Looking at the Jets vs Eagles Betting Line

JetNation

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

That win is not blinding me at all.  We are not a good football team right now.

The Eagles coming out flat, over looking us and having a stinker doesnt have anything to do with how good we are.

What makes you think they are coming flat? I bet half of the stadium will be filled with Eagles fans.  

I said it last week, we should win against the Broncos, but that's the highest ceiling that I am giving them, a team of the same caliber. However, it is a total different story with the Eagles and it is going to be ugly in front of the home crowd. Don't underestimate this team. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Bronx said:

What makes you think they are coming flat? I bet half of the stadium will be filled with Eagles fans.  

I said it last week, we should win against the Broncos, but that's the highest ceiling that I am giving them, a team of the same caliber. However, it is a total different story with the Eagles and it is going to be ugly in front of the home crowd. Don't underestimate this team. 

Cause the Eagles are going to lose 3 games this year and 2 of them will be to teams that are inferior to them.  That is how the nfl works.  And I think that happens this Sunday.

17 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Cause the Eagles are going to lose 3 games this year and 2 of them will be to teams that are inferior to them.  That is how the nfl works.  And I think that happens this Sunday.

Counterpoint:

The Patriots are going to win 2 total games this year and they are going to be against the NY Jets. 

• Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

This seemed like a loss even with Rodgers on the schedule.

I suspect It will be a rough Sunday, but maybe the guys will play balls out knowing we’ll have a bye after to recover.

Hell no. We had a good chance to beat any time with rodgers. But maybe zach has another fluke game in him, instead of very bad play we have seen in 2+ years. 

6 minutes ago, Bronx said:

Counterpoint:

The Patriots are going to win 2 games this year and they are going to be against the NY Jets. 

I don’t see how they lose to the giants. End of yr rodgers may be back, or finally had enough of Zach and go to bench or trade. If Zach is still qb probably lose again to pats 4th straight game we easily should have won. No zach and odds go up a lot for jets.

9 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

I don’t see how they lose to the giants. End of yr rodgers may be back, or finally had enough of Zach and go to bench or trade. If Zach is still qb probably lose again to pats 4th straight game we easily should have won. No zach and odds go up a lot for jets.

Nobody would have predicted Victor Cruz would salsa 99 yards into the end zone either.

Can't take anything for granted with the Jets.

Saleh is gutless in key moments, too, whereas Daboll is (literally 🙂 and figuratively) not gutless.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

5-11 for the 2023 offseeason super bowel champs! 

39 minutes ago, Ron Rico said:

It's so predictable:

The Jets will go 3 and out on the first possession.

The Jets will never have a lead.

Every Jets possession in the second half will result in a 3rd and long which will of course translate not into a first down but a punt, or an INT or fumble. 

Sometime late in the 4th Jets D or special teams will score a TD that makes it interesting, but the Jets final possession will end with the Jets 4 and 27, Zach will scramble for 4 or 5 seconds 15 yards behind the LOS and take a sack. 

Philly 24 Jets 17 

Or if the Eagles get the ball, they'll march down for a TD before ZW even steps on the field.  That's been the defense's MO in recent weeks (prior to the Denver game)

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Bronx said:

5-11 for the 2023 offseeason super bowel champs! 

If I were the Jets, I would reach out to the old guy whose teeth dropped vs NE and offer him free denture grip for life.

The least they can do.

Or gift him one of these:

https://www.fastcompany.com/90753069/after-smart-homes-and-smart-rings-meet-can-go-the-worlds-smartest-cane

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

The line should be about 17 points.

This has epic trouncing written all over it.

i just watched all 22 vs Broncos and it's gross how Zach misses wide-open targets - not seeing the field 

Tyler Conklin could have had a George Kittle like 3TD stat line  

He's a one read QB and that's not going to get it done against Philly 

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, bitonti said:

i just watched all 22 vs Broncos and it's gross how Zach misses wide-open targets - not seeing the field 

Tyler Conklin could have had a George Kittle like 3TD stat line  

He's a one read QB and that's not going to get it done against Philly 

That's why it's so tough to judge our WRs and TEs.

We know Garrett could already have 7 TDs on the season.

But we might not realize how well Allen Lazard is playing.  He's been getting open, much shiftier route runner than I expected.  

Gipson, Conklin, Ruckert .... these are all guys who might be a lot better than we even realize.  

• Upvote 1

On 10/12/2023 at 8:00 AM, TuscanyTile2 said:

I like the optimism but, realistically, we're going to get our butts kicked on Sunday.

You see, I disagree with you.  I'm not going to guarantee a win, because I feel the Jets have yet to learn how to win consistently.  But the Jsts will go toe-to-toe with the Eagles on Sunday, and the game will be contested probably until the end.

The Jets have a puncher's chance to win the game outright, but this will be a hard fought game on both sides.  The Jets are beginning to jell, and the oddsmakers are beginning to recognize that as well.  

My prediction:  Jets will win by 1 point.  24-23.

• Upvote 1

On 10/12/2023 at 12:09 PM, Bronx said:

I hope that I am 100% wrong, but the Eagles are going to stump us.  A glorified, overhyped and overrated victory over the lowly and most atrocious defense in the NFL has many of you blind.  We could not even score a GOD DAMN TD on 5 occasions in the red zone! WTF.

Now from all of the sudden, we become this super team! LMAO  We are playing the cream of the crop and we will find out the true core of this team on Sunday, book it!

Bad tackling and penalties. Missed open receivers and holding to the ball. Breece stuffed in the line of scrimmage,

Eagles romp and stay undefeated 42-20. 

Its Happening Ron Paul GIF

What a miserable life you have. 

jets have momentum and confidence.  not to mention covering 2 consecutive weeks.   i don't like betting against a streak.  defense could easily keep them in the game.   even with improved play in the last two how much was false?  KC should have covered and without those turnovers the jets might of lost big.   the bronc game was better as their defense gave up big chunks on the ground to the jets, yet denver was still in it until the end.  i don't think i would bet phil in this spot as they really haven't played top, top.  it's either the jets or nothing.  phil just seems like a team that's begging to lose a game

34 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You would think a gambler would be aware of the “hot hand fallacy”.

i'm well aware of that.   it's just a positive variable i like having on my side.  many astute gamblers never like betting against a streak.  you don't ask or expect a team to do something they haven't done already.

facts are the jets are trending up and have played much better the last two weeks.

9 minutes ago, gastineau_intestinal_tract said:

i'm well aware of that.   it's just a positive variable i like having on my side.  many astute gamblers never like betting against a streak.  you don't ask or expect a team to do something they haven't done already.

facts are the jets are trending up and have played much better the last two weeks.

But that’s already baked into the spread based on betting trends.  The Jets can be improving and still will get smoked today.  2 things can be true at once.