1JD KC is awesome.

Hal

It's OK. The Coaches can't criticize the "referees", but 1JD could have gone a lot harder on the Bullsh*t that happened. If I was the editor, I would have shown the JJ hold from every angle imaginable, in Slow Motion and had the narrator read the specific definition of Holding from the NFL rulebook...

And then shown the BS Illegal Contact clipped together with how Sauce and the KC DBs were playing all night... and then Show the timing of the flag. 

Kinda weak. The whole "Moral Victory", hard fought loss sh*t is for losers.

• Upvote 4

The other thing that 1JD inadvertently highlighted was the pathetic amount of RED in MLS for the Chiefs game. With the lights on, it looked like a damn KC Home game. 

Meanwhile, the Broncos are absolute TRASH and Mile High is packed with Broncos fans. 

Is it the Stadium? The local fan base? The PSLs? WTF is with that? The juxtaposition was eye opening. 

6 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

It's OK. The Coaches can't criticize the "referees", but 1JD could have gone a lot harder on the Bullsh*t that happened. If I was the editor, I would have shown the JJ hold from every angle imaginable, in Slow Motion and had the narrator read the specific definition of Holding from the NFL rulebook...

And then shown the BS Illegal Contact clipped together with how Sauce and the KC DBs were playing all night... and then Show the timing of the flag. 

Kinda weak. The whole "Moral Victory", hard fought loss sh*t is for losers.

5 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

The other thing that 1JD inadvertently highlighted was the pathetic amount of RED in MLS for the Chiefs game. With the lights on, it looked like a damn KC Home game. 

Meanwhile, the Broncos are absolute TRASH and Mile High is packed with Broncos fans. 

Is it the Stadium? The local fan base? The PSLs? WTF is with that? The juxtaposition was eye opening. 

The Chiefs are a national team - they were two time SB champs with the best player in the world BEFORE the Taylor Swift stuff. Bandwagoners on top of bandwagoners. 

The Broncos are THE team in Colorado (and surrounding states). Everyone out there is a Broncos fan. And they have a great history - lots of winning, 3 rings, 8 SB appearances, countless division titles. Another national team with a rich history of winning. More bandwagoners. 

The Jets are also at a disadvantage playing in the NYC metro area, an area that has Giants and Eagles fans, in addition to all of the random fans who grew up in another part of the country.

And again, with the exception of a few seasons here or there, the Jets have sucked for 50+ years while the Chiefs and Broncos both have had years upon years of division titles and playoff games, playing with all time great QBs (the biggest stars in the sport). The Jets have won two division titles since the merger! LMAO

Basically, we are Jets, the Chiefs are the Chiefs and the Broncos are the Broncos. 

Go Jets!!!!!!!

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Couldn't have been worse than Miami's home games.

I was watching the Fins Giants game this Sunday, HALF the stadium was in BLUE. I couldn't believe it.

Talk about a weak fan base the fish are killing it and playing against a lousy Giants team and still can't fill their stadium!

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, JETS SB said:

Maybe its the Jets fans that have no confidence in the team and sold their tickets to the little girls in their neighborhood for 200 per ticket, who know nothing about football, so they could put on their newly purchased Kelce jerseys and see their idol.

How about maybe we take back out stadium and stop with the "Lets boo Zach Wilson, the minute he touches the ball" mentality and support your ******* team. Just a thought.

Obviously, you weren't there. But I was. Lots of guys were there, in this forum. I saw them. Support your ******* team.

What is it like being the greatest fan of the NY Jets on the planet? 

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, Jetfuel66 said:

I was watching the Fins Giants game this Sunday, HALF the stadium was in BLUE. I couldn't believe it.

Talk about a weak fan base the fish are killing it and playing against a lousy Giants team and still can't fill their stadium!

yeah but except for half inbreds......florida is full of trrasplants

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, JETS SB said:

Maybe its the Jets fans that have no confidence in the team and sold their tickets to the little girls in their neighborhood for 200 per ticket, who know nothing about football, so they could put on their newly purchased Kelce jerseys and see their idol.

