A TRADE MUST BE MADE

PepPep

JD must trade for a starting caliber OT. 

Any ideas? 

I'm Looking at Houston and thinking about bringing back George Fant. They have a young OT playing behind him in Josh Jones. We need to be realistic here. Nobody will part ways with a good starter. And I'm not giving up a first round pick. Fant is a veteran who can play both sides. Bring him in and plug him in at RT. Mitchell will back him up. If Becton gets hurt, Fant can move to LT, I don't trust Turner. 

Would the Texans give up Fant for a mid range pick? 

Just now, PepPep said:

Any ideas? 

I'm Looking at Houston and thinking about bringing back George Fant. They have a young OT playing behind him in Josh Jones. We need to be realistic here. Nobody will part ways with a good starter. And I'm not giving up a first round pick. Fant is a veteran who can play both sides. Bring him in and plug him in at RT. Mitchell will back him up. If Becton gets hurt, Fant can move to LT, I don't trust Turner. 

Whatever JD paid for Dalvin Cook, they need to double it!

Robert Downey Jr Yes GIF

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Any ideas? 

Houston is 2-3, plays in the weakest division in the AFC which plays the weakest division in the other conference (NFC South) this year. This on top of the 3 games on the schedule against other last place teams.

They will be in playoff contention and I can't see them trading away a starting OL.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

Houston is 2-3, plays in the weakest division in the AFC which plays the weakest division in the other conference (NFC South) this year. This on top of the 3 games on the schedule against other last place teams.

They will be in playoff contention and I can't see them trading away a starting OL.

Especially with the start Stroud’s gotten off to.  No way they trade OL.

• Upvote 1

Nope.

This roster is what it is, not trading ANY future assets for THIS season.

Free agents, fine.  Have at it, cap hits on this year, fine.

But not a penny nor a pick for future years should be vented for this season, sorry.  

Odds are just way too high that we're not legit competitive post-season wise, this year.

• Upvote 2

Step 1

Trade Cook, Lawson and Meco Hardman. Not so much because of AVT, but because....what is the point of keeping them around? There have been several teams swaping late round picks in a trade Cook and Lawson for obvious reasons, and Hardman because clearly they hate him. 

Step 2

Sign Lael Collins. Bring up Carter Warren and sign RT Darian Kinnard off the KC practice squad. 

• Upvote 3

46 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Any ideas? 

No chance Houston trades an OL. Not with a FQB in CJ and it's a position of weakness for them right now. 

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Nope.

This roster is what it is, not trading ANY future assets for THIS season.

Free agents, fine.  Have at it, cap hits on this year, fine.

But not a penny nor a pick for future years should be vented for this season, sorry.  

Odds are just way too high that we're not legit competitive post-season wise, this year.

Agree

3 hours ago, PepPep said:

Any ideas? 

Welcome to a decade ago! 

1 hour ago, WestCoastMole said:

I like em Old and Tough ........ How about Jason Peters

He''s a Seahawk-signed to their PS if the Jets try to snag him they will simply put him on the team for the week

Practice squad basics

• Practice squad players practice with the team. They do not play in games, unless they are elevated (see above)
  • Practice squad players are paid per week and can be released at any point during the season.
  • Practice squad players are free to sign with other NFL teams, but they have to be signed to the 53-man active roster of the acquiring team. A practice squad player cannot be signed to another practice squad unless he is first released or waived.
  • A practice squad player can not sign with his team’s upcoming opponent, unless he does so six days before the upcoming game or 10 days if his team is currently on a bye week.
  • If a practice squad player is signed to the active roster, he will receive a minimum of three weekly paychecks, even if he is released before spending three weeks with the new team.
  • In order to be signed to a practice squad after being released, a player who is not a vested veteran must first clear waivers, and is subject to waiver claims by other teams.

4 hours ago, PepPep said:

Any ideas? 

568AAF1C-974E-4EE0-8A7E-916415FA0A36.jpeg