Nathaniel Hackett: One of the game's finest OC's

ESPN just covered the run game and use of motion (which Rodgers hates) and adjustments that he’s made for Zach. The scheme on the 72 yard run was beautiful. 

I’m sure most fans are aware that Carter is in charge of the run game and Downing has input on the pass game. 

now that Hall has to be respected I’m expecting a big uptick in PA game next week and 3-3

• Upvote 1

In the last 2 weeks snapping the ball with someone in motion they are averaging 7.6 yards on 32 attempts 

using a split flow scheme in the first half and then hitting them with a counter on the 72 yard run was ******* brilliant 

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

What's he supposed to figure out?  How to successfully convince Joe Douglas to make a trade for a real QB?

I don't know, I'm not an OC. I do know, however, that eventually this will fail, and likely lead to Hackett's downfall unless Rodgers intervenes. Hackett's in a difficult place. We can only hope he differs from MLF that when hiding Zach stops working, he realizes that they're going to lose either way and might as well unleash Zach, either showing how much he sucks to JD and Woody or allowing him to finally play well (Incredibly unlikely).

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Very few OC's could successfully hide a QB like he did yesterday.  Perfect gameplan.  I would be in favor of signing him to an extension.

It's getting tiresome seeing all the haters complaining about one of the game's best OCs week after week.  

MLF was good and then we upgraded.  Well done Jets!

That locker room crap was so cringe 

Great Saleh and Co. y’all won y’all superbowl! BRAVO 🙄

You would think we dog walked the white ponies and not put up 4 Quarters of NFL follies quality football in a complete dogfight that came down to the end.

Like always you shortsighted idiots all but destroyed our shot at another generational QB, y’all don’t care though because it’s all about saving asses right now and Jets future be damned.

What a clown show, can’t wait until these bozo’s are gone 🙄🙄🙄

• Thumb Down 4
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

I find this a weird thread.  I saw a guy do a decent job managing the game yesterday, showed better pocket awareness and made a few + throws.  The time managment gaff at the end of the 1st half was shared with him and the coaches.  The fumbling was a problem but this hasn't been a big issue for Wilson in the past.  And the interception could have gone either way (Surtain made a great play, GW did not).  Not feeling the shoot Zach into the sun vibe today...

Bro that was like watching the 3 stooges playing 11 on 11. Everyone on the jets slipping everywhere, penalties fumbles 

the entire operation is incompetent down to the equipment people 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Very few OC's could successfully hide a QB like he did yesterday.  Perfect gameplan.  I would be in favor of signing him to an extension.

It's getting tiresome seeing all the haters complaining about one of the game's best OCs week after week.  

MLF was good and then we upgraded.  Well done Jets!

Hackett deserves to check out Boyle and Siemian to see if they are better options for him going forward. They really can’t be any worse than Zach. They were stubborn to go to Mike white (3rd string ) but he was far and above better than Zach statistically across the board.

21 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

JF80 when a Zach-led Jets team gets a W

Pretending To Be Happy Hiding Crying Behind A Mask Meme ...

The whole Zach "leading" us to a win is the part I take issue with.  He hasn't "led" the Jets to a win in his entire career.  Yesterday was another perfect example of Zach being dragged kicking and screaming across the finish line. 

It wasn't sustainable last year and it isn't sustainable now.  

1 hour ago, peekskill68 said:

I find this a weird thread.  I saw a guy do a decent job managing the game yesterday, showed better pocket awareness and made a few + throws.  The time managment gaff at the end of the 1st half was shared with him and the coaches.  The fumbling was a problem but this hasn't been a big issue for Wilson in the past.  And the interception could have gone either way (Surtain made a great play, GW did not).  Not feeling the shoot Zach into the sun vibe today...

"Other than those 5 terrible plays Zach played like below average man what's the problem?"

--- Zach's entire career to date

34 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The whole Zach "leading" us to a win is the part I take issue with.  He hasn't "led" the Jets to a win in his entire career.  Yesterday was another perfect example of Zach being dragged kicking and screaming across the finish line. 

It wasn't sustainable last year and it isn't sustainable now.  

Semantics aside, the point stands 🙃

• I don't think Hackett, Carter and/or Downing are great football minds, teachers or developers of young football talent.  They were put together for one reason:  Execute Aaron Rodgers Jets' Gameplan.  It was an ok plan, so long as Rodgers was available and his backup could follow the same plan.
  • LaFleur and Knapp were more of the football minds, teachers and developers.  Mike McDaniels is that.  The Dolphins waited for him, and added Vic Fangio.  We got Saleh and Hackett.  The Dolphins won that one.
  • Aaron is supposedly back next year, and assistants usually sign 2 year contracts.  It is Saleh's last year.  I think Woody should let them all play out their contracts and see what they can do with Rodgers.
  • As we have seen, over and over again, as a GENERAL MATTER, the price for a bright offensive mind is a HC job.   There are more great defensive coaches willing to be DC/AHC than offensive coaches will to be OC/AHC.   Unless the Jets find a veteran QB to replace Rodgers in a similar scheme, the plan for 2025 should be to find a new coaching staff with an offensive HC to develop the new QB.
  • Maybe Zach Wilson plays out his 5th year option, after Rodgers, as a transition to the next QB.  I don't think Zach is the future, and no one would have expected Rodgers to miss 17 games.  I do think ZW's performance in weeks 1, 4 and 5 looked looked like a decent backup.   He was 2-1 in those games.  Let the coaches try and maximize his value.