Hack called a terrible game in Denver

I know after the chiefs game we were all excited, finally we had a good game plan and zach played well. Then we get Denver, a chance to show it was not a fluke.

But is seems the coaching was a fluke. We went back to the same dumb run only concepts, sure B hall is amazing so he dominated but we dont play denver every week, who we almost lost to. We are going to play the Eagles and they sure as hell are going to be ready for the highly predictable play calling and I am afriad that our dear coaching staff, are going to trot out the same ole same ol, game plan we have seen for most of our games.

Zach has been much better but lets face it he is still zach and still worst qb playing. Now i will accept we were in the red zone and maybe if a couple penalties dont happen we should have been able to score, butI dont think that is really exactly right. 

Look I like this whole zach is better narrative alot, he is better, but man oh man if you want to set up your team for failure go ahead and demand perfect D play, and tread water waiting for breece to break a 70 yarder.

We need hack to call a good game agin like in KC. push down the field. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 4
  • More Ugh 1

I would agree that with the effectiveness of the running game Hackett
should've called more play action passes.  But I wonder if the opponent
played into his thought process.  Against KC you know you have to be
aggressive and score points, with DEN being bad he probably just wanted
to drain the clock.  With PHI coming in I would expect to see more of a
KC game plan because they're explosive

• Upvote 2

we have one of the top 3 or maybe even the best RB in Hall. he should get alot of carries. now that he showed hes back to full strength defense's are going to key on him and force Zach to beat them. 

the thing i want to see from Hack this week is run the ball alot and play action pass. we should be making the defense think Hall is getting the ball on every down. so the play action should help open up the field for Zach to do good passing it. 

if im Hack i pass it on the 1st 4 plays and 10 out of the 1st 15 cause everyone in the world will expect Hall to get it like 5 times straight. 

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

Zach had 99% touch in the KC game but vs Denver he reverted to putting too much zip on the ball when under pressure.  So maybe Hack simply made mid game adjustment.   

Thin air in Denver will cause the ball to travel. It's really hard for QB's who are coming from sea-level to adjust. Same reason the kick-offs were outside the back of the end-zone.

• Sympathy 1

25 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Hackett hid the QB as well as anyone could, which is never an easy task I’m the current version of the NFL.  And he had no choice.  He did the most he could with the personnel available.

But sure.  Let’s continue the 2-decade JN tradition of blaming the OC for sh*t QB play.  Seems like it’s been an effective argument totally not disproven by data and stuff. 

Hide a QB with 70% completes

Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I know after the chiefs game we were all excited, finally we had a good game plan and zach played well. Then we get Denver, a chance to show it was not a fluke.

But is seems the coaching was a fluke. We went back to the same dumb run only concepts, sure B hall is amazing so he dominated but we dont play denver every week, who we almost lost to. We are going to play the Eagles and they sure as hell are going to be ready for the highly predictable play calling and I am afriad that our dear coaching staff, are going to trot out the same ole same ol, game plan we have seen for most of our games.

Zach has been much better but lets face it he is still zach and still worst qb playing. Now i will accept we were in the red zone and maybe if a couple penalties dont happen we should have been able to score, butI dont think that is really exactly right. 

Look I like this whole zach is better narrative alot, he is better, but man oh man if you want to set up your team for failure go ahead and demand perfect D play, and tread water waiting for breece to break a 70 yarder.

So we ran the ball with great success and Hackett called a bad game. 

Got it

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Disagree brother on the "terrible" aspect of your title. If instead, your approach would be: "Hackett still needs to do better", I would be with you 100%.

• Upvote 3

It is funny being a Jets fan. This fan base is so quick to judge. 

Hack called a terrible game, huh? 

Forget the numerous videos circulating showing receivers open that were missed either because of reads from Wilson or pressure, but let's also forget that the offense had 400+ yards and scored 24 points, even being 0-5 in the red zone. 

Logic doesn't play a role in this fan base. Just blame the next guy.... 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, FactsOnly said:

Hide a QB with 70% completes

Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

You guys sure are obsessed with completion % when the best Zach can do with any consistency is throw check down passes against the worst D in the NFL because he can't make NFL throws average QBs are expected to make.

You know...the same types of checkdown throws the Mike White haters loved to criticize him about.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Zachtomims47 said:

He needs to speed it up. Prob coulda hit Wilson earlier too to give him a chance. 

He can’t, that’s the problem.  Brain processing speed is impossible to fix.  Through immense training things can get a little better but there will always be a low ceiling on his ability to make decisions out there.  This is neurophysiological stuff we’re talking about that just isn’t there for him.  

As @jgb puts it:  Slow brain disease.  Lots of QBs have had it and nearly all of those QBs have failed.  

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1