I don’t think this team is good enough or has the right leadership.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, GangGreened said:

I think I’d sign up for the number 1 pick right now. It’d be nice to end the playoff drought, but I don’t think this team is good enough or has the right leadership.

I think this team doesn't have the right leadership. I see nothing but sheep in wolf clothing. Outside of Aaron, there is no accountability. Remove Zach from the equation and what do you have, talented individuals that don't know how to win. That's why losing Aaron was so detrimental. 

This team lost its big toe, or its Uncle Hulka. They are floundering, and there isn't a single person on this team that can right this ship. Someone has to step up. I doubt if someone will.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Gibby said:

Number will start with a 3 real soon and will most definitely finish the season last. I foresee an absolute train wreck coming and the number 1 overall pick.

The real trainwreck will be when we win a game we shouldn't like the Rams in 2020 and the smoothbrained portion of the fanbase will jump for joy over a meaningless victory knocking us down to the 3-5th pick 

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

I wanted to punch my screen watching him throw the check down there. Part of me thinks he wanted to end the game with no turnovers 🤷‍♂️

Thats exactly the case...even saleh said, hey he played a clean game, no turnovers.  The no turnovers masks the fact that he lost us the game through his play, regardless of whether or not he threw it to the wrong team or put the ball on the ground.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here is how Zach should be coached for the short time left he has as a QB playing for the Jets in actual games. Every coach, at any time, any place, regardless of situation should scream in his face, Gunny Hartman style,  

 

"JUST THROW IT TO GARRETT WILSON!!""

 

That's it. Nothing else. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Darnold&#x27;s Forehead said:

He’s come a long way.  Did you see that run audible he called to the right side into 4 Patriots at the line that got Breece stuffed for a 4 yard loss?

He’s learning to diagnose the defense.

Did you see that Breece liked a tweet asking what the eff Wilson was doing on that play? These poor bastards are going to black bag Wilson soon.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, JiF said:

The play where Zach throws the late crosser to G. Wilson who was uncovered when he started his break, is indicative of why there is no tailor made offense for Zach Wilson.  He cant see the easiest reads on the field.  This was too his strong side, his best player, wide ass open immediately, directly in front of his face, so the "first read" narrative is even inaccurate.  And there are all these other narratives about how's he's good in certain scenarios.  Nope.  He's not.  It's all bad.  1st down?  2 minutes?  2.5 seconds?   Nope.  Bad, bad, bad.

  Passing Rushing
Split Value Cmp Att Inc Cmp% Yds TD 1D Int Rate Sk Yds Y/A AY/A Att Yds Y/A TD 1D
Down & Yards to Go 1st & 10 18 30 12 60.00 223 1 7 2 66.4 3 -24 7.4 5.10 5 31 6.2 0 2
  Trailing, < 2 min to go 2 7 5 28.57 31 0 1 0 45.5 0 0 4.4 4.43 0 0   0 0
  Trailing, < 4 min to go 4 14 10 28.57 47 0 2 1 11.3 1 -5 3.4 .14 0 0   0 0
Time in Pocket < 2.5 seconds 24 39 15 61.54 254 2 11 0 97.6 0 0 6.5 7.54 0 0   0 0

 

If you wanted to cook up a defense of Zach Wilson, you could say that Hackett and co spent all summer installing an offense that could only operate with a PhD level QB mind at the controls, and Zach obviously can’t do that, he can’t make high-level sight adjustments, can’t make the protection calls that Rodgers can, and can’t deduce who’s going to be open off the snap of the ball, so he never stood a chance in this specific template. And they had to know that would be the case because Zach Wilson spent all preseason completing passes at a puny six-ish YPA, which would drop even further if you exclude the 54-yarder to Malik Taylor that Rodgers explicitly told him to throw.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Biggest impact player from the draft: EDGE Will McDonald IV
  • Pre-Draft Ranking: 17

The Jets made major moves this offseason, signing quarterback Aaron Rodgers and constructing a new-look receiving corps that includes Randall Cobb, Allen Lazard and Mecole Hardman. They also signed Billy Turner and drafted Carter Warren and Joe Tippmann for offensive line depth to protect their new quarterback.

Biggest impact player from the draft cannot get on the field because as the people with brains knew we already had a loaded dline room and there is literally no spot for him.

Tippman finally gets played and plays well.  All the other guys listed are total dogs., not dawgs, dogs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...