The Jets Lack Of Respect From Refs

Zach_Wilson_Highlights__Week_8__Every_Pass_vs_Patriots.gif.e25eac5c9cd885c9c4c0ef367c4eda65.gif

I wanted to re-watch some ZW footage from last year to see how stark the difference was in his play vs this year when I came across this highlight (that I remember but hadn't seen in a while).  Throwing down GW wasn't called a penalty.  No way the refs swallow the flag if it was a Patriot getting thrown down.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:
http://content.invisioncic.com/y326398/monthly_2023_10/Zach_Wilson_Highlights__Week_8__Every_Pass_vs_Patriots.gif.e25eac5c9cd885c9c4c0ef367c4eda65.gif
I wanted to re-watch some ZW footage from last year to see how stark the difference was in his play vs this year when I came across this highlight (that I remember but hadn't seen in a while).  Throwing down GW wasn't called a penalty.  No way the refs swallow the flag if it was a Patriot getting thrown down.

I liked on the opening drive when Zach was slung to the ground by his helmet and there was no flag.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by Dunnie
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Josh Allen got more Roughing the Passr calls yesterday on 1 drive (both were bullsh*t, btw) than ZW has gotten in his career. ZW was tackled by his ******* facemask yesterday. No call.

And then there's this gem:

20230916_121249.thumb.jpg.7ab76f1d125340568c5060bf2f4443ec.jpg

20230916_121244.thumb.jpg.28671301fc79d8acb9c8360f67268603.jpg

Peckerhead Woody needs to be texting this to Alcapone Goddell. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

I still can’t figure why a league wouldn’t want a huge market team like one in NY to at least be able to compete on an even plane with any opposing team, not asking them to give the Jets ticky tack bs calls like KC got AT the Jets, just let it be Fair.

It’s very bizarre. They really don’t need to prop up teams like KC with favorable calls. Fans will watch regardless, and the team is good so they don’t need any ref help to win. The ratings will not suffer. Maybe they feel the need to prop up the small market teams? If anything it discourages watching the games. 

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Zach_Wilson_Highlights__Week_8__Every_Pass_vs_Patriots.gif.e25eac5c9cd885c9c4c0ef367c4eda65.gif

Yes.   That is called 100% of the time - without question on a Jet.

So would the Zach facemark - the ref was standing right there too on that one.  You can't even graze another QB's helmet it today's league (and I mean that literally) but Zach you can grab his facemark and yank his head.

• Upvote 4

I don’t like to complain about the refs but it’s been brutal.  We never get a gouging the passer penalty on ZW.  We all saw what they did against  KC to ensure we didn’t have a chance to complete the comeback win.  Yesterday they did the same thing but thankfully Denver sucks 

• Upvote 1

Week 5: So let's see against Denver the Jets were flagged 9 times losing 71 yards. Denver 4 flags for 31 yards

Week 4: vs KC We were flagged 7-for 42 yards they had 5 for-46

No other team gets more 3rd and long penalties than the Jets so far this season 5 that gave the opportunity 98 yards! Another thing I have noticed is how in the 4th quarter the refs start "evening things up to make it "seem fair" Check this site out guys

https://www.nflpenalties.com

• Upvote 2

One of the plays that still bothers me that no one seems to have called was the very obvious tripping that occurred during the long run Pacheco TD in the KC game. It was so blatant and would have limited that to a 7-10 yard run. The blocker literally was trying to tackle the defender by dragging him down by the ankle

No one is discussing it but it was arguably as momentous as the other plays.

Again, I try not to believe in the "conspiracy theories" but the calls make it hard to do so

Capture.JPG

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Yes.   That is called 100% of the time - without question on a Jet.

So would the Zach facemark - the ref was standing right there too on that one.  You can't even graze another QB's helmet it today's league (and I mean that literally) but Zach you can grab his facemark and yank his head.

I would really love to see Zach get all over the official after the next one. He needs to get pissed at them about their missed calls - the coaches too. What the hell are they doing accepting this BS week after week?

• Upvote 3

34 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

I would really love to see Zach get all over the official after the next one. He needs to get pissed at them about their missed calls - the coaches too. What the hell are they doing accepting this BS week after week?

Honestly, I mentioned this earlier.

But I think it's on Woody at this point.  He needs to stop being so passive and step up and make some noise - whether that be privately with Goodell or publicly to the media....But he can't keep accepting this second class treatment.

If he's let it go this long I'm not really sure he has the courage or he just simply doesn't care.  Our players are going to get hurt, especially QB because they know it won't get called against Zach.  

