When is the earliest we’ll see Rodgers

Rhg1084

8 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

September 2024

7 minutes ago, GangGreened said:

Opening day in 2024

He’s already out of the boot walking and he’s already told you how he’s trying to prove everyone wrong. If Akers can come back in one season I believe Rodgers can too. I think he’s trying to set a record recovery time. All the team needs to do is get 4 more wins before he returns.

9 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

He’s already out of the boot walking and he’s already told you how he’s trying to prove everyone wrong. If Akers can come back in one season I believe Rodgers can too. I think he’s trying to set a record recovery time. All the team needs to do is get 4 more wins before he returns.

Akers got hurt in August and returned in January. And he’s obviously way younger with a better recovery timeline. We aren’t seeing Rodgers this year. 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, varjet said:

He is motivating the team.   He won’t play until next year.  

Lol no way. He’s not busting his asss rushing his rehab just to “ motivate .” So far he is shattering the steps on the normal recovery. If the D can continue to carry Zach and the O, he’s coming back if jets are still in the hunt. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Lol no way. He’s not busting his asss rushing his rehab just to “ motivate .” So far he is shattering the steps on the normal recovery. If the D can continue to carry Zach and the O, he’s coming back if jets are still in the hunt. 

There is an ocean of difference between lightly walking and playing in the NFL. Breece was running in April and barely made opening day

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, JohnnyLV said:

There is an ocean of difference between lightly walking and playing in the NFL. Breece was running in April and barely made opening day

Breece is also a running back. You are assuming he “ barely “ made opening day. I’d imagine they were being very conservative with him. All I’m saying it’s unheard to be far ahead of schedule as rodgers is. Still a long shot, but I’m sure Vegas is adjusting it’s odds more and more each week.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

There is a good video on YouTube I watched last week. 

Players dependent on explosiveness need to be careful not to stretch the Achilles too much early - but Rodgers can risk it.  

I think Rodgers will be ready by next season.  I think he’s shooting for this year - but I don’t think Mother Nature will allow that.  

12 minutes ago, doitny said:

even if he could come back with a week or 2 left, i dont think he would take the ball from Zach. he is a Zach fan, he will feel bad to take this away from him. he will be back next year.

Are you kidding ? He likes Zach, but obviously he cares about what’s best for team. The team was pumped up seeing him on sidelines. They don’t need to print Aaron rodgers T-shirts, but they are all holding out hope he can make it back. Even Zach has to realize there is no way he is taking the ball from Aaron. That is just ludicrous.

The problem is getting there. Unless the D dominates a few games AND forces the Qb to turn it over, no sense of talking about it. The D HAS to do both, for chance to win some games. Being Zach is the worst qb in NFL history in red zone. Winning enough games with Zach to stay in the hunt is the bigger long shot than if Rodgers could play by playoffs.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Rhg1084 said:

Odds probably was going to change just seeing rodgers throwing. We can only hope D can win enough games to keep jets in hunt. I’m betting game 16 or 17. Definitely by game 17. If we need that win last game against New England, we definitely don’t want Zach in there against BB again.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

12 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Yes.  Whether or not it's realistic that he can come back is a question...But I have no doubt when he says he's coming back - he believes it.   He's sincerely working toward playing this year.

I think it's highly unlikely he'll pull it off - but this isn't simply a motivation thing..

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

There is zero chance the Jets rush Rodgers back this season. Less. Than. Zero.

If Rodgers wants to play Rodgers is playing.

I believe Jets management have shown that whatever Aaron wants, Aaron gets...

Realistically it's unlikely he's coming back - but it will have nothing to do with the Jets not wanting to rush him.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, PS17 said:

Akers got hurt in August and returned in January. And he’s obviously way younger with a better recovery timeline. We aren’t seeing Rodgers this year. 

Pretty sure Rodgers had a new type of surgery with a shorter recovery time.

He’s also a QB who doesn’t need to run for a living. His arm is his money maker unlike Akers

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Yes.  Whether or not it's realistic that he can come back is a question...But I have no doubt when he says he's coming back - he believes it.   He's sincerely working toward playing this year.

I think it's highly unlikely he'll pull it off - but this isn't simply a motivation thing..

It wasn’t realistic he would be out of boot after 3 weeks? Walking around after 4. He’s definitely shattering the recovery steps so far and seems on pace to return end of season if jets are in the hunt as Saleh said. It’s definitely motivating the team, and continue to as he does more and more each week. 

C11526F4-C2A0-4EDF-8A7E-C4F8B7742F0C.png

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

14 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

For some reason I think he’ll be back Christmas Eve game against Washington… fire him up for the home stretch. Hopefully we can get another 4-5 wins by then. 

This is it.  My son was born on Christmas Eve, it will be his first Bday and Rodgers will be bringing him a Christmas miracle that he wont remember so really kind of bringing me a miracle but that's not a cute story, so lets stick w/ the baby angle. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

Lol I love the enthusiasm but not sure what type of sources “Joey Jets” has. However, the fact that Rodgers was on the field throwing before the game is extremely encouraging. I wonder what type of “state of the art” surgery he had. Might be a miracle 

2 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Lol I love the enthusiasm but not sure what type of sources “Joey Jets” has. However, the fact that Rodgers was on the field throwing before the game is extremely encouraging. I wonder what type of “state of the art” surgery he had. Might be a miracle 

Honestly, I'm not buying him coming back.  This is a full year injury - that he wants to come back in less than 4 months.  I get it's some type of new surgery and all..but it's just hard to believe.