Mo vs. Quinnen

Mo signed a huge contract in 2016.

His stats for the first four games after signing:

16 total tackles (11 solo),  1 tackle for a loss, 1 pass defended, 0 interceptions, 1.5 sacks, 0 forced fumbles.

Quinnen signed a huge contract in 2023

His stats for the first four games after signing 

16 total tackles (11 solo), 1 tackle for a loss, 1 pass defended, 1 pass defended, 0 interceptions, 0.5 sacks, 0 forced fumbles.

Huh.....It's almost like you could see this coming, and people suggested it might be concerning giving such a big contract again like that to a DT, even though they are a 'game-changer.'  

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 24
  • Sympathy 1
  • Ugh 1
  • More Ugh 1

3 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

16 total tackles (11 solo),  1 tackle for a loss, 1 pass defended, 0 interceptions, 1.5 sacks, 0 forced fumbles.

16 total tackles (11 solo), 1 tackle for a loss, 1 pass defended, 1 pass defended, 0 interceptions, 0.5 sacks, 0 forced fumbles.

Huh.....It's almost like you could see this coming, and people suggested it might be concerning giving such a big contract again like that to a DT, even though they are a 'game-changer.'  

Dump

• Upvote 3

This is eye opening ... yet not the least bit unexpected. The sad part is look at the surrounding talent on defense for both players.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

It’s been 4 games. Comparing their first 4 games post contract and saying it’s significant and it’s history repeating itself is a pretty large jump of conclusion based off limited sample size. 

Moreover what’s your larger point that the Jets shouldn’t have extended quinnen? The jets have not had a 1st rounder get to a second contract since Mo Wilk I think and based off performance, age, position of value, and his work ethic/passion for football it was a no brainer to extend him. 

I think the larger point is stop drafting these guys. 

Mo. Richardson. Leo. Soon to be quinnen.

I don't know why this franchise is obsessed with what appears to be the same player. None of these guys turned out to be Aaron Donald. I doubt the one we take at the next draft will either. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • More Ugh 1

1 hour ago, Flightattendant said:

I don't know why this franchise is obsessed with what appears to be the same player. None of these guys turned out to be Aaron Donald. I doubt the one we take at the next draft will either. 

OMG none of them is the greatest DT in history!  Must mean they are failed draft picks.  The y aren't even playing th same defenses. With what DTs get they haven't been bad picks.  Not one of them. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Flightattendant said:

This regime hasn’t drafted a DT in the first and have brought in FAs at relatively low cost to staff the position. (Rankins, Thomas, Woods, Jefferson). 

Also quinnen’s production last year was a slight tier below Chris Jones and Donald, who are both likely HOF bound. 

if you’re saying stop taking corners, safeties, and DTs every year in the first, I agree, Mac and Tannenbaum were really bad at their jobs. 

Hard to sack a QB that hands off the ball 30 times a game.

Q may not end up being the beast he was last season. Would be sad.

That said, he was a beast last season, and the Jets would have to be idiots to not extend him.

It's only 4 games, let's see what he does in the coming games.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

18 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

This regime hasn’t drafted a DT in the first and have brought in FAs at relatively low cost to staff the position. (Rankins, Thomas, Woods, Jefferson). 

Also quinnen’s production last year was a slight tier below Chris Jones and Donald, who are both likely HOF bound. 

if you’re saying stop taking corners, safeties, and DTs every year in the first, I agree, Mac and Tannenbaum were really bad at their jobs. 

This is why I don't like taking a DT in the 1st. Very easy to find guys that can fill the role admirably in FA. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

Appreciate the Erik McMillian reference. What a rookie year that guy had. Him and Hasty in that same draft.  

That was my first year as a season ticket holder. McMillan was a MONSTER that year.

• Upvote 2

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt as it's early and I didn't see him sluffing it when I just re-watched the KC game. He was going against Joe Thuney and was doubled on a bunch of plays but the effort was there and he even chased down one run play and made the stop after an 8 yard gain. 

The big reason I don't see him quitting is emphasized by his brother Quincy lighting it up this season after just getting paid. I pointed out a month or 2 back defending him about this as his brother and his tight bond centers on their mothers passing and how they both challenge each other and play to make her proud.  Mo was a different case as he had off the field alcohol/substance issues which caused him to miss practices and eventually quit on the team.

3 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

You Lie Harry Potter GIF by Sky

4 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

Wilkerson was a dog. Got paid and didnt care anymore.

QW is going to shut your mouth for us.

canada blame GIF

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

79D5F087-AFA3-4031-B69E-90578891F692.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1