Jets Twitter Account On Fire

It’s really cool. knowing Rodgers was pumped and proud of the Jets for putting up 400 yards on Payton and getting the W.  

The trash talking must have been epic in the jets locker room lol. 

I really loved seeing the big smile on becton when he hugged Hack.

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

Sean Payton seems like a jerk so the win was a little bit extra-sweet yesterday.  But I'm surprised people are carrying on so much about this.  We can't worry so much about "revenge games".  We need to get our act together if we're going to try to make a playoff push.  

Word around the media is that Sean Payton is really pissing off a lot of people in that building since he got there with his my way or the highway approach to everything... 

There are a lot of people in Denver that will be happy when he is fired

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Sean Payton seems like a jerk so the win was a little bit extra-sweet yesterday.  But I'm surprised people are carrying on so much about this.  We can't worry so much about "revenge games".  We need to get our act together if we're going to try to make a playoff push.  

Although I agree, the stuff Payton said was uncalled for and unprofessional. It also made no sense because it was known the Jets did not want anything to do with HK. Just because we traded for a QB to improve our team does not mean we are declaring ourselves champs. It was just stupid on his part and he actually knows better. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

So you think the fans and social media people aren't focused enough on the next game - you could be right. 

• Haha 4

41 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

So you think the fans and social media people aren't focused enough on the next game - you could be right. 

Lol.  I guess I meant more Saleh and ZW.  As far as the fans, I didn't communicate it well.  Hackett is a 1st year OC here.  He has no real ties to this organization.  And we were criticizing him too.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I watched the Denver postgame and Payton looked genuinely humbled and contrite.

We’ve all said things we regret.  He made the mistake of broadcasting it publicly.

I still have serious doubts about Saleh.

He was celebrating as if the Jets actually did something special yesterday where in reality what they did was barely beat one of the worst teams in the league.

The press kept asking Dan Campbell this week about how his team would handle newfound prosperity and he not only said all the right things but it showed on Sunday that his team is actually invested in what he’s been preaching about not getting too high or too low and treating every opponent with respect:

they went out and crushed the Panthers without their best offensive player, Amon-Ra.

The game was never in doubt.

• Thumb Down 2
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

I watched the Denver postgame and Payton looked genuinely humbled and contrite.

We’ve all said things we regret.  He made the mistake of broadcasting it publicly.

I still have serious doubts about Saleh.

He was celebrating as if the Jets actually did something special yesterday where in reality what they did was barely beat one of the worst teams in the league.

The press kept asking Dan Campbell this week about how his team would handle newfound prosperity and he not only said all the right things but it showed on Sunday that his team is actually invested in what he’s been preaching about not getting too high or too low and treating every opponent with respect:

they went out and crushed the Panthers without their best offensive player, Amon-Ra

Not sure about the stuff about Payton.  I kind of don't care about that stuff anyway.  But I couldn't agree more on still having serious doubts about Saleh.  

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Not sure about the stuff about Payton.  I kind of don't care about that stuff anyway.  But I couldn't agree more on still having serious doubts about Saleh.  

I just think it was amazing how bluntly directed Payton's comments were about Hackett. "Worst coaching job in history, and everyone needs to wash the stink off..." (paraphrasing) but the coaching "community" is generally a tight-knit fraternity albeit it some personal beefs (Belichick + Mangini) etc....so that was pretty uncalled for and out of nowhere.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

This was these clowns Superbowl, can you blame them 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Adoni Beast said:

I just think it was amazing how bluntly directed Payton's comments were about Hackett. "Worst coaching job in history, and everyone needs to wash the stink off..." (paraphrasing) but the coaching "community" is generally a tight-knit fraternity albeit it some personal beefs (Belichick + Mangini) etc....so that was pretty uncalled for and out of nowhere.

So Payton ends up in Australia coaching high school football? Serves him right.

