Jermaine Johnson

3 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Huff is a game changer and though JJ only has 2 sacks he has been making impact plays. He is showing up.  He created 2 of 4 turnovers. 

The QW pick- JJ was RDE, fake rush, dropped back looked left saw the TE dripping out and streaked over to knock the ball out. High IQ play.

The Bryce pick: JJ at LDE with a beautiful pass rush, hard on edge, dramatic outside step out and grabbed the RT’s inside shoulder so the tackles momentum would swing him back inside to get to Hurts’s throwing arm. A very high level pass rush combo.

He plays HARD, Saleh says “strain”. His stats don’t pop but he is making impact plays and I don’t know who to look at when him and Huff are out there on 3rd down.

He’s a + guy for sure 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, sirlancemehlot said:

He has no pass rush moves. No spin no swim no hand fighting no dip and rip. He just bull rushes. He's strong and athletic but really only a quicker Lawson or Clemons. He needs to develop his hands. 

Noticed this a lot tonight, he got put upright quite a bit and didn't have an answer to it. He had a stellar preseason and it looked like he had turned a corner but step by step I guess.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 3

1 hour ago, sirlancemehlot said:

He has no pass rush moves. No spin no swim no hand fighting no dip and rip. He just bull rushes. He's strong and athletic but really only a quicker Lawson or Clemons. He needs to develop his hands. 

It seems that way...

However dude just make plays. He had his hands up I noticed a lot today when the ball was in the air. This is coaching and it means he is coachable. So I think coaching can make this guy even better than he is now. He is good now.

• Sympathy 1

I wanted Suace and JJ in that draft, yes, Garrett Wilson was my favorite WR too but never thought they'd take him.  JJ is the truth and all those haters who were yelling at me, hating during the draft process need to once again, apologize to me for being so nasty and so wrong and recognize my brilliance. 

He simply shows up every week and is noticeable in the game.  That alone is exciting, the fact it is year two and already leaps and bounds in progress from last year.  
Get me more guys like this.  Motor guys!
Absolutely and what is this, basically his 16th game? I don't think he played much early last year... can definitely develop into something great

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, hawk said:

He simply shows up every week and is noticeable in the game.  That alone is exciting, the fact it is year two and already leaps and bounds in progress from last year.  

Get me more guys like this.  Motor guys!

always seems to be around the ball.  Only 2nd year.  Also mcdonald is showing up on the pass rushes too, getting closer.  

9 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

I like him. But I would have picked Breece before him and not rolled the dice breece would still be there few picks later :)

Man, I'm so glad I won that $1.8 billion dollar Powerball, but if I had to do it over again, I would have rather won the $30 million state lottery.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JiF said:

I wanted Suace and JJ in that draft, yes, Garrett Wilson was my favorite WR too but never thought they'd take him.  JJ is the truth and all those haters who were yelling at me, hating during the draft process need to once again, apologize to me for being so nasty and so wrong and recognize my brilliance. 

Brilliance recognized.

LifetimeAchievementAward-PrinceTakingBows.gif.a9c92d22db12a738e569ea5eb883fc9d.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

JJ is definitely turning into a playing.

I didn't love the pick, he didn't show me a lot last year - but no doubt he seems to be getting better every week.

Big fan of JJ right now.

He had a couple of moments last year but, for the most part, didn't really stand out.  It was weird that he dropped so far in the draft.  Kind of made me think we might've overvalued him at the time.  But this year, he's been a revelation.  He's definitely one of our "dawgs".  JD really hit on a lot of players in that draft.

Btw, I think we should look at IV in the same light as we did with JJ.  Keep expectations low this year and then let's see what he does next year.  If IV can step it up the way JJ has done that would be something.  And let's hope we can keep Huff too.  That would be a game wrecking defense.

• Upvote 1

JJ is my favorite player on D. He just is. He's a worker, strong as ****, never quits. He's a guy that doesn't get the stats others rack up, but without him, other players don't do as well.

Love guys like that.

And he's a cool guy. Just wants to be better. So underrated. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1