MetLife Stadium is Horrible on Almost Every Level

PS17

5 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

I'll say this.

Of all the millions of Stadium Sucks threads (and it does) this is the first that is almost entirely about the commute, which is a uniquely "you" problem.

Personally, if I had to take 5 trains, a bus and Uber to go to and from a football game, I'd stay home. 

The commute is terrible even from north Jersey. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, gastineau_intestinal_tract said:

jets aren't worth the ridiculous commute to see them.  i'm surprised  nobody gets killed every home game because of the crazy drunk fans.  there has to be multiple fights you never hear about every home game.

frikken animals 

That could be said about any NFL stadium, any team.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

I ubered in DC.....  wasn't bad. There is an UBER lot at the stadium, fairly well run but I tried to UBER to the JET/Panther preseason game here and couldn't get a car.  So I think it's hit and miss.

Sorry, should have mentioned to the stadium is fine. If you need a ride out of there then it’s a mess.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I read this as you got drunk on margaritas and full on Puerto Rican food which made you leave later than you should have and then cut the security lines to compensate for your whimsical insolence. 

Again, guilty. 

• Haha 2

Build a new stadium in Queens near Citi Field … has access from various forms of transportation … auto, bus, subway, railroad & if need be aero… in addition, you have many locations to eat Good food & many Good Hotels in which to stay in if you don’t wish to travel right away.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2

2 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

This year I went to week 1 at meadowlands and week 2 in Dallas. My first time ever going to another NFL stadium. It is absolutely staggering the difference in the two arenas in every facet. Commute, gate entry, concessions, seating, in-game experience, etc.

I've never posted in any of these types of threads before bashing the stadium. All I ever knew was Giants/Metlife. I was also a bit young/immature to really appreciate the whole west-side stadium vs. meadowlands situation back in the late 2000s. Having grown up and seeing how other cities and franchises are operating, it's absolutely unbelievable that the folks in charge of two teams that boast the greatest city in the world could **** it up so badly.

I'm going to Allegiant later this year, and am eagerly anticipating another outstanding stadium experience. 

It's true.  The annoying part is that the sh*ttiest facets of MetLife can actually be fixed.  And yet, 13 years into its existence, they have not been.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, PS17 said:

I know, another groundbreaking MetLife Stadium thread. Wanted to share my experience yesterday. Was a reminder of why I rarely go to Jets games. 

10:35 AM.  Leave my Brooklyn home. Walk to the F train, transfer to the A train at Jay St., which I take to the Port Authority. Catch the 166 NJ transit bus to my Eagles-fan-buddy’s place in West New York. Arrive at noon, relatively pain free commute, but long. 

12 Noon through 3PM.  Watch RedZone. Bitch about our fantasy teams. Guzzle margaritas and eat Puerto Rican Uber Eats from Mi Islita in Union City. Shoutout to Mi Islita; that food is incredible and pretty inexpensive too.

😇).  

You had me at Puerto Rican food. Did you have mofongo? Totally off base on my end but had Puerto Rican food the other night. Perfect.

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Your 💯 correct on everything.

Problem is even if the Jets build a stadium anywhere in the tri-state area it will be the same or worse.

Unions and politicians run everything.

If a stadium costs legitimately 1 billion soup to nuts you have to add another Billion in pay offs to the politicians and Unions.

So what you get is a 500 million stadium that’s not up to the standards everyone deserves for 1 Billion because they aren’t paying more.

That sounds so "story like" but it's true.  I audited the books of many companies in my CPA career. I was auditing the books of a LARGE HVAC co and saw a 3K check cut every Friday to cash.  I was told it was to pay Nick at the WTC in order to enter the building each week.  Numerous smaller clients (dentists, Dr's Lawyers) paying off the doorman to look the other way and let a non union guy come do work in their offices. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, JetsfaninNorthHollywood said:

You had me at Puerto Rican food. Did you have mofongo? Totally off base on my end but had Puerto Rican food the other night. Perfect.

Hell yeah I had mofongo. Also pernil, fried pork chops, yellow rice and beans, chicken empanadas, and some glorious garlicky sauce to douse everything. Some of the best Latin food I’ve ever had. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, PS17 said:

I know, another groundbreaking MetLife Stadium thread. Wanted to share my experience yesterday. Was a reminder of why I rarely go to Jets games. 

10:35 AM.  Leave my Brooklyn home. Walk to the F train, transfer to the A train at Jay St., which I take to the Port Authority. Catch the 166 NJ transit bus to my Eagles-fan-buddy’s place in West New York. Arrive at noon, relatively pain free commute, but long. 

