NY Jets biggest dead weight

Bronx

No, it is not Burned Cook.

Green Bay Packers receiver Randall Cobb ruled out for Lions game

Look at him steam rolling!!!!

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CobbRa00.htm#:~:text=6%3A49-,2023 Game Logs,0,-Next Game%3A

Do you like the reference Daddy Barry @Barry McCockinner?

Photo of Randall Cobb

Randall Cobb

Randall Ladonald Cobb II  (RC)

Position: WR Throws: Left

5-10192lb (178cm, 87kg)

Team: New York Jets

Born: August 22, 1990 in Maryville, TN (Age: 33-051d)

College: Kentucky  (College Stats)

I like Buffalo's video on this issue.

• WTF? 2
  • More Ugh 1

35 minutes ago, jbt said:

Cobb would be better if Rodgers was playing.  Since he is not, Hardman needs to play

We can say that about every single receiver and tight end on this team. To counterpoint, he is sucking with Wilson while others are maintaining a good reputation--even if they are small samples--the basics, which Cobb is failing miserably. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

The "veteran mentor" signings rarely work out.

When it's obvious older dudes can't play any more but you still want them around this this kind of role, just add them to the coaching staff.

Coaching salaries don't count against the cap.

Like it was similarly ridiculous paying Josh McCown 10M to be a "player-coach" for Darnold.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, JiF said:

1000000% the dead weight on this team is Cook.  He is an awful awful awful Football player.

They are both useless. Cobb dropped the hail mary as well  Let the younger players show and give them a break, Cobb is done. 

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, JiF said:

Cobb isnt here to catch 50+ passes and be a consistent threat.  He was here for Rodgers to have a reliable 3rd down target.  34 catches last year, 19 went for first down, the year before, 21 of his 24 went for 1st downs.  That was his role in the offense and exactly why he brought to the Jets.  He's caught 3 balls, 2 went for first down.  He's a veteran who knows where to go in the system to move the chains, that is now worthless because Zach Wilson.

1000000% the dead weight on this team is Cook.  He is an awful awful awful Football player. 

I agree.

They both suck.

This blind loyalty to Cobb is keeping Gipson and Hardman off the field though.

Cook isn't going to keep Breece from get 15 to 20+ touches moving forward.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, ScarletKnight89 said:

Cobb's spot is safe cause of Aaron Rodgers. Rodgers will probably want to throw to him next year too because he didn't get to this year. Is what it is. 

Hardman should be playing over him. 

Fuk Rodgers! 

• Sympathy 1
  • Ugh 1

10 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

I agree.

They both suck.

This blind loyalty to Cobb is keeping Gipson and Hardman off the field though.

Cook isn't going to keep Breece from get 15 to 20+ touches moving forward.

Meh, I dont think he's keeping Gipson off the field, they played the same number of snaps last week.  Hardman?  There is obviously something much deeper going on there.  

And it's not so much taking snaps away from Breece, its Michael Carter who he's taking snaps from who is clearly 1000x better player than Cook and looks like he has his pop/tackle breaking power back.

• Upvote 1

Cook seemed a smart move, especially, with the questions around how soon Breece would be 100%  Cobb is Rodgers guy.  He had a 68% catch percentage, last year.  Film shows Zach doesn't look for him and he has been open at times.

We complain that Zach doesn't get the ball to his weapons.  He certainly looks for Garrett, Breece and Conklin.  He's found Lazard and Uzamah.  Cook is the guy Rodgers finds as his 3rd or 4th read.  Zach seldom gets that far.

Cook started the season without preseason conditioning.  He looks slow.  Now that Breece is back, he should be the featured back, and was against Denver.  As Cook gets into peak condition, there is room for him to be a solid second weapon.

Things aren't always as simple as they look.  Unless you find better players to take the roster spot, they should stay.  

They have adjusted Cooks carries now that Breece is healthy.  They should reduce Cobbs snaps if he is not producing.

I do not believe Hardman is not playing because there are no snaps available.  There is something going on there. Do we actually believe Hardman's explosion plays have no role on an offense that was 1 or 2 big plays away from beating the Patriots and Chiefs and barely beat the Bills and Broncos?

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Bronx said:

No, it is not Burned Cook.

Green Bay Packers receiver Randall Cobb ruled out for Lions game

Look at him steam rolling!!!!

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CobbRa00.htm#:~:text=6%3A49-,2023 Game Logs,0,-Next Game%3A

Do you like the reference Daddy Barry @Barry McCockinner?

Photo of Randall Cobb

Randall Cobb

Randall Ladonald Cobb II  (RC)

Position: WR Throws: Left

5-10192lb (178cm, 87kg)

Team: New York Jets

Born: August 22, 1990 in Maryville, TN (Age: 33-051d)

College: Kentucky  (College Stats)

I like Buffalo's video on this issue.

The biggest dead weight.

You starting another meaningless thread.

Sorry Bronx I could not resist.

2 hours ago, Bronx said:

Cook is not hindering Breece Hall; Cobb has been the worst player in the team and is hindering Mecole Hardman.  That's the biggest difference, the NY Jets' way of hindering promising players due to politics.

This is AR written all over it! How in the world do we still have Siemen as QB 3 and keeping AR's clipboard manager Boyle as QB#2? Typical NY Jets political BS! 

I think it’s likely that Mecole Hardman just sucks 

Also, if you listened to Saleh on Monday, he flat out said the guy keeping Hardman from seeing the field is Gipson, not Cobb. The team thinks Gipson is a hall of famer compared to Hardman  

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Green Truth said:

The biggest dead weight.

You starting another meaningless thread.

Sorry Bronx I could not resist.

It is not my problem that you dislike my threads, if that's what floats your boat, go ahead! I just don't give a fuk about you or your opinion.

Sorry, I could not resist! LMAO