What happens when OT Carter Warren and DB Jarrick Bernard-Converse return from injury?

Probably a good problem to have, but rookies OT Carter Warren and DB Jarrick Bernard-Converse have returned to practice and, presumably, will join the 53-man roster in a few weeks.

What happens to the roster when those 2 are added.

OT CARTER WARREN

• A 1-to-1 exchange of an OL for OL is unlikely.  Max Mitchell and Billy Turner seem to be safe.  Turner is a veteran backup and even though Mitchell struggled earlier in the year, I think the Jets still believe he has potential
  • Most likely player to be cut when Warren joins the team: LB Sam Equavoen - helps on Special Teams and could probably be waived and returned to the Practice Squad - if he gets claimed, it wouldn't be a big deal
  • A more perplexing issue will be what happens if/when Duane Brown returns from IR.  Could he just be released or allowed to "retire" with honor?

DB JARRICK BERNARD-CONVERSE

• A 1-to-1 swap with CB Brandin Echols seems most likely.  Bryce Hall isn't great but is a good special teams contributor.  
  • It's also possible the Jets could release WR Jason Brownlee - that would be somewhat unlikely, but it's possible

I still think either DT Al Woods or Solomon Thomas could be cut.  Maybe one or the other fills a niche, but they both seem to fill the same niche

Let's stay tuned to see what happens!

• Upvote 1

I cannot imagine them cutting Echols and keeping Hall.  Hall has sucked majorly the past two years.  He played 4 snaps Sunday and pff rated him 26.  He has been awful.  Echols is ahead of him and if you are talking about specials, Echols was suspended week 1 and got hurt last week and he still has played more ST snaps than Hall.  I can't imagine them trusting JBC that much.  The guy has missed all of camp.  I think he is a candidate for a red shirt year.  The real wild card is that Echols hurt his hamstring and is out for the Broncos and DJ Reed is in the concussion protocol and will presumably also miss the game.  I sure hope Adams is back and can at least help some in the slot. 

I don't know about Warren.  They have a ton of practice squad OL, but can presumably use anybody that can play.  I think people are way too hard on Brown.  If he is really hurt there is no reason to think he won't be good if he gets healthy.  If not, there is no reason to bring him back. 

• Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Probably a good problem to have, but rookies OT Carter Warren and DB Jarrick Bernard-Converse have returned to practice and, presumably, will join the 53-man roster in a few weeks.

OT CARTER WARREN

• A 1-to-1 exchange of an OL for OL is unlikely.  Max Mitchell and Billy Turner seem to be safe.  Turner is a veteran backup and even though Mitchell struggled earlier in the year, I think the Jets still believe he has potential
  • Most likely player to be cut when Warren joins the team: LB Sam Equavoen - helps on Special Teams and could probably be waived and returned to the Practice Squad - if he gets claimed, it wouldn't be a big deal
  • A more perplexing issue will be what happens if/when Duane Brown returns from IR.  Could he just be released or allowed to "retire" with honor?

• A 1-to-1 swap with CB Brandin Echols seems most likely.  Bryce Hall isn't great but is a good special teams contributor.  
  • It's also possible the Jets could release WR Jason Brownlee - that would be somewhat unlikely, but it's possible

I still think either DT Al Woods or Solomon Thomas could be cut.  Maybe one or the other fills a niche, but they both seem to fill the same niche

There are some teams absolutely desperate for DL help. Nobody should be cut. Turn them into late picks.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

OT CARTER WARREN

I honestly do not remember them being impressed at all by either one of them in preseason. Did they impress anyone?

Anyone I can see getting cut is Bryce Hall, and I will be happy about it. However, I do see your point that they will probably cut Eguavoen and/or Browlee. Such a shame for Eguavoen because he helped out with a nice block in the only win we have so far. 

Duane Brown will definitely retire. 

• Upvote 2