I Hate 4pm Games

Dunnie

11 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Better than night games but not as good as 1:00 games.

In the past I disliked having to wait but this year it's different.  Now I get to watch real teams play real football before I have to watch the Zach/Hackett/Saleh clown show.  Last weeks was a refreshing change of pace but we f'king lost anyway.  However, there is always this week, etc, etc.  

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

In the past I disliked having to wait but this year it's different.  Now I get to watch real teams play real football before I have to watch the Zach/Hackett/Saleh clown show.  Last weeks was a refreshing change of pace but we f'king lost anyway.  However, there is always this week, etc, etc.  

Yeah, I get it for sure.

It really hasn't been fun - kinda sucks having the season over before it started...

I guess I'm excited again for tomorrow - got suckered back in, I fully expect garbage tomorrow though.  So would rather just get it over-with at 1:00.  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

Not sure I agree.  Gives alot more time for alot more non-football stuff on a Sunday when we play at 4 or 8 pm.

I fully plan to do some Potomac River catfishing tomorrow morning, then run some errands.  

If it was a 1pm game, I likely do neither and piss around the house till gametime.

This is not gonna be a popular post, but I enjoy the 4pm games because that way I don't have to be in conflict between  going to my church's service or watching the game.😄

• Upvote 2

Not sure I agree.  Gives alot more time for alot more non-football stuff on a Sunday when we play at 4 or 8 pm.

I fully plan to do some Potomac River catfishing tomorrow morning, then run some errands.  

If it was a 1pm game, I likely do neither and piss around the house till gametime.

Yep. This is how I feel. I used to prefer 1 pm, but as I get older, I like getting things done earlier in the day before the game starts. 

taking the kids to the zoo tomorrow 

• Upvote 1

316179541_catcrazy2021.gif.cca870d497a02cc46a4a32db984b13ab.gif

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Yep. This is how I feel. I used to prefer 1 pm, but as I get older, I like getting things done earlier in the day before the game starts. 

taking the kids to the zoo tomorrow 

Ah yes, the zoo, where we get to play my favorite game of: Do I want to let my kid press her face up against the glass of the leopard observation where 8,000 other kids have put their faces over the last hour and she will surely bring home yet another strain of hand foot and mouth? OR do I pull her away early so we can walk over to the butterfly sanctuary where she will undoubtably step on the butterflies on the ground after we've been expressly told not to do that? Everyone's a winner regardless.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

Good luck fishing, pal.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

This is not gonna be a popular post, but I enjoy the 4pm games because that way I don't have to be in conflict between  going to my church's service or watching the game.😄

Shouldn't be UNpopular either.  To each their own, if that's what you enjoy (or whatever word suits), that's cool.  As an ex-Catholic, I certainly understand the sentiment.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Ah yes, the zoo, where we get to play my favorite game of: Do I want to let my kid press her face up against the glass of the leopard observation where 8,000 other kids have put their faces over the last hour and she will surely bring home yet another strain of hand foot and mouth? OR do I pull her away early so we can walk over to the butterfly sanctuary where she will undoubtably step on the butterflies on the ground after we've been expressly told not to do that? Everyone's a winner regardless.

Everyone but the butterflies.... 🦋 💀 

• Haha 1

The way people are responding to my Sunday plans have me feeling sorry for a lot of you.

Married 23 years, three kids (teenagers that want nothing to do with me right now), golf 3-4 times a week, and I still get laid every Saturday and/or Sunday afternoon.  

I thought my life sucked, but maybe it's pretty good?

19 hours ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

You have a cell phone with streaming...you can do both! (Just don't yell out if ZW throws a nice TD)

• Haha 1