Game Thread Starter (we need new blood)

BP

Somebody dig deep in their pockets and grab themselves a pair of balls and start the game thread please.

@Maxman has been horrendous the last 3 years, well maybe the last 6 years. And he was an emotional wreck during the patriots game because of issues with his beloved forums. Let’s keep him focused on working on the forums and not being a failure at game threads.

@T0mShane has been a catastrophic failure, not to mention the awful JN captain bs he has brought to the forum.

I would like to nominate two behemoths to start the game thread. We need some muscle instead of finesse. @The Crusher everybody’s beloved moderator and @Warfish and his eyeball and magical kilt. Either or. But max should be terminated for the time being.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

30 minutes ago, BP said:

I would like to nominate two behemoths to start the game thread. We need some muscle instead of finesse. @The Crusher everybody’s beloved moderator and @Warfish and his eyeball and magical kilt. Either or. But max should be terminated for the time being.

17 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I would like to nominate @Warfish. If I have any winning mojo I’m saving it for  the next Patriots game. We lose to them again I’m killing and eating first Pat fan I see, 

It would seem to be bad mojo to have the game thread be started by one of JN's most hard-core cynics, doubters and pessimists, doncha boys think?  Lol.

I mean I don't exactly bring sunshine, happiness or hope for victory in my substantial wake, do I?  On second thought, don't answer that.

If you want me to start it, I will.  Tonight or tomorrow?

Also, lol at insta-gibbed thread moved to lounge before anyone could reply, grade A troll by whichever Mod did that one, lol.

On 10/7/2023 at 6:19 PM, BP said:

Somebody dig deep in their pockets and grab themselves a pair of balls and start the game thread please.

@Maxman has been horrendous the last 3 years, well maybe the last 6 years. And he was an emotional wreck during the patriots game because of issues with his beloved forums. Let’s keep him focused on working on the forums and not being a failure at game threads.

@T0mShane has been a catastrophic failure, not to mention the awful JN captain bs he has brought to the forum.

True story:  @BP goes to the home opener. We are walking in and he is repeating himself, making the same jokes over and over again. Seems hammered but I only drink Fanta so I don't know for sure lol. Anyhow the funny part is he keeps telling myself and two twenty something year olds that he doesn't even get drunk anymore.  

I didn't sit with him, but I asked one of the 20 somethings (my sons friend) how BP was during the game. He told me, oh he left before the first quarter was over.

Big fan people.  :)

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

On 10/7/2023 at 6:44 PM, BP said:

This really got moved to the lounge? Really?

I just saw it in the NFL forum, seems like it should be in the Lounge because it is off topic. But when I posted in it just now, it was in the NFL forum.

And more importantly, anyone can start the game thread. It isn't a self appointed thing for me. It just has to be done on game day.

So anyone who wants to post it at midnight the day of the game, you just have to beat me to it.

4 hours ago, Maxman said:

True story:  @BP goes to the home opener. We are walking in and he is repeating himself, making the same jokes over and over again. Seems hammered but I only drink Fanta so I don't know for sure lol. Anyhow the funny part is he keeps telling myself and two twenty something year olds that he doesn't even get drunk anymore.  

I didn't sit with him, but I asked one of the 20 somethings (my sons friend) how BP was during the game. He told me, oh he left before the first quarter was over.

Big fan people.  :)

First off, it wasn’t the home opener :rl:  it was the awful Patriots game lol TRUE STORY!!! you’re sprinkling the truth with little white lies. Yeah, pouring rain and pa announcer screaming with blaring music between every play I just couldn’t take along with the horrendous performance. I know, you think it’s great football. And like I said before the only reason I went was to see people I like at the tailgate, including yourself.

I am kind of suprised at the level of hutt hurt you have over this though. It’s kind of funny, and a little surprising.

4 hours ago, BP said:

First off, it wasn’t the home opener :rl:  it was the awful Patriots game lol TRUE STORY!!! you’re sprinkling the truth with little white lies. Yeah, pouring rain and pa announcer screaming with blaring music between every play I just couldn’t take along with the horrendous performance. I know, you think it’s great football. And like I said before the only reason I went was to see people I like at the tailgate, including yourself.

I am kind of suprised at the level of hutt hurt you have over this though. It’s kind of funny, and a little surprising.

Oh damnit was the Patriots game my bad.

Hurt? What are you the only one that can make jokes? All good here I'm just busting back.

And a story wouldn't be any good if it wasn't sprinkled with white lies lol.

4 hours ago, jetswinbaby! said:

Solution to the problem...

From now on, game threads can only be started by non-Jet fans...

What about people that just hate the Jets, like a lot, but are still fans?

Im talking about a lot here. Like so much hate.

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Maxman said:

And more importantly, anyone can start the game thread. It isn't a self appointed thing for me. It just has to be done on game day.

So anyone who wants to post it at midnight the day of the game, you just have to beat me to it.

Mad Max Reaction GIF

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, BP said:

Hutt hurt is serious and can have long lasting effects.  Try and be a little more delicate w/ your old pal.