Bye Week Confidence Polls (JD, Saleh, ZW, Playoff Chances)

Bye Week Confidence Polls  

23 members have voted

1. 1. How confident are you in Joe Douglas going forward?

• Extremely confident
    • Above Average
    • Average
    • Below Average
    • Well Below Average
    • No response to this question (but I need to put something here because JN forces you to respond to all questions)
  2. 2. How confident are you in Robert Saleh going forward?

• Extremely confident
    • Above Average
    • Average
    • Below Average
    • Well Below Average
    • No response to this question (but I need to put something here because JN forces you to respond to all questions)
  3. 3. How confident are you in Zach Wilson going forward?

• Extremely confident
    • Above Average
    • Average
    • Below Average
    • Well Below Average
  4. 4. How confident are you about the Jets' chances to make the playoffs this year?

• Extremely confident
    • Above Average
    • Average
    • Below Average
    • Well Below Average

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/29/2023 at 04:00 PM

I'm generally still confident in Joe Douglas. I think he's a good GM. I like his approach, I think he's rebuilt this roster from among the worst in the league to above average with young talent. He has his warts and whiffed on QB but I think he's done a good job overall and would want him to be our GM going forward.

I'm pretty confident in Saleh. He has his warts but I think he motivates players well, is good at building culture, and has a great defensive scheme. I think his offense will be as good as his OC and QB which has been his issue thus far... Game management has been pretty meh which something he needs to clean up as a defensive coach. Also a little too conservative and loyal to vets for my taste.

I have no confidence in Zach Wilson and want him replaced sooner rather than later, although he's definitely improved from where he was.

I think we make the playoffs. We're basically duking it out with the Chargers, Steelers, Ravens, Browns, Colts, and Texans for two spots. I think we get one of them.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, DJF71 said:

Just like their record the best anyone can feel is average. 

I think you could argue that in the first six games we've played 4 of the top 6 teams in the league and weathered the storm -- and that we're about to start stacking wins. Going 2-1 against the Chiefs, Bills, and Eagles is nothing to sneeze at (embarrassing Pats loss aside.)

It might just be the Monday vibes but here's where I am as of today, after two wins in a row, one on the road and one against the best team in the NFC.

Qualifications - The JD vote and probably the Saleh vote (to a degree) are slightly biased and a bit relative to Jets history.  I am MUCH more confident in JD than any GM the Jets have had since Trader Tanny was sacrificing the future to build a win-now roster.  I am MUCH more confident in Saleh as compared to any coach the Jets have had since Parcells and that actually includes Rex.

Zach was a close between Average and Below Average.  But 1 INT since the Dallas game where he was asked to play Hero Ball is big growth from him.  I'm not confident he can yet win a game with his arm for a Jets team that is any kind of shootout where the Jets D is giving up some points.  But my confidence has grown a lot in his ability to limit mistakes, make better decisions, and manage the offense (the "free play" pass to Wilson after drawing the Eagles offsides, the quick snap to catch Eagles with 12 men on the field, etc.).

Playoffs will be tough.  I'm trying to be realistic.  Jets MUST beat New England, and at least split with Miami to have a shot even with the Jets having an easier schedule.

image.thumb.png.0fa713d743bddb3bbcfbdd9e11f0a45a.png

Aside from the QB position, Douglas has done a fantastic job with this roster.

I think the talent is far more of the driving force than the HC so far but that could change.  I will say that Saleh has been very good from a culture standpoint.  Team didn't quit against Buffalo when Rodgers went down and still hasn't.

You all already know my thoughts on Zach.  And I still firmly believe he's going to cost a potentially great team from reaching the postseason, and that makes me sad.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I think the talent is far more of the driving force than the HC so far but that could change.  I will say that Saleh has been very good from a culture standpoint.  Team didn't quit against Buffalo when Rodgers went down and still hasn't.

Agreed

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yeah, the culture/vibes around the team seem to be very good. You'd imagine with good QB play they'd be even better.

• Upvote 1