Justin Jefferson to IR

shuler82

3 minutes ago, hawk said:

I like Kirk Cousins but can the Jets even take on another $7 Million without mortgaging another player who may not be in the future plans.

Davis Mills.  That's your target, IMO.

We’re currently just under $7M in cape space this morning.  

As a Garrett Wilson fantasy owner I’m intrigued, but how much does Cousins move the needle with W/L?  

Jets bye is next week, followed by the Giants game, so the timing is right for a move if the Jets plan to make one.   

Yeah I don't see it either.  I think this is the Zach show the rest of the way.  They're trying to save their investment, and Zach has basically 12 games left to prove he's worthy of getting his 5th year option picked up, and ultimately a new contract after that.  Especially now with AVT going down, it doesn't make much sense to me to pay premium assets for a rental QB.

It's Zach's season.  If he sucks, or even if he's average, IMO he's gone next year.  They're going to see it through though.  Right or wrong.  Keep those assets and use them to strengthen whatever areas need to be strengthened for Rodgers' return(WR2, OT - if Mitchell doesn't take that job by the end of the year, LB to replace Mosley, S to replace Whitehead unless they bring him back, DT to pair with Quinnen...oh, and Zach's replacement, if he's gone, which is probably what I'm expecting to happen at this point).  

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

As a Garrett Wilson fantasy owner I’m intrigued, but how much does Cousins move the needle with W/L?  

Jets bye is next week, followed by the Giants game, so the timing is right for a move if the Jets plan to make one.   

It won't happen, but yes, the time is now.  Regardless of who it is.  

The Jets also have to be concerned for Zach Wilson Injury.  He has been out significant time both years.  No one in that building wants either of the other guys in there.  

Not a cousins fan and really don’t want him but I can’t ignore putting him on this team more than likely gets us in the playoffs

He prob wins a first round playoff game and then does something absolutely stupid to cost us the game in the second round and break our hearts

so in other words - he is a perfect fit

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

They seem really attached to the Zach project. 

I don't see them looking to bring anyone else in - it's sink or swim with Zach.

Sink - we get a better draft pick, and can confidently move on from Zach as a "project" knowing that he got more than a fair shot at making it work

Swim - we might squeak the playoffs, at worst we find out what Zach's ceiling as a backup / borderline starter contender, and any associated trade value

Though knowing the Jets, we'll manage to "sink" but still cling to the belief that Zach is "developing" and next year will be the year he puts it all together. Especially with Robo-Rodgers coming back surgically repaired and indestructible for 2024. ;-)

• Upvote 1

Could care less about Cousins. Not giving up any capital for him. 

Jets already made their bed at QB. Not sure why this is so hard to understand. It will be the Zach show moving forward and if he implodes to the point of being unplayable it will be Seimian's show. Let the chips fall where they may

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

Jets already made their bed at QB. Not sure why this is so hard to understand. It will be the Zach show moving forward and if he implodes to the point of being unplayable it will be Seimian's show. Let the chips fall where they may

I refuse to accept this. I'm sick and tied of accepting mediocrity (being generous).  The Jets have a punchers chance to make the playoffs with their defense and running game, so if we can bring in a legit QB to get us there, hell f'n yes, GO FOR IT!

• Post of the Week 1

12 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

I refuse to accept this. I'm sick and tied of accepting mediocrity (being generous).  The Jets have a punchers chance to make the playoffs with their defense and running game, so if we can bring in a legit QB to get us there, hell f'n yes, GO FOR IT!

I guess......unless your name is Joe Douglas what other choice do you have? 

I get it though......I wanted a viable option at QB too. If it we're up to me I would have signed Minshew to be QB 2 for less than 5mil......but I'm not Joe Douglas.....what the Jets decide to do is out of my control. I can either stop watching/supporting or hope for the best possible outcome....thats the only choice I have 🤷‍♂️

• Upvote 1

Kirk cousins

14 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Cousins will not be a jet and it has nothing to do w/ if the Jets want him or not.  Cousins is the starting qb in Minnesota and will be for the rest of the year.  This idea that teams are going to trade their starting qb who is playing well is stupid.

Where do people get these dumb takes from?

KIRK COUSINS

1 hour ago, carlito1171 said:

*couldn't care less

it's couldn't care less

if you could care less it would mean you have some level of care right now 

when you couldn't care less it means you have no level of care, aka give zero ****s.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

They are. 

I think they would have had to get killed by KC and then lose in Denver for them to make a move. 

I think once we almost beat KC with Zach playing well on national TV, Zach was cemented as the guy for the rest of the year. 

Honestly, the most likely way Zach doesn't finish the season is via injury. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, shuler82 said:

The Vikings plan has fallen right into the path I thought it would. Jefferson is an added bonus (not rooting for his injury) it just adds more gas to the dismantling the Vikings fire.

Only problem is Zach has showed “growth” and messed it up per usual.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Cousins will not be a jet and it has nothing to do w/ if the Jets want him or not.  Cousins is the starting qb in Minnesota and will be for the rest of the year.  This idea that teams are going to trade their starting qb who is playing well is stupid.

Where do people get these dumb takes from?

Because the Vikings are 1-4 and staring at a lost season with JJ headed to IR?

I don't think it's happening either with the Jets, but the Vikings would be foolish to not entertain trade offers.

In fact, they should be the ones making the calls.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I don't think there's much of a chance we actually do it but I'd love to see them do it if they could get him for a 4th or something. Cut Cook to free up a little space.

I’d do a 4th for Cousins in a heartbeat. This team’s window is now. Zach gets us nowhere. 

• Upvote 3

44 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The vikings coach and gm need to win games.  I love how Jet fans think everyone just wants to tank.

These guys could very well lose their job with a 3-14 season.

Cousins is going nowhere.

Or, the coach and GM get assurance from the owner that it’s a lost season and they start building for the future right now. Selling Cousins puts them right in the Caleb Williams/Drake Maye sweepstakes.

1 hour ago, PS17 said:

Or, the coach and GM get assurance from the owner that it’s a lost season and they start building for the future right now. Selling Cousins puts them right in the Caleb Williams/Drake Maye sweepstakes.

Once upon a time Woody promised Mangini (who didn’t want any part of Favre) that his job was safe regardless of how the Favre experiment turned out. Then the collapse happened after starting 8-3 . . .