About that offensive line…

Robert

1 minute ago, Robert said:

Seemed ok with 4000 injured players.

sane for the secondary

Maybe JD is smarter than a drunk plumber from

NJ drafting?

The oline was a mess once tippman went out. Sweitzer got pancaked and mitchell gave up some terrible sacks and pressures. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Zack Wilson's indecisiveness, his inability to read a defense, and his lack of awareness to step up in the pocket, scramble, or feel the defensive pressure makes the OL look way worse than it does on its own. Zack is clearly so afraid to make a bad throw that he now just holds the ball way too long, so while his completion percentage has risen, so has his taking ridiculous sacks.  

• Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Considering how good the People Billy defensive front is I was pretty happy with the oline.  Obviously some breakdowns and penalties but missing your top two OL Is tough 

Players are dropping like flies. It's going to take a toll at some point. It did last year.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Robert said:

And

they won 

next 

Well, I watched the game, so I know they won. But thanks. Appreciate the info. 

The point is that with Brown still out, AVT out for the season and now Tippman out, this O-line is struggling. The Jets won but they scored one TD in the game (a gimme by the Eagles, allowing them a shot to drive down the field and win as the game ends). Zach had 186 total passing yards with Zero TDs. Breece had 39 rush yards and a gift TD from the Eagles. 

Sure the Eagles have a great defense. But this o-line struggled to make anything happen. They struggled to protect Zach on a regular basis. They struggled to create run lanes for Breece. They struggled to push the line of scrimmage in short yardage situations. Becton struggled with penalties but held his own overall, Sweitzer looked like he was in over his head, at least when facing Cox. And Mitchell had a tough time keeping up with whoever was attacking him- Sweat, Graham or Reddick (eagles switched things up).

So yeah, the Jets won. And I'm ecstatic.

But the offense, particularly the o-line struggled and needs to A. Get healthy B. Get reinforcements and C. Play better. If you don't think so, you have your head in the sand. This was a close game. The Jets barely won. And it took a MASSIVE defensive effort with 4 turnovers and immaculate special teams play.   

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

I haven't done any research on the data yet, but it seems to me that the Jets aren't the only ones with offensive linemen dropping like flies? Anyone know?

If that's true, I think it speaks to the strength of pass rushing league-wise. It's been a focus of many teams in building, and we're not the only ones rotating guys on the DL right now.

Also if true: it does 2 things. 1) tests your OL depth, which I feel good about relative to other teams, and 2) gives the best DLs (like ours) a bigger advantage over the course of the remainder of the season.

25 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:
  • Sack %:  9.5 (28th)
  • Time to Throw:  2.97 sec (7th) 
  • Pocket Time:  2.0 (t-16th)  

I can make stats look real too!

• Sack %:  5.9 (12th)
  • Time to Throw:  3.2 sec (15th) 
  • Pocket Time:  2.8 (t-24th)  

I’ll even provide some cool graphs and official looking something or other.

North Carolina College GIF by Student Loan Justice

• Haha 1

On 10/15/2023 at 8:40 PM, ChuckkieB said:

Zack Wilson's indecisiveness, his inability to read a defense, and his lack of awareness to step up in the pocket, scramble, or feel the defensive pressure makes the OL look way worse than it does on its own. Zack is clearly so afraid to make a bad throw that he now just holds the ball way too long, so while his completion percentage has risen, so has his taking ridiculous sacks.  

Meanwhile back on the planet Earth they just concluded that he is getting the ball out in 2.75 secs down from the prior sversge of 3 secs