Saleh: “played a gauntlet of QBs first 6 weeks, embarrassed all of them”

Rhg1084

7 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I love the word Gauntlet, it’s awesome. 

Yep. I use it as a standing meeting with my team where they’ve got to present work in progress and solicit feedback. It’s great for developing story telling skills + the ability to facilitate constructive discussion. They love it.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Yep. I use it as a standing meeting with my team where they’ve got to present work in progress and solicit feedback. It’s great for developing story telling skills + the ability to facilitate constructive discussion. They love it.

Yeah I like it for that same reason and stuff too. Not because when I play with my grandson building building block things for him to run over with his scooter I go “ Welcome to the Gauntlet of Doom!” In my best Scary voice. 

7 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Yeah I like it for that same reason and stuff too. Not because when I play with my grandson building building block things for him to run over with his scooter I go “ Welcome to the Gauntlet of Doom!” In my best Scary voice. 

That’s where it started for me. Then I used it for work to be ironically intimidating sounding. It’s anything but a gauntlet. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Lol Sanchez was like "the NFL must have an angle we dint have access too" 

Yeah I was at the game there was no clear angle they showed on the jumbotron… thought maybe the broadcast had one? The fact they overturned that to a TD was a joke

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Yeah I was at the game there was no clear angle they showed on the jumbotron… thought maybe the broadcast had one? The fact they overturned that to a TD was a joke

I've largely aged out of the yelling at the tv but I might have slipped back into it on that one. Infuriating

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

JD has focused on the trenches and as far as the D-line goes it is finely paying off. Watching a depleted secondary step up was a direct result of a dominant pass rush. When or if the O-line can show that same level of play the skys the limit. JD has been blasted for his moves but he has put into action a concentrated effort, final shoe just needs to drop and the Jets future will look bright for a long time.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

I’d wait until a playoff berth or until you break .500 over your career as a HC before flexing but ok sure.

Also ironic because Saleh continues to run out a starting QB who manages to “embarrass” himself pretty much every week for 3 years running now.

If you think Zach embarrassed himself what do you think of Hurts, Mahomes, and Russell Wilson, all Super Bowl QBs that Zach has outplayed in three successive weeks? Not sure why you follow a team if you feel the need to bash the QB who was without any real WR weapons the whole game after GW was compromised - and against a great DLine and had zero turnovers - all after one of the best wins this franchise has ever had. Such a bad take.

• Upvote 2
  • More Ugh 1

On 10/15/2023 at 10:38 PM, Rhg1084 said:

Eh we shut down Josh Allen every time we play him 

On 10/15/2023 at 10:41 PM, JohnnyLV said:

Have you looked at how Allen has performed against the Jets. Opening was just about exactly his average game against the Jets

https://www.crossingbroad.com/2023/10/robert-saleh-walks-back-comments-about-embarrassing-opposing-quarterbacks.html

Robert the Cheerleader Salad is being carried by luck, The Eagles team self-destructed with easy drops that caused them serious yardage. 

We are not a great team, we are bad at tackling and stopping the run and the offense can't score a TD. 

Stop it Robert, because these so called elite QBs are very overrated.  

Stop the run, start faster, have the offense score TDs and then glorify yourself.