Hackett the Greatest OC

Bronx

8 minutes ago, Bronx said:

Yes, way overdue! 

People are softies this week.  You have to maintain consistency until this team does as well, until then, he is a goof. 

No one cares about you trashing the guy, it's just clear you only took about 3 seconds to come up with a nickname.  Put a little effort in next time.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Zachtomims47 said:

Better show some respect. While not perfect, he just made Zach fn Wilson look like an above average starting QB. 

LOL. Respect is earned and he didn't have any plans on the first three games,  As a professional organization, making millions of dollars, you need to have contingency plans, separate courses of action. The upper management failed miserably on this area.. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

No one cares about you trashing the guy, it's just clear you only took about 3 seconds to come up with a nickname.  Put a little effort in next time.  

He needs to show good play calling and he will earn everyone's respect. Better not let it be a flash in a pan. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Hackett helped us get Rodgers, so I'm not sure what everyone is so upset about

1. Rodgers getting hurt after #4plays

2. Zach sucking (mostly, at least now we'll always have that perfect 2nd half opening drive in a loss against the Chiefs!)

3. Being 1-3.

4. D not being close to as-advertised?

I'm sure there is more, AIRING OF THE GREIVANCES!

25 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

We had to take on a terrible oc in Hackett, semi jag for too much money and too much term in lazard, 100% done randall cobb, stinko billy turner to get Rodgers.   And he lasts 4 plays.

30 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Just fyi, my sources are telling me Nov 24 Dolphins as the game that our Dark Knight will rise again and when he does, I've been working w/ the committee @T0mShane to make you the captain for the Rodgers led run to glory.

• Haha 3

I think the boys are probably fired up to pump some cheeks this weekend for him.  Whether you or anyone thinks he's a "good" coach, it's pretty obvious that the players like him.  They'll be out for blood, and that includes the defense as well.  Last week was a great sign as far as what he can do with Zach and this offense when things go right.  This is a great opportunity to build on that going against the worst defense in the league.  There is really no excuse not to win this game, and even if we don't, there is still no excuse for this offense to not perform well.

I expect this Sunday will be the best this team has looked so far this year.  Not sure if it's fair to expect that, but I do.  If we're serious about making a run to get back into playoff contention, this is basically the biggest "can't lose" matchup we have.  Maybe the Giants, but that rivalry makes it a bit more of "anyone's game".  Denver....if you think you're a playoff team, you gotta beat the ******* Denver Broncos.  Ideally, beat them badly.  

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, bonkertons said:

I think the boys are probably fired up to pump some cheeks this weekend for him.  Whether you or anyone thinks he's a "good" coach, it's pretty obvious that the players like him.  They'll be out for blood, and that includes the defense as well.  Last week was a great sign as far as what he can do with Zach and this offense when things go right.  This is a great opportunity to build on that going against the worst defense in the league.  There is really no excuse not to win this game, and even if we don't, there is still no excuse for this offense to not perform well.

I expect this Sunday will be the best this team has looked so far this year.  Not sure if it's fair to expect that, but I do.  If we're serious about making a run to get back into playoff contention, this is basically the biggest "can't lose" matchup we have.  Maybe the Giants, but that rivalry makes it a bit more of "anyone's game".  Denver....if you think you're a playoff team, you gotta beat the ******* Denver Broncos.  Ideally, beat them badly.  

At the end, that's what all of us want with consistency.  Yes, fuk e'em Broncos, Sean Payton and the a$$hole below...

Screenshot_20210609-143653.png.c52090441bc8f8d63f3ed11d8b7d2078.png

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, rangerous said:

people seem to forget that before hackett coached rodgers he coached bortles in jax.  bortles had a couple of good seasons.

He (Hackett) had one good year in Jacksonville, 2017.  His Offense was 6th in yards, 5th in points.

His other years in Jacksonville?  23rd/25th (2016) and 27th/31st (2018), and he ended there after 2018.

Before that, in Buffalo?  19th/22nd (2013) and 26th/18th (2014), before he left there after 2014.

His best year in Green Bay was 2020.  His Offense was 5th in yards, 1st in points, with Rodgers.  Impressive.

His other years in Green Bay?  18th/15th (2019) and 10th/10th (2021), and again, he left after 2021.

His one year in Denver?  21st/32nd in 2022.

Basically, in 9 pre-Jets seasons as O-Co and play-calling Head Coach, he had two very good seasons, 2017 (Bortles, but mostly on the back of Fournette/Ivory and the 1st ranked rushing attack in the NFL that year) and 2020 with Rodgers.  2021 with Rodgers was pretty good too, to be fair.

The rest (the other 6 seasons) is mostly forgettable mid-to-trash tier finishes.

• Upvote 1