Vikings work out McCoy

kevinc855

7 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Pretzel man, did you read the article, They dumped their practice squad trash and their backup has an injury. Cousins will not be a jet.

Quote from the article

"This probably doesn't mean anything regarding Cousins and a possible trade. Backup Nick Mullens is still dealing with a lower-back injury, and the Vikings released ex-Gopher Tanner Morgan from their practice squad on Tuesday."

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, jetblue95 said:

nick mullens was just put on the IR, so if the vikings trade cousins in the next 4 weeks, their starting QB will be jaren hall, a 5th round pick (out of BYU ironically), or sean mannion.

they would be in complete tank for caleb mode

I'm an idiot for not trading Justin Jefferson 3 weeks ago when the Cousins / tanking rumors started.

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

“Cousins to Garrett Wilson for the TOUCHDOWWWWWNNNNNNN and the Jets now trail the Dolphins by 27.”

i have both on my fantasy team, so i'll take it

and it's better than "zach wilson throws the ball juuuuuuust outside the reach of of a wide open garrett wilson, and the jets turn it over on downs, trailing by 35...

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Green Truth said:

Nobody is selling the future assets for Cousins. It would have to be a player swap and a late round pick, Just to lose in the playoffs. Teams are better off doing what they are doing and tank.

Cousins Makes the Jets better, but does not have the juice to get to a bowl.

F uck that. I want to enjoy watching this team on Sundays. If we lose in the divisional round but go 10-7 with some great football I’ll take it. I hate watching this team with Zach Wilson. 

• Upvote 1

Anyone that thinks that the Jets are bringing in a QB please punch yourself in the balls. 

I told y’all they were bringing in an emergency QB and that is what they did. 

QB shopping has ceased

the reason they couldn’t get anyone better than simien is there is no path to replacing Rodgers or Zach   

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Green Truth said:

Nobody is selling the future assets for Cousins. It would have to be a player swap and a late round pick, Just to lose in the playoffs. Teams are better off doing what they are doing and tank.

Cousins Makes the Jets better, but does not have the juice to get to a bowl.

Playoffs.....

Wilson may not get us there

6 minutes ago, PS17 said:

F uck that. I want to enjoy watching this team on Sundays. If we lose in the divisional round but go 10-7 with some great football I’ll take it. I hate watching this team with Zach Wilson. 

At the moment Jets have 5 picks next year and no 2nd rounder. You giving up a 3rd rounder to make it to the playoffs and lose. Better off rolling the dice with Zippy and maybe catch lightning in a bottle. The year was lost once 8 went down and there is no saving it.

• Sympathy 1

46 minutes ago, pointman said:

I have hated Cousins since he was RG3's understudy. I hated him when he pretended to be interested in coming here. I hated him when he went to Minnesota aye, and I especially hate when he smiles like a nice guy but its really him hiding a secret. Douche!

Agree on every single point, but he can take this team to the playoffs. Is it wrong for Jets fans to want to watch meaningful football games in the 2nd half of a season? If they're really gonna move him, JD has to get in on that conversation.  

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Brady's a catcher said:

So tired of incompetent QB play but why would Minn trade Cousins for a, say 4th and 6th? That's about all I'm giving up. It is tempting though just to not have to watch Zach anymore...

They would only do it if they're tanking and don't want to re-sign him. He's in the last year of his deal and maybe they want something in this draft for him instead of waiting for 2025 comp pick. An added bonus of trading him to the Jets would be hurting their rival by making the Rodgers draft pick they get worse (assuming we win more w/cousins). Could offer them a 5th plus the comp pick we get when he walks which would be a 2025 pick. It's more/sooner draft capital than they'd get under the current path.

7 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

Agree on every single point, but he can take this team to the playoffs. Is it wrong for Jets fans to want to watch meaningful football games in the 2nd half of a season? If they're really gonna move him, JD has to get in on that conversation.  

Serious question. So the idea is to get Cousins and then what? 1 year rental? Move on from AARon? What is the longer term idea behind a move like that?

43 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Playoffs.....

Wilson may not get us there

The issue is that Kirk Cousins isn't going to come to a team as a one year rental to play in ARod's shadow. If Rodgers was retiring and the Jets were willing to give Cousins a multi-year contract, I think it would be a no-brainer for him and us.

I don't see him being interested in keeping the seat warm for Aaaron Rodgers for 12 games. 

And on top of that, you have several NFL insiders saying the Vikings are unlikely to trade him at all

• Upvote 2