DJ Reed - Out Sunday

Both of them out definitely makes it tougher, as Reed is a huge loss regardless but normally probably would've been Echols as a direct sub for him simply getting more help to his side than Sauce, while MC2 stuck in the slot. Now they'll definitely need to be a bit more creative and do some rotations unless Hall can really step it up, as I'm sure the Broncos will come out going straight in that direction until the Jets prove it won't work.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Both of them out definitely makes it tougher, as Reed is a huge loss regardless but normally probably would've been Echols as a direct sub for him simply getting more help to his side than Sauce, while MC2 stuck in the slot. Now they'll definitely need to be a bit more creative and do some rotations unless Hall can really step it up, as I'm sure the Broncos will come out going straight in that direction until the Jets prove it won't work.

Hall looked really good his rookie year then the book got out on him. Even though he appears to have great coverage you just throw at him and he'll never look to defend the ball. Him being right there ends up being pointless. 

Hopefully he's getting better at finding the ball in coverage or mr. unlimited doesn't know this trick.

• Upvote 2

Id imagine in base sets MCII would be the corner opposite sauce.

With Adams healthy, we also can go with 3 safeties with Sauce and MC but that could be dicey given the broncos like to use 3 WR sets.

I do think this will be a great opportunity for the staff to show some flexibility.  Sauce should stay on sutton and MC on Jeudy all game.  Then let the safeties and LBs handle Mims, the TEs and Javonte Williams.  Sutton is a good WR but he is not on the level of a Diggs/Jefferson so Sauce should have no problems whatsoever with taking him completely out of this game.  We can then roll coverage, run traps, etc and hopefully generate a turnover or 2. 

Sticking with Sauce on one side would likely allow a coach as smart as payton to just burn a WR on that side and beat us elsewhere.

22 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Id imagine in base sets MCII would be the corner opposite sauce.

With Adams healthy, we also can go with 3 safeties with Sauce and MC but that could be dicey given the broncos like to use 3 WR sets.

I do think this will be a great opportunity for the staff to show some flexibility.  Sauce should stay on sutton and MC on Jeudy all game.  Then let the safeties and LBs handle Mims, the TEs and Javonte Williams.  Sutton is a good WR but he is not on the level of a Diggs/Jefferson so Sauce should have no problems whatsoever with taking him completely out of this game.  We can then roll coverage, run traps, etc and hopefully generate a turnover or 2. 

Sticking with Sauce on one side would likely allow a coach as smart as payton to just burn a WR on that side and beat us elsewhere.

I don't think they're going to ask MCII to play a different position. He plays on the inside. It's most likely Bryce Hall. Let us pray.

prayer GIF

• Upvote 1