How about maybe we take back out stadium and stop with the "Lets boo Zach Wilson, the minute he touches the ball" mentality and support your ******* team. Just a thought.

Obviously, you weren't there. But I was. Lots of guys were there, in this forum. I saw them. Support your ******* team.

To be fair his jersey sales went up 400%. So yeah, prolly. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetfuel66 said:

Florida, especially certain spots, has a similar problem to DC:  almost everyone there is "from somewhere else" and roots FOR someone else.

Not surprised half their stadium was Giants Blue, half of Florida is retired New Yorkers, lol.  

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

NYC is a transplant city. Lots of people move here from around the country so there are lots of fans of [insert team X] in the tri-state area.

Fans who also watched an embarrassing non-competitive loss to the Pats likely didn’t want to sit in traffic until 1am to watch a Zach Wilson QBd team.

15 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Florida, especially certain spots, has a similar problem to DC:  almost everyone there is "from somewhere else" and roots FOR someone else.

Not surprised half their stadium was Giants Blue, half of Florida is retired New Yorkers, lol.  

The stadium is like 40% Jets fans every year when we play them this should surprise nobody.

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

OK.  Here is the deal.  All those extra STH's that were added this season.....   a very large segment thereof were purchased by good ol' ticket brokers (scalpers) and not by fans.  You can see this from the available seating on TM.  You see huge blocks of seats in almost every section of the lower level.  I highly doubt that it is a coincidence that all these different ticket holders within one cluster are deciding not to go to the game.  

I own 3 tickets.  For the KC game, my younger son couldn't go, so I sold my 3 seats early in the week (for an absurdly high price) and bought 2 together in the next section over later in the week (way cheaper, as in $180 per ticket cheaper) by that point).   With the profit we made from the 3 seat sale, I was able to attend with my older son basically for free on the 20 yard line.  Pretty cool.  Also,  I made sure to check who bought my 3 seats.  Yup.  Chiefs fans.  Where I ended up also had plenty of red jerseys.  I think that a lot of the "new" season ticket holders are not true fans, but hopped in to try to make some money on resales.  Just a hunch.

• Upvote 1

The location is complete trash
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I caught that as well. Melissa Starke was kind of like, wtf. And then the 1000 yard stare at the end of it, it was odd. 

I Think he may have been responding to a Chris Collinsworth question during that part of the interview. Collinsworth was on Zoom and it looks like Zach was looking at the Laptop screen.

If not it definitely looked odd.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Just finished it ... Great production value ... Towers above some of the crap they were spewing during the spring/summer.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

When they dim the lights at MetLife & only have the Green and laser lights, it is a very cool scene!  I’ve never been at a night game.

1JD has definitely taken a big step up in production value. The HK competition at the start of the year really got them focused on raising the bar.

• Upvote 1

On 10/13/2023 at 8:23 AM, UntouchableCrew said:

NYC is a transplant city. Lots of people move here from around the country so there are lots of fans of [insert team X] in the tri-state area.

Fans who also watched an embarrassing non-competitive loss to the Pats likely didn’t want to sit in traffic until 1am to watch a Zach Wilson QBd team.

Stub hub has changed the dynamic of home games.  Every stadium gets this now. Maybe besides Lambeau and Buffalo.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Stub hub has changed the dynamic of home games.  Every stadium gets this now. Maybe besides Lambeau and Buffalo.

Agreed.  Maybe a bit more so for teams who are struggling as STHers are more willing to sell.  I was in Denver last week, and while there was not a ton of green in the seats, the Jets chants as we were leaving the stadium were pretty loud and pervasive.  Must suck for the home crowd to be leaving your stadium after yet another loss and Jets chants are everywhere.  But, as I was not a member of the home crowd, I thought it was pretty awesome.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Sure, but you definitely see it more in markets where there are lots of transplants. New York is at the top of this list — tons on tons of people from all around the country move to NY. It’s the center of many industries.

LA is an even more extreme version of this given the Rams and Chargers have weak fanbases to begin with.

You don’t see it in places like Buffalo because nobody moves to Buffalo.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1