The reason Zach played well

10 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Kinda felt bad for the kid last night. I was rooting for him like it was his first game as a Jet. 

Ironically it would have been his last game as a jet if he didn’t play well. Every good has a bad game once in a while. Bad qbs should have a good game once in a while. Been a long time since he didn’t play terribly, and never really played great. I think he was definitely challenged, “ do or die.” Happy he lived to play more. But he needs to string games like this together, to show wasn’t a fluke.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, usanyj said:

So much respect for the kid to play like that with his career on the line and his home stadium full of people with torches and pitchforks for him. He had balls last night.

I think it was like a sympathy shot to the temple for an animal who can’t survive with the rest of the wild. Glad he lived to play another day. He is going to have to string few games like that together, to even begin to pull himself out of hole he put himself in. 1 game definitely isn’t going to do it 

3 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

I think it was like a sympathy shot to the temple for an animal who can’t survive with the rest of the wild. Glad he lived to play another day. He is going to have to string few games like that together, to even begin to pull himself out of hole he put himself in. 1 game definitely isn’t going to do it 

1000%, now the story for the week is can he do it in a game that people have to expect the Jets to win...or does the stage coach turn back into a pumpkin.

• Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, usanyj said:

1000%, now the story for the week is can he do it in a game that people have to expect the Jets to win...or does the stage coach turn back into a pumpkin.

Yesss. They knew they favorite “conservative ball / coddle zach “ game wouldn’t cut it. They had to risk zach sinking or swimming without his floaties for once. Now let’s hope they decide to play like that against bad teams too. Not aim to win 9-6 like a D coordinator game plan.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

I have been one of the guys bashing him here. I am willing to give him props for last night. BUT he has to follow it up. I was at the Titan game his rookie year when they fell behind early then ran around chucking the ball all over the yard and followed it up with a sh*t show. 

So Zach if you’re listening- I’ll have no issue eating crow if you follow it up and keep building on this. Believe it or not I am a lifelong Jet fan and if you do somehow flip the script and become a good quarterback- that’s a good thing! And all Jet fan Zach bashers will do the same. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

Kinda felt bad for the kid last night. I was rooting for him like it was his first game as a Jet. 

The kid played his ass off.  Let’s be honest on one night he outplayed Mahomes which rarely happens .  Look he has been awful this season but with all the pressure in the world he stepped up bigtime.  Will it continue?  God I hope so.  However what I was really impressed with is joe he took all of the blame which I think earned him even more respect from his teammates and fans.  I loved how the team gathered around him at the end  when you could tell he was down at himself because of the fumble.  The refs handed the chiefs a victory which is ridiculous. Let the players decide it 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Gibby said:

So Zach if you’re listening- I’ll have no issue eating crow if you follow it up and keep building on this. Believe it or not I am a lifelong Jet fan and if you do somehow flip the script and become a good quarterback- that’s a good thing! And all Jet fan Zach bashers will do the same. 

I'm sure Zach is reading this forum.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, usanyj said:

So much respect for the kid to play like that with his career on the line and his home stadium full of people with torches and pitchforks for him. He had balls last night.

I've trashed Zach relentlessly. But one thing I can say I respect is that he isn't a quitter. He hasn't played well thus far in his career save for a couple of games. Yesterday was one of his best games so far. I'd love the be wrong and him become a good qb. Let's see how he does next week

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Gibby said:

I have been one of the guys bashing him here. I am willing to give him props for last night. BUT he has to follow it up. I was at the Titan game his rookie year when they fell behind early then ran around chucking the ball all over the yard and followed it up with a sh*t show. 

Feel exact same way. Anything is possible in football. Who had geno smith being an all pro one day ? Lol. Mohomes didn’t have a great game, but that is his rare bad game. Zach has been god awful 2+ years. Finally got a rare good game. We all hope it’s just not the fluke game. If he has 6 games like that for every 8, that’s acceptable. If he plays bad 6 out of 8, that isn’t anywhere close to being good enough for NFL. There is only 1 qb on field, there are ALWAYS going to be young guys waiting for their chance. Zach was about to be benched for good, but he bought himself a few games now. Odds against him but we all love rooting for the underdog. That is what he is right now. 

51 minutes ago, kmnj said:

reality is his fumble and missing on some key throws was the difference of the game

what I took away from the game and knew guying in is the chiefs really have NOTHING at WR-trash all over

It’s as if the pressure was starting to get to him. That they could actually win the game, and he was heading down to throw the game deciding pass. He had nothing to lose most of game. Nobody expected much from him, nobody really thought jets had a chance with him. 

If he can improve on this game and not regress, he still has a chance in this league. Before last night he was statistically the worst qb NFL has seen in more than a decade.