Dobbs

I’m watching two good QBs go at it… Purdy 7th rd vs Dobbs journeyman 5th rounder.  Both of these chaps can play.  I’m also watching 1st rounder Mac Jones sucking.  Lance got traded for a 4th.  Yet here are the dumb Bears and Jets, determined to ride out their 1st round busts.

Been watching since 1980.

Jets are always gonna jet.  We can’t admit mistakes.  It takes us at least three seasons to even realize we need to do something different.  Unless Zach somehow sees the field and fires tonight  (which I doubt highly) it’s just going to be a Sunday night of the same old shot I’ve seen for years.  

When will the torture end? When the Jets get good?  When I stop watching?  When I die?

What are the odds the last happens first?  

I hate my sister for making me a Jets fan when I was young and impressionable.  I wanted to be Franco Harris in 2nd grade.  

Rant over.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, PavlovsDogs said:

I’m watching two good QBs go at it… Purdy 7th rd vs Dobbs journeyman 5th rounder.  Both of these chaps can play.  I’m also watching 1st rounder Mac Jones sucking.  Lance got traded for a 4th.  Yet here are the dumb Bears and Jets, determined to ride out their 1st round busts.

Jets are always gonna jet.  We can’t admit mistakes.  It takes us at least three seasons to even realize we need to do something different.  Unless Zach somehow sees the field and fires tonight  (which I doubt highly) it’s just going to be a Sunday night of the same old shot I’ve seen for years.  

When will the torture end? When the Jets get good?  When I stop watching?  When I die?

I hate my sister for making me a Jets fan when I was young and impressionable.  I wanted to be Franco Harris in 2nd grade.  

Rant over.

We are still banking on Grandpa Rodgers in 2024, so buckle up for another amazing offseason of speculations, rumors and glorifications. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Bronx said:

We are still banking on Grandpa Rodgers in 2024, so buckle up for another amazing offseason of speculations, rumors and glorifications. 

I know man…. And I was all in on this season.  

By the time the Jets are good again I don’t know if I’ll care. I’m 52 and I cannot believe how much time and money I have invested in this team.  

I just love football, and the closest I can come to rooting for another team is the 49ers because I’ve lived in the Bay Area for 25 + years, and I’m also determined to not make my son a Jets fan by default.  My son thinks this team is a funny punchline - a warm up act to a real football team our hometown Niners.  

He’s not wrong.

27 minutes ago, PavlovsDogs said:

Rant over.

I’ll raise you O’Connell