We jus goin to ignore MetLife almost took out G Wilson?

It's just so crazy that this wasn't fixed the day after Rodgers went down. We know 💯 percent with our a shadow of doubt the field cause needless injuries . We saw Wilson almost go down today. What the hell is it going to take??

Jets' Garrett Wilson Calls Out 'Garbage' MetLife Stadium Turf After Injury vs. Eagles

NEWSSCORESTEAMSRUMORSFANTASYDRAFT

NEW YORK JETS

Jets' Garrett Wilson Calls Out 'Garbage' MetLife Stadium Turf After Injury vs. Eagles

FRANCISCO ROSAOCTOBER 15, 2023

Sarah Stier/Getty Images

The turf at MetLife Stadium continues to be an ongoing topic of concern for the New York Jets this season.

And after having to exit the game for a short period with a non-contact injury, star wideout Garrett Wilson called the newly installed FieldTurf playing surface "garbage" while also emphasizing that he was OK.

Wilson seemed to have also suffered an ailment in the fourth quarter and didn't return to the game, though coach Robert Saleh said he could've if necessary.

The Jets' consternation with the playing surface began early in the season after four-time league MVP Aaron Rodgers went down just a few minutes into his Big Apple career with a torn Achilles in the team's season opener.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10093518-jets-garrett-wilson-calls-out-garbage-metlife-stadium-turf-after-injury-vs-eagles

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Barton said:

This is a huge problem. He could have easily tore his knee up. And garret is a guy who dances with his feet and often plants 1 leg down hard. Only a matter of time until something snaps. Buy a fricking grass factory and ship it in every week. Get it done. 

Not so easy to host Taylor Swift concerts and monster truck shows with grass in place. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Barton said:

This is a huge problem. He could have easily tore his knee up. And garret is a guy who dances with his feet and often plants 1 leg down hard. Only a matter of time until something snaps. Buy a fricking grass factory and ship it in every week. Get it done. 

For sure, I cringe every time he cuts because it’s so violent and abrupt how he does it 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, frankiepapa said:

In Arizona, they basically keep the field outside the stadium and move it on game day... have to believe we can figure out a way to keep the field and still host other events

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

That’s due to photosynthesis not wear and tear. The LA stadium faces the same issue 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Brand new turf they installed this year.  No chance Woody and the Mara's agree to dole out the cash to replace it again.

Maybe woody can sell his dumbass necklace and put that towards it

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Gen X Jet said:

Not so easy to host Taylor Swift concerts and monster truck shows with grass in place. 

You are not wrong, Its all about other revenue for the facility, I don't buy the excuse of a game being played there every week by either the Jets or the Giants.

The grass tray system they installed years ago was a disaster.  If they just put in real sod in early next year, it should be ready by pre-season of 24.  it can be maintained, but will never happen.

• Upvote 1

It astounds me that the billionaire owners will count their pennies when it comes to something like fake turf vs. grass. How many more superstars need to get hurt on this terrible playing surface at this terrible stadium? Maybe move to grass and you’ll save money long term by having fewer injuries. Just a thought. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Larz said:

That’s due to photosynthesis not wear and tear. The LA stadium faces the same issue 

It is true that the stadium was primarily constructed with a movable field to allow for the sunlight to maintain the grass. That said, all other non-football related activities held at the stadium have the added benefit of not having to damage the playing field. Not that they're going to retrofit MetLife with the same, maybe it could be considered if the Jets ever got their own stadium. Of course that wouldn't happen in my lifetime 🙂 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, AZ Jet Guy said:

It is true that the stadium was primarily constructed with a movable field to allow for the sunlight to maintain the grass. That said, all other non-football related activities held at the stadium have the added benefit of not having to damage the playing field. Not that they're going to retrofit MetLife with the same, maybe it could be considered if the Jets ever got their own stadium. Of course that wouldn't happen in my lifetime 🙂 

If the jets want grass they have to opt out of the lease and build their own stadium.  

• Upvote 1

I'd bet my life that there is a way to have grass on Sunday. I'm sure it'd come at a "crazy" cost - but I just don't believe it is impossible. 

I actually like guys like GW and other Jets/Giants speaking on this - they should put a ton of pressure on the Maras and Johnsons to actually do something. There is more discussion about this than ever before - I hope there is action before next season. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Columbia Jet Fan said:

I'd bet my life that there is a way to have grass on Sunday. I'm sure it'd come at a "crazy" cost - but I just don't believe it is impossible. 

I actually like guys like GW and other Jets/Giants speaking on this - they should put a ton of pressure on the Maras and Johnsons to actually do something. There is more discussion about this than ever before - I hope there is action before next season. 

teamsters or not, if GW and other I wish AR would talk abotu it every week, somethign woudl get done. I really dont think Woody knows the reality of the field, Im sure he has been told it is fine by his advisors, but someone needs to talk to him.

Its a built in liability and literally cost us best chance at winning a SB in forever. AR does not tear achillies if we have a good field 100%. GW and breece hall cut and move all the time planting thier feet to make plays. Maybe cause we have not had any play makers in a long time no one really noticed, but now that we do it is clear. The field is undefeated and will take more players down.

Did S Barkley get hurt on this field too? Im not sure but i bet the Giants have had injuries due to the grass too. We should try to make a list every player that got burt because of the field. I bet it is longer than you might expect.