12 Noon through 3PM.  Watch RedZone. Bitch about our fantasy teams. Guzzle margaritas and eat Puerto Rican Uber Eats from Mi Islita in Union City. Shoutout to Mi Islita; that food is incredible and pretty inexpensive too.

3:15 PM. Get Uber from my friend’s West New York apartment. Quoted 20 minute ride to MetLife. Arrive at 4pm, awful traffic and impossible to exit the highway, so we get out and walk along the shoulder lane to get to the parking lot with a walkway to the stadium. 

4PM. The MENSA convention fans start funneling into the stadium, no real semblance of lines, so luckily my buddy and I dart through the clueless crowds and get in pretty quickly. The stadium entry should be a lot easier and quicker than it is. 

We enter at the Verizon gate and had to go up to the THIRD LEVEL to get to our mezzanine level seats near the Pepsi gate. Great stadium design!

4:27PM.  Arrive in our seats late, just in time to see the Jets punt. We sat in row 4 of section 248 in the left end zone. Fans in the section were really good (myself included 😇). Energetic, rowdy Jets fans who didn’t cross the line. A smattering of Eagles fans but nothing crazy. Good sight lines from our seats.

4:27-6PM. Incredibly choppy, rhythmless first half, in large part due to neverending injuries on the Godforsaken MetLife Turf. Notable players who went into the injury tent: Garrett Wilson and Lane Johnson and I’m sure some others I’m forgetting as I was pretty drunk. Enough is enough of this sh*t. Pay for grass, Johnsons and Maras. Protect your own players for Christ’s sake.

6:15 PM.  Purchase overpriced, mediocre chicken tenders and fries. Purchase two beers. Touch beers, realize they’re room temp. Alert the concessions workers my beer isn’t cold. “Ohhh I’m sorry none of the beers are cold, we’re restocking now, sorry about that.” **** off, morons.

6:20 PM. Go to the bathroom, huge lines that move slowly. Debate going into the empty women’s room. Decide I’m not that desperate. But the bathrooms are a mess.

6:25-7:35 PM. Watch the Jets come back in epic fashion. Fans were great. Stadium looked really cool when the sun went down; credit to them for the cool, flashing green lights. Finally some semblance of atmosphere and home field advantage after 13 years. 

***this is where I hit my breaking point and realize why I hate coming to Jets games in New Jersey***

7:40 PM. My buddy goes to the Uber parking lot where it takes him an HOUR to get a ride. I go my separate way to catch the train back into Manhattan. I don’t get on a train until 8:40, well over an hour after the game ends. And then for whatever reason the train spits you out in Secaucus where you wait ANOTHER 15 minutes for a train to Penn Station. 

9:12 PM. Arrive at Penn Station. Walk a quarter mile underground to the A train. Catch the A train, transfer to the F.

10:14 PM. Arrive back home in Brooklyn, nearly three hours after the game ends. Remind myself why I don’t go to MetLife Stadium. 

The only semi-decent thing about MetLife is that the sight lines are decent if you’re not sitting in the nosebleeds. The location is horrible. The stadium design is horrible. The transit is horrible. The concessions and workers are mostly horrible. 

I’m praying I see a Jets stadium somewhere in the boroughs at some point before I die. I feel a real detachment going to the soulless air conditioner in the swamps of New Jersey. Spending 5-6 hours round trip to do so every time.

So many other teams have beautiful stadiums that are accessible. We live in the capital of the western world and host TWO teams in the same stadium. We deserve better, and the players deserve a playing surface where they don’t have to worry about a career ending injury every week. 

That’s it.

I’ve said my piece, Chrissy.

Stay the **** home and cook something 

12 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

That sounds so "story like" but it's true.  I audited the books of many companies in my CPA career. I was auditing the books of a LARGE HVAC co and saw a 3K check cut every Friday to cash.  I was told it was to pay Nick at the WTC in order to enter the building each week.  Numerous smaller clients (dentists, Dr's Lawyers) paying off the doorman to look the other way and let a non union guy come do work in their offices. 

It’s a shame I’m a Union worker.

All it should be is a protection that the contract is honored not a reason to blackmail others.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This has been my impression as well. My first time walking into the stadium I was like “Maybe it’s not finished?” Just an absolutely lifeless, concrete husk that should be razed at the first opportunity. How can Citifield and Yankee Stadium come out awesome and the Jets and Giants get steamrolled into building that giant cell block? 

Who cares what the stadium looks like.  Enjoy the game, eat some good food and have fun with your family/buddies.

I do all 3 at metliffe each time I go its its great!

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Who cares what the stadium looks like.  Enjoy the game, eat some good food and have fun with your family/buddies.

I do all 3 at metliffe each time I go its its great!

What is the “good food” there, because it’s all been pretty terrible with few choices outside of frozen Aramark slop