2023/2024 LETS GO RANGERS!!!

TBJ

14 hours ago, TBJ said:

Fox partners with Brooklyn Bagel, to create content series with company

Rangers defenseman will also have special sandwich named after him

https://www.nhl.com/news/topic/short-shifts/new-york-rangers-adam-fox-partners-with-brooklyn-bagel

"The Foxy".... I love it.

Surprises so far this year.

NY Rangers... I thought they would take a step back and they still might but right now things are looking really good.  At least so far.  I think the blue line addition of Gustavsson and getting Quick as the backup goaltender were stellar moves by the front office.

Overall team defense under the new coaching staff has been excellent.

Washington Capitals... Much better than I thought they would be.  They just blanked Las Vegas tonight.

Pittsburgh Penguins... Not dead yet!

Edmonton Oilers... Just a underperforming  team on a badly assembled roster.  I wonder how long they give it before trading either McDavid or Draisaitl?

I am sure there are surprises but right now those are the ones that spring to mind

Dallas, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia and Boston next up on the schedule so we should get some idea about what the Rangers are once we get through that stretch.

So far to be honest it has been winning while not looking all that good and generally being stingy defensively.  Not many games have been dominating performances by the Rangers so I think the team still has quite a bit of upside to go.

When the dust settles at the end of the year the playoff seeding does not care if you got 2 points in October or in April so banking a bunch of wins now will stand us in good stead later on.  Looking at the Metro I expect a real dog fight all year which will only get more brutal as teams scramble to make the playoffs towards the end.  If we can stand above all of that a little bit as a result of a strong start then so much the better.

image.png.568d0ce90ffb2c108043b0c03bbe2255.png

• Upvote 1

Team did not play a complete game.  Up 2-0 late in the 2nd and Vesey (I think) makes an unwise cross ice pass attempt in the offensive zone which was intercepted and lead to a 3 on 1 going the other way.  Instant 2-1 at the 2nd intermission.  3rd period was not a normal Rangers 3rd period.

Anyhow we are in Pittsburgh next and this is far from an automatic win.

Foxy skating already.  Maybe when he is back we might want to look at Gustavsson to anchor the 2nd PP unit. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, TBJ said:

Rangers win 1-0

Laffy with the GWG

Quick with the SO

Quick is aging like a fine wine.  There may be some bumps as Igor gets back into the swing but longer term the way Quick is playing is only going to make Igor come out even stronger.

11/29 is the first date that Fox can come back.

As well as Panarin has started the year, for me the Rangers MVP so far has been Vincent Trocheck.  He has been all world through the first 17 games.

• Upvote 1

Other teams knocking each other off leaving a real dogfight below us in the Metropolitan right now.  Bruins tomorrow.  If we win in regulation (big if) then I think the Rangers will have the best record in the league.  Still #1 overall plays #3 overall tomorrow.  A good test.  1 PM at MSG

image.png.4faa1c38f05ee54c7c041f1204029150.png

image.png.5e599e816bcc2bd01d9ba9bb3875eaed.png

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TBJ said:

Rangers win 3-2

Goals from Miller and Vesey in the 3rd to win it!

33 points, most in the NHL. (16-4-1)

Panarin scored and now has 30 points in 20 games.

Rangers have not lost 2 in a row this season.

And welcome back Adam Fox

• Upvote 1

This team looks like a team that could make a deep post season run right now.

Lose Fox for a bunch of games they don't skip a beat.

Panarin is playing maybe the best hockey of his career.

This makes me much more happier than having the watch the drek we have watch from the guys in green and white

• Upvote 1