Media lynch mob was way off in ex-MLB star Trevor Bauer’s rape case

Trevor Bauer was falsely accused and it basically cost him his baseball career.

Matt "Punt God" Araiza is another.

The Duke Lacrosse team

Michael Irvin

TAKEAWAY: The next time an athlete is accused, treat it as an accusation rather than assuming guilt.

https://nypost.com/2023/10/04/media-lynch-mob-was-way-off-in-ex-mlb-star-trevor-bauers-rape-case/

Media lynch mob was way off in ex-MLB star Trevor Bauer’s rape case

That “critical information” included text messages allegedly sent by Hill which Bauer reads aloud in his video. 

“Next victim. Star pitcher for the dodgers,” she texts a friend before meeting Bauer. 

“What should I steal?” she asks another friend before visiting his house for the first time. The answer: “Take his money.” 

Bauer continues reading from the texts: “Then after the first time we met, ‘Net worth is 51mil’ she [texted]. ‘B–ch, you better secure the bag!’ was the response. But how was she going to do that? ‘Need daddy to choke me out?’ she said, and ‘Being an absolute whore to try to get in on his 51 million.’ ”

Then Bauer plays a Snapchat video “taken by Lindsay Hill herself the morning after she claimed she was brutally attacked.” 

Hill can be seen mugging for the camera with a sleeping Bauer by her side.

Her face appears unmarked. No scratches, no swelling, no blood on her lips, no injuries of any kind. She does not look traumatized. She looks triumphant.

“You can see her lying in bed next to me while I’m sleeping, smirking at the camera without a care in the world or any marks on her face,” says Bauer in his video.

“And now we have the metadata, so there can be no dispute it was taken mere minutes before she left my house on the morning of May 16, 2021 . . .

“I think it paints a pretty clear picture of what actually happened the evening of May 15th and why the video was originally concealed from us . . .

“As I’ve said from Day One, I never sexually assaulted Lindsey Hill or anyone else for that matter.”

• Upvote 1