1 hour ago, Adoni Beast said:

I agree it was uncalled for and unprofessional.  But Hackett hadn't even been our OC for a single game at the time that was said so it's not like he criticized a Jets' legend or something like that.  If he said something like "Klecko is overrated and didn't deserve to be in the HOF" then I would've been much likely to think "shots fired". 

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Payton probably was not wrong in his statements but he needed to shut up about it.

To be honest, if you think about it, his comments were absurd. He said that Hackett did a historically bad job as a head coach. Well, Hackett was 4-11 last year (with a number of one score losses) in a league that has seen two coaches go 0-16. So, clearly hyperbole. 

What makes it particularly rich is that the Broncos were 2-3 after 5 games last year under Hackett and are now 1-4 after 5 games under Payton. Also, the Broncos last year had a very good defense. This year? It's the second worst defense in NFL history through 5 games. Talk about historically bad! LOL

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

To be honest, if you think about it, his comments were absurd. He said that Hackett did a historically bad job as a head coach. Well, Hackett was 4-11 last year (with a number of one score losses) in a league that has seen two coaches go 0-16. So, clearly hyperbole. 

What makes it particularly rich is that the Broncos were 2-3 after 5 games last year under Hackett and are now 1-4 after 5 games under Payton. Also, the Broncos last year had a very good defense. This year? It's the second worst defense in NFL history through 5 games. Talk about historically bad! LOL

Because payton has floundered and stunk does not mean hackett was less of a disaster.   He had a great defense and some good pieces on offense and they fall flat on their asses.  Russell wilson has his one private offices and was allowed to have a whole pile of hangers on around the team and in team facilities.   Hackett was awful in that post, but payton should have shut his trap about it rather than try to coddle wilson by blaming the previous coach..

Karma and all that.

1 minute ago, Ghost420 said:

If Hacketts coaching was awful then what do you call Paytons? Not saying Hackett wasn't bad but Broncos look even worse this yr. 

Paytons result do not surprise me at all.  The last year or so before the hire everyone and their dog wanted him or wanted him to go to dallas.

Russell Wilson is totally washed up i knew that before the laughable trade to denver.

Payton stinks, the job hackett did was just awful.

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Playoffs?

Punking Sean Payton was our playoffs!

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Because payton has floundered and stunk does not mean hackett was less of a disaster.   He had a great defense and some good pieces on offense and they fall flat on their asses.  Russell wilson has his one private offices and was allowed to have a whole pile of hangers on around the team and in team facilities.   Hackett was awful in that post, but payton should have shut his trap about it rather than try to coddle wilson by blaming the previous coach..

Karma and all that.

I'm not saying Hackett was good and didn't deserve to be fired, just that calling him a "historically bad" head coach was over the top, and also just beyond unnecessary. And, like I said, he's currently on pace to have a worse record than Hackett had last year, which would be very funny. He better figure out that what is wrong with that defense, because they have a chance to have an all-time bad season for that franchise. 

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Payton is an alcoholic, an ego maniac, a bit of an arsehole, and sanctioned Bountygate. 

Aside from that, he's pretty cool.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I agree it was uncalled for and unprofessional.  But Hackett hadn't even been our OC for a single game at the time that was said so it's not like he criticized a Jets' legend or something like that.  If he said something like "Klecko is overrated and didn't deserve to be in the HOF" then I would've been much likely to think "shots fired". 

You know it wasn't jus Hack, right? Payton basically took shots at the Jets organization, saying they were attention whores and basically cited the Hard Knocks, which the Jets staff screamed to the WORLD they wanted nothing to do with the show. 

He was probably drunk again. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

The Jets destroyed one of the worst teams in the league on the road.   Game was never in doubt.  We let them hang around like a cat playing with a mouse.  The mouse wasn't leaving alive.  

Big revenge game for Rodgers protecting one of his boys.  He was spectacular yesterday.  

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

There's a difference between Jets fans/media and the Jets coaching staff/players. Yes, the Jets coaching staff and players need to be focused on the next game. The fans and media however, should be all over Sean Payton. Fans aren't preparing for next week's game. There's nothing fans can do to help the team get better.