Roster Adjustments IF Tippmann has to go on IR (not determined yet)

Saleh said Tippmann might be "out for awhile", which coming from Saleh could mean anything from "he'll be back after the bye" to "he is on life support facing a 10 year battle just to walk again"

So, what would the Jets do if he has to go on IR?  There are 5 options, I guess, in order of likelihood:

1. Mitchell stays at RT, Schweitzer stays at RG and either Brown comes off IR as a backup or Dennis Kelly gets signed off the PS (he's more of a tackle, I know)
  2. Carter Warren starts at RT, Mitchell moves to RG (maybe his best position), Schweitzer stays as backup at G and C - Brown stays on IR or Retires
  3. Duane Brown comes off IR goes to RT, Becton stays at LT and Mitchell plays RG
  4. Mitchell stays at RT, Schweitzer stays at RG and the Jets sign a veteran OL off the street or poach someone's practice squad for a serviceable Guard - Brown stays on IR or Retires
  5. Jets sign La'el Collins and plug him in at RT, either Mitchell, Schweitzer, or Warren plays RG - Brown stays on IR or Retires

1 hour ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Saleh said Tippmann might be "out for awhile", which coming from Saleh could mean anything from "he'll be back after the bye" to "he is on life support facing a 10 year battle just to walk again"

So, what would the Jets do if he has to go on IR?  There are 5 options, I guess, in order of likelihood:

1. Mitchell stays at RT, Schweitzer stays at RG and either Brown comes off IR as a backup or Dennis Kelly gets signed off the PS (he's more of a tackle, I know)
  2. Carter Warren starts at RT, Mitchell moves to RG (maybe his best position), Schweitzer stays as backup at G and C - Brown stays on IR or Retires
  3. Duane Brown comes off IR goes to RT, Becton stays at LT and Mitchell plays RG
  4. Mitchell stays at RT, Schweitzer stays at RG and the Jets sign a veteran OL off the street or poach someone's practice squad for a serviceable Guard - Brown stays on IR or Retires
  5. Jets sign La'el Collins and plug him in at RT, either Mitchell, Schweitzer, or Warren plays RG - Brown stays on IR or Retires

None of the above. 

Brown comes back and STARTS at LT. Becton moves to RT (he has had issues with penalties and speed rushers at LT, hopefully he settles down at RT, he can def. play both, not sure if Brown can). Mitchell is the backup RT in case Brown/Becton get hurt and we have to do another shuffle. Schweitzer stays at G. He struggled against the Eagles in Pass Pro but I hope that is more of a reflection on how good the Eagles D-line is rather than how bad Schweitzer is and I pray he is at least a serviceable starter.

Brown, Laken, McG, Schweitzer, Becton  

• Upvote 1

Just now, PepPep said:

None of the above. 

Brown comes back and STARTS at LT. Becton moves to RT (he has had issues with penalties and speed rushers at LT, hopefully he settles down at RT, he can def. play both, not sure if Brown can). Mitchell is the backup RT in case Brown/Becton get hurt and we have to do another shuffle. Schweitzer stays at G. He struggled against the Eagles in Pass Pro but I hope that is more of a reflection on how good the Eagles D-line is rather than how bad Schweitzer is and I pray he is at least a serviceable starter.

Brown, Laken, McG, Schweitzer, Becton  

I honestly can't see any scenario where Brown replaces Becton at LT.  I'm wrong all the time and I may be wrong this time, but I just can't see it happening

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

I honestly can't see any scenario where Brown replaces Becton at LT.  I'm wrong all the time and I may be wrong this time, but I just can't see it happening

Totally agree at this point Brown will be a backup and any game action depending on Bectons health.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, ElBarrioJets said:

La'el Collins played guard, and most recently at tackle. He's essentially a must-sign at this point. 

I think he’s a must sign right now unless he’s completely washed. He’s only 30 years old tho so you’d think he has something left in tank?

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Well, the way I view it is Becton is replacing Mitchell at RT and Brown is taking back a vacant spot at LT. Essentially, his starting spot before he got injured. Like I said, Becton won't be going to the bench. It's Mitchell who is getting replaced. 

What is LESS likely IMO is Brown coming back healthy and being benched for a struggling Mitchell or forced to play RT when he's never played that side in his career. He may as well retire at that point.  

1 hour ago, Dupe said:

There’s lots of tape already showing how well Becton played yesterday.  He is happy there and beasting.  If he finishes the year starting, we have got to resign him as our LT.

Saleh has been anti-Becton through the media and he has really made him earn his spot, while many players have had zero pressure/accountability. If he takes it away from him to please Brown then that’s a big mistake. 

I would like to try Mitchell at RG and Warren at RT to see what we have. If any of them play solid that’s a HR for me. 

• Upvote 2