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Honestly, I mentioned this earlier.

But I think it's on Woody at this point.  He needs to stop being so passive and step up and make some noise - whether that be privately with Goodell or publicly to the media....But he can't keep accepting this second class treatment.

If he's let it go this long I'm not really sure he has the courage or he just simply doesn't care.  Our players are going to get hurt, especially QB because they know it won't get called against Zach.  

Show must go on....

Roger McMahon.gif

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

He is just sad his Daniel Jones looks like sh*t and needs to take it out on someone. 

Bro what's your problem? We get it. You nut all over Zack Wilson photos on the regular and get mortally offended when anyone calls out the Jets for being exactly what they are - a sh*tty organization with a sh*tty QB,  a sh*tty GM, and a sh*tty HC. If you don't like hearing contrarian views to your own, I would suggest you find a better way to spend your free time.   

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

39 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

Bro what's your problem? We get it. You nut all over Zack Wilson photos on the regular and get mortally offended when anyone calls out the Jets for being exactly what they are - a sh*tty organization with a sh*tty QB,  a sh*tty GM, and a sh*tty HC. If you don't like hearing contrarian views to your own, I would suggest you find a better way to spend your free time.   

I don't like Zach Wilson I just don't understand the hate.... 

You hate this team so much... Why are you here? 

You are the one that brought up Jones being a great QB, not me and since then Zach has improved to a better QB than your beloved Jones and you can't accept it or here the retailation to your own comparison... Because God forbid you are actually wrong and you aren't as good of a scout/gm/coach as you think you are... 

You are amongst the worst type of fans this fanbase has... You bitch about everything without warrant. 

Get a life 

3 minutes ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

I don't like Zach Wilson I just don't understand the hate.... 

You hate this team so much... Why are you here? 

You are the one that brought up Jones being a great QB, not me and since then Zach has improved to a better QB than your beloved Jones and you can't accept it or here the retailation to your own comparison... Because God forbid you are actually wrong and you aren't as good of a scout/gm/coach as you think you are... 

You are amongst the worst type of fans this fanbase has... You bitch about everything without warrant. 

Get a life 

NEVER said Jones was a GREAT QB. I simply said he's better than Zack Wilson. It's one thing to disagree with me, but when you make sh*t up to suit your narrative, that's where I have a problem. 

And as far as "bitching about everything without warrant," are you f'n high???? Have you been watching this team for the last decade? It seems that YOU are actually the worst type of fan. You bow to your team and the players you like with ZERO objectivity and get butt hurt when you get called out on it  like the ridiculously ignorant fanboy that you are.  

And telling me to get a life when YOU are the clown who has negatively responded to the last dozen or so post's I've made and have thumbs down'd at least twice that many is comical. Get in your clown car and drive off to the next Zack Wilson suck off festival.  GTFOOH. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

14 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

NEVER said Jones was a GREAT QB. I simply said he's better than Zack Wilson. It's one thing to disagree with me, but when you make sh*t up to suit your narrative, that's where I have a problem. 

And as far as "bitching about everything without warrant," are you f'n high???? Have you been watching this team for the last decade? It seems that YOU are actually the worst type of fan. You bow to your team and the players you like with ZERO objectivity and get butt hurt when you get called out on it  like the ridiculously ignorant fanboy that you are.  

And telling me to get a life when YOU are the clown who has negatively responded to the last dozen or so post's I've made and have thumbs down'd at least twice that many is comical. Get in your clown car and drive off to the next Zack Wilson suck off festival.  GTFOOH. 

I have never made anything up.... I even showed stats proving how you were wrong and choose to ignore... 

Continue with your DJ love... He is so dreamy... The next great HOF giants QB... 

butthurt GIF

2 hours ago, Greensleeves said:

Saleh gave the refs so much hell after the pivotal holding call on Sauce vs. the Chiefs that he got flagged for it (at least he was smart enough to wait to go over the top with it until the game was effectively over) - and what did it change?  If Zach, Saleh, or any Jet gets all over an official, there will be 15 negative yards of "unsportsmanlike conduct" tacked onto the already bad play.

If these were refs going rogue on their own, there might be some hope that the NFL would root it out and fix it.  But since the directive logically seems to be coming from the top, there will be no effort to hold refs accountable, and no hope for teams that are on the wrong side of the narrative.  If you're Tom Brady, you can give refs a look that will draw a flag, but if you're Zach Wilson, you can't fight City Hall.