Dick Butkus dead at 80

LockeJET

6 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

On the Mount Rushmore of All-Time NFL Defensive Players easily and one of the greatest overall NFL players ever.

L E G E N D

5b0dc656dcba122541c690a79732d89f1af12ee2

He was before my time.  But from what I’ve heard and videos yeah no doubt. Many definitely have him as one of the best NFL players of all time.

3 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

He was before my time.  But from what I’ve heard and videos yeah no doubt. Many definitely have him as one of the best NFL players of all time.

He was before my time too, but my grandfather had a Steve Sabol-esque video recording of NFL games from the early 60s and on. A lot of random games, and he catalogued them etc. 

I grew up watching so many old NFL games. Then he had a decent 80s NBA library too, but mostly just playoffs finals. Only regular season NBA stuff back then he had were Lakers vs. Celtics (back when they played more than twice per year in the regular season).

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

Players from that time period all day the same thing about Dick Butkus: he was the guy you dreaded playing against because you knew you were going to be hurting the next day. 

Rest in Peace. Butkus was a badass in a day of badasses. 

Also, one of the guys my Dad used to get mistaken for later in life... 😆 Ditka was the other. Musta been the 'stache. 

A guy in a bar was so adamant my Dad was Ditka, he had to show him his ID and badge to get the dude to stop bugging him. 

• Upvote 2