Phillys 1st TD

Between that and the BS non call at the end of the Giants game. And for the record I find the referee analyst to be the worst. They explain nothing, and always say the refs are doing a great job and made the right call. Collingsworth took the NBC referee analyst to town last night saying that the Bills defender impeded the receiver from catching the ball last night. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, 56mehl56 said:

You  just don't have the secret spliced version of the film the NFL refs get from some server in ny..... er Vegas 

“The script” has gone from being a HaHa Meme to a “hmmm, might be something to this”

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, PS17 said:

“The script” has gone from being a HaHa Meme to a “hmmm, might be something to this”

So what is the NFL's reason for screwing a franchise in the biggest media market in the US?

I mean, if there IS a conspiracy, what do they gain from it.  No one conspires for sh*ts and giggled, certainly not when it's a question of the integrity of the very billions of dollars sport they're all partners in.

So what's the "why" here?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

So what is the NFL's reason for screwing a franchise in the biggest media market in the US?

I mean, if there IS a conspiracy, what do they gain from it.  No one conspires for sh*ts and giggled, certainly not when it's a question of the integrity of the very billions of dollars sport they're all partners in.

So what's the "why" here?

I think its a “star qb” vs “non star qb” issue

they want the stars in the playoffs, its a qb driven league

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, JOJOTOWNSELL said:

I think its a “star qb” vs “non star qb” issue

they want the stars in the playoffs, its a qb driven league

A star is a sh*thole like KC isn't worth more than a star in NYC.

So if the NFL is willing to conspire and fix games via refs for stars, why would they not also conspire to get a star into NYC?

A star QB in a NYC playoff game moves the needle more than anything else could.

• Upvote 2

At the very least, every sport that overturns a call on the field should show to the public viewing that game (and Vegas and all the money being gambled on games) clear video evidence for why the call was reversed.  They did not do that yesterday, not that I saw on Fox.  If they didn't provide it to Fox to show, then that network should openly criticize that.

• Upvote 1

I think the issue is the call on the field was that he fumbled, not that he was ruled down. I do think he reached the ball to the goal line before it was knocked free, but was down by contact before it even got to the point where he reached out. Problem is, there’s no angle that proves when his knee/thigh/whatever contacts the ground.

So the drones at NFL HQ watch the video, find an angle that shows the ball across that’s enough to overturn that aspect of the ruling on the field. Don’t find an angle definitively proving he was down, so that aspect of the ruling on the field has to stand.

Most of the blame should go to the refs who botched the ruling on the field IMO. But the replay booth should have just not even bothered instead of essentially creating a TD on a technicality.

• Upvote 1

Unfortunately the league is not answerable to Jet fans.

And the refs themselves are never answerable to anybody. 

Anthony Taylor in EPL / UEFA is notorious for being a dogs-t ref.

After an egregious UEL match, some fans in Italy actually tracked him to the airport and harassed him, throwing stuff at him in front of his family.

2 hours ago, JOJOTOWNSELL said:

Someone explain how I still

have not seen proof that the ball crossed the plane?

ive never felt the NFL was rigged before that fiasco yesterday

Ummmmmm I’ve said the NFL is definitely tilted if not rigged and my proof was the Pats and Bellichick video tape scandal whereby the NFL claimed, with a straight face, that they burnt the tapes and the evidence because there was nothing there!

No lawyer in their right mind would EVER destroy exculpatory evidence…. EVER!

Now let’s turn to the Hurts fumble whereby it was clear to the referees on the field, the fans in the stands and TV viewing audience that it was a fumble. 

Then the call was overturned and there was ZERO evidence presented that there was clear and convincing evidence to overturn that call.  NONE!!

So yes games are hard to out and out fix but there is ZERO doubt that NFL games are and can be weighted.  

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Ummmmmm I’ve said the NFL is definitely tilted if not rigged and my proof was the Pats and Bellichick video tape scandal whereby the NFL claimed, with a straight face, that they burnt the tapes and the evidence because there was nothing there!

No lawyer in their right mind would EVER destroy exculpatory evidence…. EVER!

Now let’s turn to the Hurts fumble whereby it was clear to the referees on the field, the fans in the stands and TV viewing audience that it was a fumble. 

Then the call was overturned and there was ZERO evidence presented that there was clear and convincing evidence to overturn that call.  NONE!!

So yes games are hard to out and out fix but there is ZERO doubt that NFL games are and can be weighted.  

The extreme inconsistency of how RTP and DPI flags are called is enough for me.  At BEST it represents unconscious bias on the part of refs, but I think evidence suggests its well past that.

Three fixes.

1) Reviews are all done by the league in a central location.  So you don't have different games being ruled on differently because of the crews.  You simply cannot have people review their own work.

2) All plays, including non-calls are challengeable.  Teams only get a few challenges per game.  Why not let coaches use them however they want.  If the crew misses an obvious DPI, it should be up to the HC to throw the red flag, and up to the league to review it.

3) Make bad reffing mean something.  Not just a slap on the wrist.  If you make really, really bad calls repeatedly, you don't get to do it anymore.  Let's not follow baseball down the Angel Hernandez rabbit hole.

As it stands, the easiest way for a ref to tilt a game is to simply not flag an obvious penalty.  "Oops, I didn't see it" cannot be the way games are decided.

I'll end this with an image of the worst non-call in NFL history.  The infamous felonious assault by the Rams on the Saints in an NFC Championship Game.

NFL referee controversies: No-call vs. Rams is officials' latest gaffe

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1