Bam Knight Out For The Season

1 hour ago, jetsrule128 said:

Lions’ running back Zonovan “Bam” Knight suffered a season-ending shoulder injury Sunday vs. the Panthers, per sources.

Knight started four games last season for the Jets before signing with the Lions this past summer.

JD should have kept Knight and told Dalvin to go sign up for early Social Security.  Too bad for Bam.  He seemed like a good kid.  Hope he recovers and plays next season.

4 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

Shoulda kept Knight and passed on Cook. Woulda, coulda, shoulda, oh me oh my.   

I think he became expendable when we drafted Izzy, regardless of Cook. 

I think if the Jets thought Bam was a longterm keeper, they would have never drafted izzy. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

It's the typical JETS move. We release Braylon and keep Santonio.  Let Cotch walk.... then bring in Burris.  

Huh?

not trying to trash the guy, but he did almost nothing down the stretch last year, has done nothing this year, and had a horrible preseason. The Jets drafting Izzy was pretty telling. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

It's the typical JETS move. We release Braylon and keep Santonio.  Let Cotch walk.... then bring in Burris.  

Braylon Edwards statistics after the Jets let him walk in 2010 - 69 targets, 33 catches, 380 yards and 1 TD.  Plaxico Burress had 8 TDs.  Cotchery was a good soldier, but he was coming off an injury and didn't really have a resurgence until 2013.  

Likewise, there was nothing wrong with letting Bam go.  The issue was with spending on Cook.  

• Upvote 2

On 10/13/2023 at 8:04 AM, Warfish said:

What we should be doing is playing Izzy at RB2 as much as his health allows (which surely is more than "inactive").

This! Kid can break a long run just like Breece. We lose that ability when Breece comes off the field… makes no sense, unless Izzy blitz awareness limits his playing time. 

Once we get out of the Bye, and the schedule softens, I hope to see Izzy getting all of Cook’s snaps!

• Upvote 2