Eagles are due for an L

7 minutes ago, Falco21 said:

Only way we are going to win this game is if the defense shows up early, as opposed to the second half, and if the offense can score in the red zone. 

If those two items do not change, we have no chance.

No doubt the defense needs to step up early 

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

I live around eagles country and it’s insufferable. However I also watch a lot of eagles football. Don’t get it twisted, this is a great team but they haven’t been blowing anyone out. The crappy rams hung around all day yesterday. The commanders should have won last week. The patriots gave them fits, they squeaked one out against the crappy Vikings. 

Our defense can match up well with their vertical attack if we step up. A turnover or two would be crucial to steal a win here and of course, semi competent play from Zach. 

I feel the eagles may look past us with the dolphins on Sunday night football coming up the week after us. 

The eagles are due to finally blow one. It be amazing to go into the bye stealing a win no one expects. 

the crappy rams? lol except for runningback that team is better on offense in every way. and their defense has let up only 3 more points than we have. 
the Eagles might be due for a loss, but this aint the team thats gonna hand them a receipt....lol

3 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

The Eagles run game concerns me. The Jets D has played well but have been gashed by the run and running qbs .. stop the run consistently and they have a chance. 

we contained tony pollard well. and pollard is one of the best doing it right now. our problem with letting qbs scramble is all scheme related. they made the adjustment yesterday and it showed. that said we will lose this game handily

• Thumb Down 1

The Eagles are a very, very well coached and prepared team. They have tremendous veteran leadership and a smart QB that has leadership skills. While it is true they have not hit on all cylinders this year, these are the types of teams that the Jets have a very difficult time with (teams that do not beat themselves).

While this is the NFL and anything can happen, traditionally this is a tough spot for the current group of Jets. Hope I am wrong.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

I live around eagles country and it’s insufferable. However I also watch a lot of eagles football. Don’t get it twisted, this is a great team but they haven’t been blowing anyone out. The crappy rams hung around all day yesterday. The commanders should have won last week. The patriots gave them fits, they squeaked one out against the crappy Vikings. 

Our defense can match up well with their vertical attack if we step up. A turnover or two would be crucial to steal a win here and of course, semi competent play from Zach. 

I feel the eagles may look past us with the dolphins on Sunday night football coming up the week after us. 

The eagles are due to finally blow one. It be amazing to go into the bye stealing a win no one expects. 

Tje Eagles have a new OC and DC. I think a slow start was expected but it hasn't  really been slow, they just aren't  the dominant team they were last season. I also don’t  think they are looking past anyone. More so this could be a get right game for them. 

2 hours ago, Falco21 said:

Only way we are going to win this game is if the defense shows up early, as opposed to the second half, and if the offense can score in the red zone. 

If those two items do not change, we have no chance.

Yep, red zone efficiency and penalties! 6 offense and 3 defense I think was the count.  We cant do that crap against the eagles. 

• Sympathy 1

Eagles 42 - Jets 20 

It will be a romp early on with mostly garbage points from the Jets coming off the 4th QTR. 

Zach Wilson final stat line: 12/24, 146 yds 1 TD/2 INTs, 6 sacks 

It was an abysmal performance against the Broncos.  5 total drives in the redzone and 0 TDs against the worst defense in the NFL.

Put the bong away and smell the coffee Jets fans. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

40 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

The Eagles are a very, very well coached and prepared team. They have tremendous veteran leadership and a smart QB that has leadership skills. While it is true they have not hit on all cylinders this year, these are the types of teams that the Jets have a very difficult time with (teams that do not beat themselves).

While this is the NFL and anything can happen, traditionally this is a tough spot for the current group of Jets. Hope I am wrong.

You are not wrong. One team is well coached and prepared and one is not. 

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Not sure I’ve seen a team try and give away a victory as hard as Denver did. Than in itself was impressive. 

• Upvote 1

If the Jets Defense comes out the way they have the last two weeks this game will not be close. For a Defense that some people have said could be up there with the 85 and the Legion of Boom. They have yet to put together a complete game on defense. Eagles love to start fast and then just constrict you till you can't breathe anymore.

Can't have that if you expect to compete against a team that is like 20-1 now in their last 21 regular season games.

7 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

1.Quincy is a stud 2. Breece is back 3. Sauce is back ( he is however in need of a jugs machine) 

And they are discovering that there is a position of Tight End. Really, those tight ends could be the best security blanket for Zach, and they seem to lose that thought process. I am unsure why.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Scott Dierking said:

And they are discovering that there is a position of Tight End. Really, those tight ends could be the best security blanket for Zach, and they seem to lose that thought process. I am unsure why.

Zach’s brain can’t hold onto anything long enough for anything to matter. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Put some respect on the Jets D! Can't wait! 

They can't stop the run or tackle very well.  I am not tracking the Eagles ground game, but it seems to be the biggest concern for the D. Besides, they will spend more time on the field due to Zach Wilson's inability to throw TDs.