Zach Wilson by the numbers thru 5 games

3 minutes ago, varjet said:

I am wondering how he compares over the last 2 weeks-weeks 4 and 5.   Hopefully after game 8 he looks better.  

He was QB33 / QB34 after the Pats game and is now QB30 or so.  So we've got that going for us! 

Maybe by the end of year 3 he'll be QB28????  One can dream!

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Just to beat you simpletons to the punch, I am aware we won Sunday's game.  Thanks for the constant reminder in every thread where people rightfully complain.  

For the rest of us who like to actually discuss the team's flaws even after wins (you know, the stuff us not real fans do), here's how Zach compares to the rest of the league in several key categories:

• QB Rating:  73.4 (32nd)
  • QBR:  37.8 (30th)
  • Completion %:  61.1 (29th)
  • Expected Comp %:  59.0 (34th)
  • YPA:  6.1 (29th)
  • Net YPA:  4.98 (30th)
  • Adjusted YPA:  4.09 (31st)
  • Completed Air Yards/Attempt:  3.2 (26th)
  • Yards/Game:  182.2 (30th)
  • TD %:  2.7 (27th)
  • INT %:  3.4 (29th)
  • Sack %:  8.6 (25th)
  • Pass Success %:  35.6 (33rd)
  • Bad Throw %:  13.9 (22nd)
  • On Target %:  59.9 (24th)
  • Pocket Time:  2.1s (12th)
  • Play Action Yardage:  188 (17th)

Superbowel here we come! 

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Just to beat you simpletons to the punch, I am aware we won Sunday's game.  Thanks for the constant reminder in every thread where people rightfully complain.  

For the rest of us who like to actually discuss the team's flaws even after wins (you know, the stuff us not real fans do), here's how Zach compares to the rest of the league in several key categories:

See? They’re right… he’s improving!

Celebrate Happy Birthday GIF by The Democrats

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

To be fair, he has statistically played better over the last 2 games. And the NE and DAL games skewed his numbers quite a bit.

Either way, he is still not near the level he should be, even in these last 2 games. The fact that his numbers became only average against a mediocre defense and the worst defense in the league is not a good sign. He clearly still plays scared, and his slight moments of looking good are almost always followed up with suckage.

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Absolutely disgusting. Team is going nowhere this year lmao.

• Post of the Week 1

39 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

I’ll take it as a positive sign that after facing the gauntlet Zach has the first 6 weeks that he’s not ranked 40th. The bar is in a 6 foot ditch but it’s moving up. He’s going to have a nice stretch of opponents after the bye that he should play well against. If that happens then I think we can start to get some renewed optimism about him.

As of now it’s just like last year and as long as injuries don’t eat the team again, they’ll be alright. They were 100% going to the playoffs last year until they lost Breece/AVT and the weight of the offense was placed on Zach.

Bro this logic is the problem 

in a league where some dude named Dobbs is slinging the rock like a prime Marino this is not acceptable and nor should we accept this.

Dallas is the only bigger pressure cooker for QBs and I truly hate the cowboys and their stupid owner but no way that fan base or owner would stand for terrible QB play like this.

We are the only idiots who willingly try and polish turds, enough of the madness

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

57 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Sample size is fairly small. What’s the play action ypa or ypc? It’s weird that that’s a counting number rather than a percentage or average.

2 minutes ago, Claymation said:

The last 2 weeks

17th in rtg with 94.6

17th in yards 444

10th in Completion percentage 72.3

23rd in yards per pass 6.8

Zach is an average QB right now, nothing more, nothing less. That's a far cry to what he was last year, but he still needs to be efficient in the red zone.

Quality backup QB numbers. Hopefully he continues to grow with his future team. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Average out all the rankings (except pocket time, which is of course an OL stat to provide context) and it comes out to where Zach is the 28th or 29th-ranked QB currently.  That's if you think all categories get equal weight though, which is another discussion.

So, yes, technically, Zach HAS improved from the # 32-34 QB ranking from his prior 2 seasons, but....

Confused Curb Your Enthusiasm GIF

He’s improved over the last 2 games. Maybe that will continue. 

57 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Sample size is fairly small. What’s the play action ypa or ypc? It’s weird that that’s a counting number rather than a percentage or average.

I can calculate the YPA and his rank therein if you'd like but it'll take a bit, as they don't have the average or the ranks for QBs on the PFR database currently. 

He's had 24 play action pass attempts so far.  That's roughly average league-wide.

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I can calculate the YPA and his rank therein if you'd like but it'll take a bit, as they don't have the average or the ranks for QBs on the PFR database currently. 

He's had 24 play action pass attempts so far.  That's roughly average league-wide.

You can not do it. Like you can choose to do other things with your day.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jets723 said:

It’s just very weird.  Nobody is saying ZW is good.  We would all rather have Rodgers playing but that’s just the way it turned out.  Over the past couple games ZW has shown some improvement.  Nobody is proclaiming him the future.  I don’t give a damn who the QB is I just to win.  Despite losing our starter and having a brutal schedule to start the season we’re  2-3 with a much easier schedule coming up.  I just don’t see the point in bitching and moaning about the same topic every post  at this point especially coming off a win.  

It's just how it is for some. Just keep winning.

• Upvote 1