Mekhi against the Broncos

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Pretty sure it was the elevation and he was having a hard time catching his breathe too. 

If he survives the Eagles game, it will carrying him through week 7, and that's more than we expected. He deserves credit for showing up this year, regardless of his personal interests (contract year). 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

Becton worked hard to restore his career, new baby girl… have to respect that.

But they cannot pay him franchise tackle money because the team will hold its breath every time he makes a wince face and limps off the field, which happens a lot with Becton.  

This is a contract year and he let himself go once already.  

We can root for him, I certainly will, but probably a bad business decision to rely on him again at such a crucial position.  

7 hours ago, BCJet said:

I honestly dont understand this line of thinking.

Can  you tell us who any other teams swing tackle is?  We invested a 4th round pick in a developmental OT last year who had great metrics but needed a year or 2 to gain NFL weight and develop - isnt that exactly what we hes done?  Do you think we should just pick OTs in the first round and stockpile them in case of injury?

Injuries happen, you need to develop depth through the use of middle round picks and 3rd tier free agents.  Isnt that what we did here?

Sure. No problem. Keep playing Mitchell.  It will be fun watching Zach run all over the backfield. 

• Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, BCJet said:

I honestly dont understand this line of thinking.

Can  you tell us who any other teams swing tackle is?  We invested a 4th round pick in a developmental OT last year who had great metrics but needed a year or 2 to gain NFL weight and develop - isnt that exactly what we hes done?  Do you think we should just pick OTs in the first round and stockpile them in case of injury?

Injuries happen, you need to develop depth through the use of middle round picks and 3rd tier free agents.  Isnt that what we did here?

Totally agree. Billy Turner, Max Mitchell and Carter Warren as backup OTs is much better depth than most teams have at OT.

• Upvote 1

JD's first draft class showing out the last few weeks.  Davis had an INT and a PD vs. Pat Mahomes.  Bryce Hall w/ the scoop and score to seal the game.  Mekhi Becton is one of the best LT's in the league.

HATERS DONT KNOW sh*t!!!!!!!!  I KNEW IT ALL ALONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha 1