Caleb Williams' 3 INTs help send USC to loss vs. Notre Dame

Bronx

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/38662101/caleb-williams-3-ints-help-send-usc-loss-vs-notre-dame

Oh Barry!

image.thumb.png.bfebc2399922be83fbac71715846f0c1.png

@Barry McCockinner

SOUTH BEND, Ind. -- By now, USC quarterback Caleb Williams is used to owning every stage he steps on. But as Notre Dame fans jumped over walls and sprinted onto the field in celebration following the Fighting Irish's 48-20 win over their longtime rivals Saturday night, Williams put his head down and made a beeline for the tunnel. Fans shouted at him, and others gleefully recorded videos of his exit. Some even tried to approach him. Williams barely flinched. After one of the worst games of his college career, all the reigning Heisman Trophy winner wanted to do was exit.

No. 10 USC had started the season 6-0 despite struggling to hold on against Arizona and Colorado the last two weeks, but the bill came due for the Trojans against No. 21 Notre Dame on Saturday night. While the defense that had struggled all season did its best to hold its own and show improvement, Williams appeared to be a shell of his usual self, and the offense he usually leads to high scores appeared to hit a wall.

"I made mistakes tonight that I usually don't make," Williams said postgame. "I've been in college for three years now and don't think I've ever had a season or game or anything like that."

2 hours ago, Bronx said:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/38662101/caleb-williams-3-ints-help-send-usc-loss-vs-notre-dame

Oh Barry!

@Barry McCockinner

SOUTH BEND, Ind. -- By now, USC quarterback Caleb Williams is used to owning every stage he steps on. But as Notre Dame fans jumped over walls and sprinted onto the field in celebration following the Fighting Irish's 48-20 win over their longtime rivals Saturday night, Williams put his head down and made a beeline for the tunnel. Fans shouted at him, and others gleefully recorded videos of his exit. Some even tried to approach him. Williams barely flinched. After one of the worst games of his college career, all the reigning Heisman Trophy winner wanted to do was exit.

No. 10 USC had started the season 6-0 despite struggling to hold on against Arizona and Colorado the last two weeks, but the bill came due for the Trojans against No. 21 Notre Dame on Saturday night. While the defense that had struggled all season did its best to hold its own and show improvement, Williams appeared to be a shell of his usual self, and the offense he usually leads to high scores appeared to hit a wall.

"I made mistakes tonight that I usually don't make," Williams said postgame. "I've been in college for three years now and don't think I've ever had a season or game or anything like that."

Dam just like coastal Carolina all over again. 

2 hours ago, Bronx said:

Oh Barry!

@Barry McCockinner

I find Barry Manilow on the same level of creepiness as Mac Jones. 

• Haha 4

Caleb Williams has 23 TD's and 4 INT's on the year. You're going to wish he was a NYJ in about 3 years.
People also said this about the "generational" Sunshine qb that's down in Jacksonville.

He is still not the life changing qb he was purported to be, and this kid won't be either.

Sent from the FOREVER AND EVER Suicide Watch desk.

• Upvote 1

Just now, The Crusher said:

Kinda Cocky B! 

The reason this is a thread is the guy is so good he rarely even throws an INT. In fact, this is only the 2nd time in his college career he's thrown more than 1 INT in a game. He does have 17 3+ TD games though.

He's usually toying with the defense - cocky as hell the way he moves around the pocket. I didn't watch yesterday but good for ND for taking it to him. They should be proud of the accomplishment.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The reason this is a thread is the guy is so good he rarely even throws an INT. In fact, this is only the 2nd time in his college career he's thrown more than 1 INT in a game. He does have 17 3+ TD games though.

He's usually toying with the defense - cocky as hell the way he moves around the pocket. I didn't watch yesterday but good for ND for taking it to him. They should be proud of the accomplishment.

Good thing college QB play translates so well to the NFL typically. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, jetspenguin said:

People also said this about the "generational" Sunshine qb that's down in Jacksonville.

He is still not the life changing qb he was purported to be, and this kid won't be either.

Sent from the FOREVER AND EVER Suicide Watch desk.

And yet there are at least 25 NFL GMs that would push their mother down an escalator to get the sunshine boy.

3 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

I think he’s going to be good in the NFL but the USC thing has to be in the back of scouts minds. It seems like every highly touted USC QB that comes out has this type of performance in them and it especially comes out in the pros 

I'd be very surprised if scouts actually think about previous USC QBs when evaluating the current one. I think it's super derp. They will consider the level of competition for sure but not going to downgrade him because Mark Sanchez. Lulz

• Upvote 3

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

I'd be very surprised if scouts actually think about previous USC QBs when evaluating the current one. I think it's super derp.

I wonder which college is viewed as "produces great QBs".

Michigan: Brady

Notre Dame: Montana

Texas Tech: Mahomes

Pittsburgh: Marino

Purdue: Brees, Purdy

Stanford: Elway

California: Aaron Rodgers

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Caleb Williams has 23 TD's and 4 INT's on the year. You're going to wish he was a NYJ in about 3 years.

Dont stress brah, I'm on your side and we all know how it turns out when I battle the board...just remember, this is the same group of bozo's who were all like Zach Wilson is the greatest prospect ever, that kid from Ohio St, sucks, not only does he go to Ohio St. but also, did you see that Northwestern game? The same ones that chased off that incredible poster, JiF4Lamar yelling at him that he couldnt pass.  The same group of bozo's who yelled at me that Mitch Trubisky is actually the better prospect than Mahomes and Watson.

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Lith said:

I think that depends on who has the pick.  With the NILs in college, it wouldn't shock me if he stays another year.

I agree he could stay another year but the quotes from him and his father are huge red flags for me.