Bring back the Conquering Hero

Jetsfan80

1 hour ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

BTW, Saleh declined to name a new offensive team captain in wake of Rodgers injury 

This is a slam dunk. Give the (C) captaincy to the punter Morehead. He's our best weapon since Garrett Wilson is stuck in neutral with Zach the Wack at QB and Breece cant run since there are NO FREAKIN holes to run through. 

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Jets fans on here just KILLED Fitzpatrick and wanted him gone after that fateful Buffalo game when he had given us the best QBing and leadership of anyone for years and years.  They also killed him for 'being greedy' for actually holding out for a fair contract after that good year.

This is a bit revisionist 

Most jets fans wanted Fitz gone after he crapped the bed in 2016. I remember most fans being pretty excited when we resigned him for 2016 and there was plenty of confidence headed into that season 

15 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Most jets fans wanted Fitz gone after he crapped the bed in 2016. I remember most fans being pretty excited when we resigned him for 2016 and there was plenty of confidence headed into that season 

No not at all yours is more revisionist.   People destroyed him after the last buffalo game.   He also was just blasted for not immediately signing the next year.  People were killing him for 'holding the jets hostage and holding out' when in fact he was a FA.

9 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

No not at all yours is more revisionist.   People destroyed him after the last buffalo game.   He also was just blasted for not immediately signing the next year.  People were killing him for 'holding the jets hostage and holding out' when in fact he was a FA.

I mean, he deserved to be destroyed after the Buffalo game, so I'm not sure what the issue is there

Doesn't mean people didn't want him back in 2016. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Larz said:

He’s an ass. He called Goff a poor man’s Matt Ryan last night. Who the **** is he to talk about anyone’s career? 

Goff got two teams to the playoffs.  Has fitzy gotten a single one?  Fitzy is a pos. He wrecked the 2016 season by not signing until the first week of training camp.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

9 minutes ago, rangerous said:

Goff got two teams to the playoffs.  Has fitzy gotten a single one?  Fitzy is a pos. He wrecked the 2016 season by not signing until the first week of training camp.

You could easily make the case that Goff > Stafford now.  Rams added two first rounders in that trade... 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

I think most jets fans wanted him back for 2016.  But I think he dragged his signing out so long that he lost whatever team support he had. When he finally did sign he had to take it back from geno. And then Marshall and decker were injured.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Larz said:

He’s an ass. He called Goff a poor man’s Matt Ryan last night. Who the **** is he to talk about anyone’s career? 

He was a 7th round (# 250 overall) pick out of football powerhouse Harvard who threw 223 career TDs over a 17-year career.  31 of them with us in 2015, which is still the franchise single-season record.

He can talk sh*t about anyone he wants to.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Spoot-Face said:

Does he come with a healthy, 31 year old Brandon Marshall? No?

Well, in that case...

Who am I kidding, anything is better than Zach Wilson.

happy homer simpson GIF

Bring back Marshall too.  Why not?  Get the band back together. 

Snag Bilal Powell out of retirement too while we're at it.  He's better than Dalvin Cook.

• Haha 1